Managing A Portfolio Of 10 Lacs & Above

Do you think this thread is useful by any means ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who told u that I dont use stoploss?;)

Boss, start one thread and show me consistent profit with ur paper trades, I will salute u:cool:
Hi Dev,

I have been following your thread for a while now and it seems to be going in the right direction.
In one of your initial posts you mentioned -

(a) There should not be any if & but in my suggestions, people having doubt in my trading style may leave this program-me.

(b) Trading calls shall be given well in advance, so that people can take positions. Only actual trades shall be considered.

(c) Strict Stop Loss shall be adhered to.

"Only positional, with strict SL and target calls well in advance and followed by trades shall be mentioned here, so that followers can do their own research for learning and trading.

But in any case I am not going to disclose my trade secrets......reason for initiating a trade/trading system....kindly excuse me for that."

The Strict Stop Loss and Target Parts is missing in your trades.

Obviously its your thread and what you share is upto you.

Thanks,
AC

Dev, In the midst of everything..we forgot what have you done with coal india ? have you exited..added...or looking to add at what level? thanks
I am holding it.

Reason for my Trade is Double Bottom. Just check the charts attached. I have bought it for medium term target of 410 with SL of 290.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TheDreamer

Now Buying 4 lot Coal India @ 341.70
I am holding it.

Reason for my Trade is Double Bottom. Just check the charts attached. I have bought it for medium term target of 410 with SL of 290.

1 lot of Coal India =1,000 units

4 lots of Coal India = 4,000 units

Stop loss per unit = 341.70-290 = 51.70

Total loss if Stop-loss order gets executed = 4,000 * 51.7 = 2,06,800

So total loss in 1 trade can be more than 2 lakhs on a capital of 10 lakhs!!! :clap::clap::clap:

MTM loss so far = (341.70-321.65) * 4000 = 80,200 only (yeah... only Eighty thousand... ) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

ullu cheez kya hai!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 lot of Coal India =1,000 units

4 lots of Coal India = 4,000 units

Stop loss per unit = 341.70-290 = 51.70

Total loss if Stop-loss order gets executed = 4,000 * 51.7 = 2,06,800

So total loss in 1 trade can be more than 2 lakhs on a capital of 10 lakhs!!! :clap::clap::clap:

MTM loss so far = (341.70-321.65) * 4000 = 80,200 only (yeah... only Eighty thousand... ) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

ullu cheez kya hai!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
while taking position in Coal India, portfolio was in six lakh profit so total value of the portfolio should be considered as 1600000/- not 1000000/-

hope u understand this simple calculation:D

Henceforth, this thread should be considered as my trading Journal and members are requested not to follow this thread.

I don't have time to answer stupid questions.

Henceforth, this thread should be considered as my trading Journal and members are requested not to follow this thread.

I don't have time to answer stupid questions.
Dev,

You know what buggers are there for? To distract you and to bother you.
When you were making profits, how many of these came here to cheer up?
This is indeed your journal. From my perspective, if someone is following blindly, obviously they are FOOLS.
When you give your position entry, you don't give a reason for taking a position. From my perspective, it is fair enough. One should go and see what underlying factors are helping you to take a position and then jump in the Ocean.
Since this is a forum where all have access, they vent out the frustration. How many have been able to call TV Channels and say they gave wrong analysis?

Anyways, coming back to taking the position, yes it was a Double bottom, however, one rally was missed.
Lets see what shape the graph takes today.
All the Best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.