Market forecast for April 2014

Impact of Inflation targeting by RBI to 4%

• Is good news for Indian economic growth.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Is bad news for Indian economic growth.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Is a false commitment by RBI chief?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Is a true commitment by RBI chief?

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
RBI chief says haven't moved to targeting inflation

So what does this mean? And how much may it affect the equity market in coming days?

A panel headed by Reserve Bank of India deputy governor Urjit Patel recommended in January moving to an inflation target, with an aim to eventually bring down consumer-price based inflation to 4 percent with a 2 percent band on either side.

Is this is a sign for bullish economy?:confused:

Indian shares hit record high as lenders rally; RBI policy key

* NSE index marks record high at 6,591.50

* BSE index rises to all-time high of 22,074.34

* Foreign investors remain heavy buyers (Updates prices, analyst comments and adds more stocks)

Indian shares jumped nearly 1.5 percent on Monday to record highs, surpassing their previous all-time highs hit just last week as lenders including ICICI Bank extended a recent rally boosted by strong foreign investor flows.The broader NSE index ended 1.36 percent higher after marking a lifetime high of 6,591.50, while the benchmark BSE index finished 1.38 percent up after touching a record high of 22,074.34, surpassing their previous milestones hit on March 18.
Technical data has a clear signal allowing green weave through the patterns.

grs

Technicals !! do yu study charts? these chart data provide lots of support while analyzing the stock price movement, but being an intraday trader I want to analyze the chart minute to minute. I have ami broker in my system but I have to run exploration for history updates after the markets are over. What can be done for this? I am seeking a suggestion in reference to my question.

In context to your query, I cd render a litl bit of help here. I am using metastock in my system and the feed u are asking for is called real time data feed which provides live data update tick by tick every second. I am using one of those software in my Technical analysis software. rtdsdata.com. if you want to know more about it, you may visit their website which is supported my live chat option.

hello, every 1 in this forum, I am new here. I replied to this thread in reference to this discussion you all r in, found interesting about this topc. regarding software, I am using one of those software but its lagging a lot, will it b reliable to buy this software you recommended for. rtdsdata.com, I visited their website. had a live chat with 1 of their executives. the rtdsdata executive showed me a live demo. but they wont provide any trial. in the demo it seemed that it doesnt lag. but till im confused. will u plz suggest me what should I do?

Post-election showdown looms for Raghuram Rajan.
RBI Governor warns of turmoil in markets if Lok Sabha polls deliver unstable govt

Reserve Bank Governor Raghuram Rajan on Tuesday said the markets have built up high hopes of the elections delivering a stable Government, but cautioned against "some turmoil" in the equity, and perhaps the bond and forex markets, if an unstable dispensation comes to power.

Nifty forecast, predictions, price analysis, technical analysis,charts and tips for 31 March to 4 April 2014.
Nifty spot index on last trading session closed at 6695 with gain. On daily chart, nifty price trend and momentum both are bullish. In last week, 4 sessions was positive and 1 session was negative for nifty. For next week, nifty support zone 6628 and 6510 are strong support zones while on upside expect resistances at 6755 and 6880.

On downside, 6260 is major average and above it, short-term trend will remain bullish for nifty. Daily chart indicators are bullish but in overbought zones so keep tight stop loss for all long positions and encash the momentum.

Nifty spot index this week closed with huge gains. This week nifty spot hit low at 6510, which is also open of this week. Weekly high was at 6702. Total 200 points or 3% plus weekly swing and closed with gain. This week fresh breakout was seen above 6680 and now nifty is heading towards 6950 and 7240 levels. Weekly chart price trend and momentum both are strong bullish but prices near overbought zones so investors must cap profits with protective stop losses in place. In last 8 weeks, nifty rallied from 5900 to 6700, which is 800 points, 13%+ gains in very short time, suggests bull market for index.

On chart, 6680 and 6345 are strong supports for nifty and above 6045; nifty medium and long-term bull trend will remain intact.

grs

Are the indices discounting after the rally???

Consequences of poll may be contra of what we are thinking of, after an appreciating rally the 50 stocks index is responding to a discount of 100 pts already. As the elections are nearing in, a fear amongst the traders is channeling in. Is this discount a profit booking or the result of traders being waiting for poll results.

shash

As per the pre-election scenario. Markets seems to expect more out of it.

The Indian stock market gave investors the jitters after snapping its much vaunted 10-day rally last week.

Today, the 30-stock Sensex rallied over 100 points, but later slipped off highs. One reason for the slight bearishness on Street is being attributed to profit-booking.
According to experts
"Market correction is not because the investors have lost post-poll hopes. Nifty rallied from 5,900 to 6,700 swiftly. Meanwhile, the index is in a correction mode because of selling pressure in a few pockets like banks and all. Overall, other sectors like mid-cap and real estate are doing well; hence to say that investors have lost hope will not be right and corrections are part of the market. Even if BJP comes to power and NDA forms the government I feel there would be correction as they will have to start the ground work on reforms."