making 10 percent a month trading?

Pradeep Narayan

How do you figure positive expectancy?
Is that with backtest
Again with how large dataset?
I am not a fan of back testing as I believe that past performance has nothing to do with the future performance. At best, the past only teaches and gives you the experience.

For your question, try out a system (a signal generating one) with a fixed risk and reward over 30-40 trades. If the net result is positive, good! Use that with your money management and you should make money :)

lemondew

Its possible to make 120% in a year. 60% every 6 months. But turnaround time if 10 % per month is very difficult. If someone can show me a system profitable every month i ll be amazed.

While making 120% per year. The journey could be this way.

First 3 months +40%
Next 3months - 55%
Next 3months + 10%
Last 3months - +125 %

Has anyone consistently making 10 percent a month trading (or day trading)?
With a small capital, many must have done it many times. Don't know about large capital.
Why do you ask? Target for 1% every trade with RR of 1:1 and have a signalling system that is 57% correct. You can make it too! :)
why limit yourself to 10%

Aim like devil ...
Aim for 100% may be you will auto hit 10% Evil smile

idk of 10% just pray to god your capital becomes double every 1 year that be enough :xD
Look yearly how much u made and so be it

lemondew

In the example one can also say the guy made 125 % in last 3 months so 40% per month. At the same time he also made - 55%in 2nd quarter or -18 % month. A person needs a good system and needs to be capitalized to face the crests and trough.

Also he will go through the highs and lows as he rides through it. A person who has gone through the cycle only knows it well. Any amount of reading will still leave some doubts.
Its possible to make 120% in a year. 60% every 6 months. But turnaround time if 10 % per month is very difficult. If someone can show me a system profitable every month i ll be amazed.

While making 120% per year. The journey could be this way.

First 3 months +40%
Next 3months - 55%
Next 3months + 10%
Last 3months - +125 %

bashasm

In the example one can also say the guy made 125 % in last 3 months so 40% per month. At the same time he also made - 55%in 2nd quarter or -18 % month. A person needs a good system and needs to be capitalized to face the crests and trough.

Also he will go through the highs and lows as he rides through it. A person who has gone through the cycle only knows it well. Any amount of reading will still leave some doubts.
Understood
The problem with monthly 10 percent is you can hypothetically compound, where as you get only 120 percent in the other way per year

Last edited:

lemondew

If you can get 1%per day you can compound like crazy. The question is can you make 10% per month? If you are able to do it let me know how? If you can makr 0.2 per hour every hour for 5 hours its better you can compound better.

If you cant make it you are getting into theoretical mathematics which is practically not applicable.

Understood
The problem with monthly 10 percent is you can hypothetically compound, where as you get only 120 percent in the other way per year

bashasm

If you can get 1%per day you can compound like crazy. The question is can you make 10% per month? If you are able to do it let me know how? If you can makr 0.2 per hour every hour for 5 hours its better you can compound better.

If you cant make it you are getting into theoretical mathematics which is practically not applicable.
Theoretically it is possible. Practically I am not yet in that position
Example: In crude oil, one can easily make 10 points a day, which will make 1k profit (Let's remove taxes for simplicity).
Crude MIS will cost 25k, if we make 1k out of 25k it is 4 percent, so 1 percent is easy :)

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
If not doing algo trading on spreads, pyramiding is the most aggressive and fastest way to make such profits. But it is highly dangerous and I know traders which do trade like this and as already told: Bang, with one trade all is gone as all is finally set on one card. A traders mindset do this people have, and what kind of it. But all the rest which is needed to survive trading is not there.

A friend of mine, which was a share fund manager in the past, did in the high tech bubble with his fund 160% in a few months. But when the bubble blasted, the fund lost in a few days half of it and later was even closed, as he not was enough educated how to hedge his fund and about MM. So nobody comes here to me to say: MM and strategies are just the little part of trading instead THEY are some most important parts of trading when it comes to the point to keep any money we made with trading. Having a mindset to be a trader is prerequisite as it is for any job and this is just the basic and not the main point.

DP

Pradeep Narayan

I can tell you that it is possible - I do that and have done that. The trick is to break this up to smaller bits and manage the trades. Normally, it takes 4-7 trades a day to get an average of 1/2 percent per day. You need to size your positions in such way so that 60% of the target is done in 3 trades and balance 4 or 5 trades are only there to bring in the remaining 40% or recover losses (when the first 3 or 4 trades are loss making trades).

This is where the actual money management kicks in and this you will not find on the internet or with other mentors - you should find your style here!