Market Crash?

Hey Amitbe, saint, creameee,supratik .... I have been ardent follower of your tips and advice on this forum. All of you have gr8 knowledge about the share market.
So in such a scenario, where each passing moment, the falling market also lowers one's BP... I think it's only quite logiv\cal that we ask you guys your views about this situation.
Kindly post your opinion and and advice on how to go about in this case.
Regards,
MM

Traderji

Super Moderator
mm231 said:
Hey Amitbe, saint, creameee,supratik .... I have been ardent follower of your tips and advice on this forum. All of you have gr8 knowledge about the share market.
So in such a scenario, where each passing moment, the falling market also lowers one's BP... I think it's only quite logiv\cal that we ask you guys your views about this situation.
Regards,
MM
As of this moment the Sensex has gained over 250 points from its days low.

Looks like the fall was exaggerated?? :confused:

mm231 said:
Regards,
MM
Hi MM,

This is not the time for any long term buys except a few stock specific ones.This is the time to book profits.........and hold the rest unless stopped.The correction will come,whether tomorrow or next week,but it will come.And all corrections are good for the market and its participants.

We can't control the markets.........instead we control when we want to get in and when we want to get out.Going with the flow,we make profits.So please don't lose sleep,get a gastric pain,collapse with aheart attack over a normal phenomenon like amarket correction.......Get your stops in place,and if out,no big deal.Take your stops and wait for the correction to be over....and we can always make more money once it is done!!

Take Care...and all the best!!
Saint

hi,
I understand this is not the time to enter the market to buy a stock for long/short term, but can anyone suggest me whether it is safe enough to trade nifty futures at this time of market' roller coasters ride? :p

Surely it is. Perhaps the best of the times to trade on Nifty. Add Nifty Options to your trading basket and the thrills are great.

Caution is advised as both are leveraged instruments and it doesn't take much time for a +ve position to turn negative.

More on any related aspect to it if you are genuinely interested.
Cheers

comerciante_inde said:
Surely it is. Perhaps the best of the times to trade on Nifty. Add Nifty Options to your trading basket and the thrills are great.

Caution is advised as both are leveraged instruments and it doesn't take much time for a +ve position to turn negative.

More on any related aspect to it if you are genuinely interested.
Cheers
hi,
Though I trade nifty futures along with stock futures I am completely unfamiliar with options trading. Can you suggest me how to be a good trader at both nifty futres and options for intra day trading?

usha said:
hi,
Though I trade nifty futures along with stock futures I am completely unfamiliar with options trading. Can you suggest me how to be a good trader at both nifty futres and options for intra day trading?
I MAY SOUND STUPID BUT KEEP A TRACK ON THE MIDCAP AND PICK QUALITY MIDCAPS ON AN AVERAGE BASIS RATHER THAN FRONTLINE STOCKS EVERYBODY WUD B ADVISING FRONTLINE RIGHT NOW BUT I WUD B A CONTRANION THE CASH THAT I HAV ACCUMULATED MOST OF IT WILL GO INTO MIDCAPS.PANICK IS AN OIPPURTUNITY TO MAKE MONEY

creameeee said:
I MAY SOUND STUPID BUT KEEP A TRACK ON THE MIDCAP AND PICK QUALITY MIDCAPS ON AN AVERAGE BASIS RATHER THAN FRONTLINE STOCKS EVERYBODY WUD B ADVISING FRONTLINE RIGHT NOW BUT I WUD B A CONTRANION THE CASH THAT I HAV ACCUMULATED MOST OF IT WILL GO INTO MIDCAPS.PANICK IS AN OIPPURTUNITY TO MAKE MONEY
Hi Creameee,

Agree with you,my friend.........most certainly,but could you please off the Caps please.Almost looks like you are shouting at us,which I know you don't mean to,but almost seems like it.

Saint

No Saint Yaar I M Not Shouting At Anybody.but I M Just Voicing The Opinion.i Think That This Reliance On Large Caps Is Overstated That They R Going To B Safe Bets And Blah Blah.but Look At How The Culprits Of The Game R Managing The Index.who Says That Only Penny Stocks R Manipulated.i Regularly Get News On Intraday Movements Of Shares Like Reliance ,relcap,sbi And Icici Bks And Most Of The Time They R Correct.how Do U Justify Valuation For A Bank Like Icici Trading At Pe Of 25 And 4.5 Times Book Value Which The Biggest Of The Banks In The World Do Not Get.i Firmly Bleive That Thereis Lot Of Index Mgt Gping On Which Will Go On Till F&o Expiry .i Wud Advice Caution