Make money by writing call & put options

Untill I think if nifty close to 5300 put will expire very low level. but can't say about worthless. May Be Or May Be Not

please give me a small suggestion and oblige:
four days before expiry i sell Nifty Put 5200 for a premium and on expiry Nifty closes at 5300. my Put is worthless. is this technically correct?
thanks
Parimal.

four days before expiry i sell Nifty Put 5200 for a premium and on expiry Nifty closes at 5300. my Put is worthless. is this technically correct?
thanks
Parimal.
Why are you letting it expire? You can cut your losses buy buying it before expiry unless the brokerage is much more than what you are going to save.

TheDreamer

thanks
Parimal.
If Nifty closes even at 5200, the puts will be worthless. I do it generally 1-2 days before expiry... :)

Untill I think if nifty close to 5300, put will expire very low level. but can't say about worthless. May Be Or May Be Not
The value is zero at expiry... Please understand the situation before commenting...

Why are you letting it expire? You can cut your losses buy buying it before expiry unless the brokerage is much more than what you are going to save.
Why shouldn't he!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

prst

If Nifty closes even at 5200, the puts will be worthless. I do it generally 1-2 days before expiry... :)

The value is zero at expiry... Please understand the situation before commenting...

Why shouldn't he!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am not clear why should he buy it within 1-2 days of expiry? its going to be worthless at expiry. if he is not buying. Then he doesn't have to pay the buy side brokerage, and he'll get the entire premium .