Majesco share price 985 and dividend declared 974 today

Majesco share price 985 and dividend declared 974 today

Does this mean, if i buy majesco share at 985-1000 today, then i will get dividen of 974 per share.........

it looks like money will double by 25th december from this message......

is this correct.......am i missing something.........please reply urgently

Dr. Jan Itor

Unless there is some technicality I am not aware of, shares being intangible, cannot have a negative value... crude issue was commodity storage issue, so not comparable...
As for valuation they haven't liquidated the whole company as yet. Kuch toh BV rahega, even if we discount for general management expenses... right now they are selling peripheral business and returning cash on books to shareholders... will have to look at fixed and tangible assets to figure out the new BV amidst this chaos...
I was asking from a stock market perspective... post record date the stockprice prices in the dividend... been happening with all PSUs every year declining... but what happens in such extreme situations like majesco, was my academic query...

Dr. Jan Itor

Even exchanges are confused on negative pricing and are approaching SEBI... one possible suggestion is price discovery by market forces... there is an article in todays ET about this unprecedented situation...

Hi I bought 10 Majesco share on 15 th december.
Yesterday and today Majesco is trading between 11 to 12 Rs.
I bought each share at 980 Rs.
What happened to value of the share? is it wiped out?
or still the value of the share is at 980?

Hi I bought 10 Majesco share on 15 th december.
Yesterday and today Majesco is trading between 11 to 12 Rs.
I bought each share at 980 Rs.
What happened to value of the share? is it wiped out?
or still the value of the share is at 980?
Don't worry you will get dividend of 974/share PLUS you can sell share on exchange