Magic of ADX

U

uasish

If the Entry trigger is (n=1) signalled today in EOD then next day close ;
Exit trigger if in today EOD RSI(21) > 60 then next day open;
all these were given to you in the earlier post.

beginner_av

i thought that it was a big thread on ADX. doesn't seem anymore.
anyway why RSI < 35 and why ADX when RSI is < 35? What is the period of data used? I am not here to discuss systems, but my 2 cents.
check out RSI values of particular instruments. Where are they located?

Rest is CV's A = X + Y + Z. and I am talking about the Z.

Regards

U

uasish

Rajak1981,
In your LECTURE (as you yourself described in your 1st post) on ADX, with lots of qoutes,
it was presumed in case of counter trend entry ADX ,may improve performances.
All of us who are trading ,has in different phase of learning dissected most of the indicators,
it's construction & if used what we can expect from that indicator.For this our main book is
100's of charts.One who has done these excersises,most of our members have done that,
are aware of ADX & use that as per their need.
My this post was directed ,so you yourself find out whether ,even in case of counter trend
entry ,whether ADX actually improves ? (As you mentioned in your earlier post)
http://www.traderji.com/95530-post28.html
Your this post
http://www.traderji.com/95520-post27.html ; shows you still believe ADX (as filter)
can improve ,infact you have also posted the results ,showing ADX improved performance.

Unfortunately in your 1st post you have expressed that ADX is not significant & when Dev
presented a system,which he believed in ,you have weaven Logics to discard it.
Over an above when 'Traderji' advised to go thru "Chuck LeBeau 's works ,this was your
response ........"As for chuck lebeau don't have the book , no idea what he presents, will
look into it when I find the book. If anyone has the book? Send me a link..."

I appreciated the Logical presentation,and was waiting for you to find out whether at all
incorporating ADX it improves ? Your this post says ADX actually improved
http://www.traderji.com/95478-post20.html

Now your this post
http://www.traderji.com/95875-post39.html , has rang an alarm bell in me & instigated
me to point out ,Raja,your knowledge is appreciated but you are yet to test the original
System posted by Dev ,as now you know ADX has a role .We wanted to see that simmulation
report.
For your information Mr Rajat Bose (CNBC Analyst,though i dislike CNBC ) has developed
& have few PATH Breaking contibution ,(internationally acclaimed ) on ADX.
Mr Chuck LeBeau is a living reference book to System Traders of the world,as it is not in any book
then see what happens:
Now here your this post ,where you say ,without even testing that you know & 90%
sure ADX will improve as becoz it is written in a book.
http://www.traderji.com/95520-post27.html
Hence Raja,your knowledge is not only apreciable but envious but we are all traders Mkt is
our best book,hope you understand ,your mentioning of 'Efficient Mkt' & even elaborating it!!
We want good ppl around us so we develop,this applies both for you & me.
Asish

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uasish

The difference i find is
1)Your objective is to Sell a system;
2)My objective is to earn by a system;
Rather i will jealouslely protect my system becoz may be i am not so gifted by abundance or do not want others to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

beginner_av

ha ha ha ha. cant stop laughing! "elder > deb" and conveniently "raja + weissman" both worked together in the same lab!
nice to see so many gurus here. my god TA is happening. if you cant build Reverse Engineer like the clock wallahs in Delhi's galli bazaar.

a very very rudimentary ADX system report that may not come fractionally even close to the great gurus here. but remember everything works if you know how to use them and yes there is nothing magical in anything.

PS - oh forgot to mention - this is not a bull run wonder. This is a test result from 1 jan 1994 onwards. there are many such results but as Asish da said I am not gifted with such abundance too, and neither do I sell to make a living.

Attachments

SavantGarde

ha ha ha ha. cant stop laughing! "elder > deb" and conveniently "raja + weissman" both worked together in the same lab!
nice to see so many gurus here. my god TA is happening. if you cant build Reverse Engineer like the clock wallahs in Delhi's galli bazaar.

a very very rudimentary ADX system report that may not come fractionally even close to the great gurus here. but remember everything works if you know how to use them and yes there is nothing magical in anything.

PS - oh forgot to mention - this is not a bull run wonder. This is a test result from 1 jan 1994 onwards. there are many such results but as Asish da said I am not gifted with such abundance too, and neither do I sell to make a living.
Hi BAV,

Something To Complement What You....Said

"It Is Not What You Trade, But How You Trade"

Can't Remember Who Said...it....Sounds Like BAV...Hehehehehe

With Great Regards To Musketeer

SavantGarde

beginner_av

Hi BAV,

Something To Complement What You....Said

"It Is Not What You Trade, But How You Trade"

Can't Remember Who Said...it....Sounds Like BAV...Hehehehehe

With Great Regards To Musketeer

SavantGarde
Hi Savant,

Thanks for your kind remarks. You know the system that I used to test is very rudimentary - it just looks for a rising ADX above a certain level ...THATS ALL. But why the difference between the two results on the same system and instrument (The second is > first). Its all in the Exit with MM. One is fixed and the other is volatility based!

Thanks to the real Musketeer CV for guiding me in this direction through Stridsman et al.