Market-Data-Provider review....

hi fellow traders,
so i had been reading abt this confusion among us abt the best data feed around. someone came u with a brilliant idea and started a poll. i took it a step further and decided to go by the general verdict of the poll and took the demo of the provider with the maximum votes as the best data feed for nse futures and mcx this was my last post abt 2 months back

"anyway im a new kid on the block. looking for cheap and reliable rt data. going by the poll abv that wud me market-data-provider, right?? i mean it has got 17 votes and even if u deduct 7-8 votes(which im sure each provider has added himself to start the ball rolling ;-) ) still they are ahead by a good 10 votes. so im tking their demo today. will keep u guys posted on how it worked out for me. http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/24913-best-real-time-data-provider-india-4.html
"

i kept putting off writing the promisd review..reason..come on ..face it..who takes the time to write something good abt someone else. the only time we write a post n this blog is when we are majorly pissed at some provider either delayed data or no data at all.

but then recently i saw all thsi confusion going on here abt mdp. same guy writes two thread..be cautious..then says data is good... so i thought...why not put in my two cents worth and let u good ppl decide for urself. after all everyone is entitled to take a peice of this cake.

so, first things first, speed. my rating 5(*) :thumb:
speed is top notch. no delays what so ever.

second thing quantity and quality.. well they are giving 1200 stocks.. i mean all the stock nse future mcx.. so thats ur quantity and quality.. im getting tick by tick data... of all stocks simultanously. now that i have purchased rt4 ..which means annual data..i have exploration mode free...where i can see all charts at the same time.

next and equally important .. pirce... well that by now im sure all of us know that mdp are infact the cheapest data feed available around. and they promise to get cheaper still. if anyone has noticed..their webiste caption. all stocks at 499 by next year. well i'll be waiting for that bonanza offer eagerly.

so what else.. well the technical stuff..if u r into it... that the software is very light.. hardly tks any space on my comp. easy to use. easy to install.

and another thing i liked best abt is auto backfill... i mean no matter at what time i log the previous data comes automatically. its a great help knowing how the trend is since morning.

and the best of all i like..the support. its real nice and helpful. and its 24 hrs. not that im sitting on the comp that long.. but well if at 3 in the night i am still awake and need my doubt clarified... i know who to buzz dnt i ;)...

so if that covers all the point.. my advice to u all..tk the demo..and try it for urself...i mean whats the harm... u might really reap some benifits out of it. like getting free historical EOD data since 94..trsut me guys ..when doing intraday trading speed matters... a few secs can make u a lot more richer or a lot less poorer...however luck favors u.

feel free to add t this link. and any more insights i get into mdp..i'll surely keep u posted. and dont worry ..not just the good stuf.. im trying to dig dirt on them too.... so far ..unsucessful...

cherio!!

thanks for the review. have been using mdp for some time myself now. no regrets as yet. im on 3 month mode. but still find speed to be very good. keep up the good work.

pkgmtnl

yes i agree,

It was my post, I never raised doubt on quality of their services, its beyond doubt matchless.

It was merely a confusion for extra charges for using exploration mode, which they clarified and provided the freebies accordingly,

In my opinion, Market-Data-provider is one of best services available at very nominal charges (out of the available Data Providers for NSE & MCX both).

Thats, Y, i recommend to fellow friend to go in annual mode for best.

Last edited:
yes i agree,

It was my post, I never raised doubt on quality of their services, its beyond doubt matchless.

It was merely a confusion for extra charges for using exploration mode, which they clarified and provided the freebies accordingly,

In my opinion, Market-Data-provider is one of best services available at very nominal charges (out of the available Data Providers for NSE & MCX both).

Thats, Y, i recommend to fellow friend to go in annual mode for best.

hi pkgmtnl,

really appreciate the effort made by u to come out and clarify ur stand. i was myself in wonder as to why within a span of such short time two conflicting posts have come from the same person. when i pointed out ur post it was not meant otherwise..just as a reason which pushed me to sit down and post my opinion.

nevertheless, ur openess abt this issue, and the clarification for the benifit of all other traders is really commendable and goes to show how genuine a person u are and speaks volumes abt ur personal ethics :thumb:

keep it up. and i hope luck favors u in ur endevors.

hi guys,
first of all i think links like this are very helpful for new users like me. it makes us take right decision.
secondly ..cud u clarify if mdp gives mcx historical data also. like if i want last six months tick IEOD data (1 min/5min) can i get it from there?

also.. if they are really giving all stocks in exploration mode it is difficult to belive that time lag is not there. can u really be sure that there is no delay. if so, do they give life time membership. and on such memberships can i get any discount.

thank u for ur time.

hi guys,
first of all i think links like this are very helpful for new users like me. it makes us take right decision.
secondly ..cud u clarify if mdp gives mcx historical data also. like if i want last six months tick IEOD data (1 min/5min) can i get it from there?

also.. if they are really giving all stocks in exploration mode it is difficult to belive that time lag is not there. can u really be sure that there is no delay. if so, do they give life time membership. and on such memberships can i get any discount.

thank u for ur time.
hey regal,
the best answer to ur query is -- take a demo.

all ur doubts will be resolved. from my observation and experience there is no delay in data but why dont u see it for urself.

as for mcx six month historical IEOD. yes they do give. i have subscribed to it myself. register on their yahoo live support and ask them the price etc. their yahoo id is market_data_provider

and the lifetime membership query also they can tell u. i am an annual client and have recd quite a few freebies as a result of that. so for life time members im sure they must be giving lot more benifits. try it.

VJAY

Hi,
I am used their service since last 3 months.Data is ok but many stoppages due to their DP settings need frequently delet folders in cdrive etc.....also not able to scan scrips using afl on ami due to they not giving exploration on rt1/2 .for only fno data they allready charging Rs3000 for 3 month.No facility for view multi scrips..........
Swo am searching any other provider.Thinking to open ac with TT and get their chart of 5 days for NF and any other provider(cheap )for equity may be TDI etc etc.......
Regards
VJAY

Regards
VJAY

pkgmtnl

Hi,
I am used their service since last 3 months.Data is ok but many stoppages due to their DP settings need frequently delet folders in cdrive etc.....also not able to scan scrips using afl on ami due to they not giving exploration on rt1/2 .for only fno data they allready charging Rs3000 for 3 month.No facility for view multi scrips..........
Swo am searching any other provider.Thinking to open ac with TT and get their chart of 5 days for NF and any other provider(cheap )for equity may be TDI etc etc.......
Regards
VJAY

Regards
VJAY
Dear Vijay,

U seems using RT1 , seek their support for demo in RT3 with exploration mode, may be they allow for sometime, they are very customer friendly, then u will see the difference, once u go thru it, i m sure ur apprehensions of delayed data vill b over. Check ur internet speed also.

I suggest u, if u r a serious trader, dnt go for any yahoo data, u may be in soup some day, if u r a casual trader then its ok.

I think deleting is only RT data, not EoD. But it is alwz there for 15days as backfill, enough for intra day traders. For positional trades, U can also go for IEOD data in cash, FnO as well.

dear friend, Timely RT data is like oxygeneous blood to the heart.

Go in Annual mode, u will get several freebies too, like OPTIONS.

mavr

Hi PkgMtnl,

Thanks for your updates on MDP. If i subscribe to 3 months period will i also get IEOD so that I can scan charts for 5min, 10 min, 15 min, 60 min TF for past period let's say for 2 months back period.

Regards,
Monk

I have been using RT1 for almost a year, performs quite well.
No downtimes & failures worth mentioning, these guys keep the sofware updated too & keep on adding new features!
Very helpful customer support staff!
Highly recommended!