Market games

I wd wish to recount my experience of todays trading............ For the amateur investor.

1. I saw a scrip which I have been tracking for last 5 days, which had higher buyers than sellers in the ratio of 3:1. This made me think that the scrip is in buying phase. And hence I took an exposure. But Lo and behold when the market tanked around noon, this also dropped like a stone. :eek:

Reasoning: I got trapped in an operator driven stock.

Solution: Look at total traded quantity and if selling qty is only near about it, whereas the buying qty is manifold higher, this could be operated. Normally I have seen is that Buying Qty/ Selling Qty should vary only 1.2 to 0.6 for a normal stock, and should not be more than 50% of the TT qty. If it is on the higher side be careful. Look at other parameters b4 entering.

2. I was given a tip by a top notch Co....to exit a blue chip share. Since I was in profit, I thought of day trading, as the scrip was higher by abt 4 %, where as normal movmt for the share was abt 2 %. But though the market had turned weak, this zoomed............................... :rolleyes:

Solution: Look at earlier reasoning and find an intermediate answer. Do not exit when buying strength is there. Exit only when volume is lower than that of previous day and enter only when vol is higher. ;)

Watching the Total BUY and Total SELL quantity on the NSE or BSE screen is the biggest trap most beginners fall for (including me until recently).

Most opearators know that beginners watch these figures and manipulate the numbers (BUY/SELL quantity) to suit their trading strategy.

Hi all,

I am pramod, a day trader & an investor for 3 years now. have lost a lot. learnt few lessons, still learning.

hope to learn from this forum too and share my ideas as well.

Intro

I am Pramod, a day trader & investor. have lost a lot, learnt few lessons, still learning. hope to learn fm this forum too and share my ideas.

biggest mistake i did was, took positions for trading, converted them into delivery when they turned into loss.

Hi

I am Kamalesh from Mumbai.

Will you please specify the scrip in which you experienced this "operation" so that other investors do not fall in the "pit" as you fell.

Hi

I am finding an interesting thing which I want to share with you. Indian market is operated by the activities of FII. Now the question is how to find where they invest. There are one active sources which I find is from the results published in dalal street quarterly corporate results. But one can find only the percentage % of market share they have picked on the whole. One can find the most activities in these shares. Here is the answer of your market game. They always pick and show the volume which they hold. It is one of the interesting thing to find the skill of their activities. As they play the game with big holdings one can easily in the grip. But I experience one thing they never left the share of the profitable companies.

Thanks
loomba

While buying and selling you must be very careful to judge the market position of the operators or FII's. Usually operators drive the stock in tandem with big cartel or market makers. You have to note that the book positions of the operators changes every hour when he feels the suply and demand of the particular stocks. You have to monitor the market movements every hour between 10:50 AM onwards. Mostly market operators enter the stocks between 12:40 PM to 1:45 PM , according to supply and demand. If you want to operate every day you have to follow strict rules and signals which operators make. For example in todays trading in Century Textiles.

Narasimha said:
While buying and selling you must be very careful to judge the market position of the operators or FII's. Usually operators drive the stock in tandem with big cartel or market makers. You have to note that the book positions of the operators changes every hour when he feels the suply and demand of the particular stocks. You have to monitor the market movements every hour between 10:50 AM onwards. Mostly market operators enter the stocks between 12:40 PM to 1:45 PM , according to supply and demand. If you want to operate every day you have to follow strict rules and signals which operators make. For example in todays trading in Century Textiles.
can u explain more how to understand the singnal.

sudoku1

apart from this....intl mkt & local rumours also influence trading nos...:)