MACD And Stochastic: A Double-Cross Strategy

Mr.G

I am basically been a long time fundamental investor, I was impressed by the boarders here in this forum and have decided to allocate 10% of my portfolio to swing trading. After long research and my limited knowledge of technical analysis, I have chosen a MACD And Stochastic strategy. I will be posting the paper traders I make in this strategy here. And please can every one give me their opinions about it.

Stoch is Slow Full with %K(14,4) %D(4)
MACD (5,26,9)

We bullish crossovers to occur within two days of each other. Keep in mind that when applying the stochastic and MACD double-cross strategy, ideally the crossover occurs below the 50- line on the stochastic to catch a longer price move. And preferably, you want the histogram value to be or move higher than zero within two days of placing your trade.

Also that the MACD must cross slightly after the stochastic. And I will choose stocks trending above their 200 MA.

This is my first real try in technical analysis, even though I am well experienced in fundamental analysis.

DanPickUp

I am basically been a long time fundamental investor, I was impressed by the boarders here in this forum and have decided to allocate 10% of my portfolio to swing trading. After long research and my limited knowledge of technical analysis, I have chosen a MACD And Stochastic strategy. I will be posting the paper traders I make in this strategy here. And please can every one give me their opinions about it.

Stoch is Slow Full with %K(14,4) %D(4)
MACD (5,26,9)

We bullish crossovers to occur within two days of each other. Keep in mind that when applying the stochastic and MACD double-cross strategy, ideally the crossover occurs below the 50- line on the stochastic to catch a longer price move. And preferably, you want the histogram value to be or move higher than zero within two days of placing your trade.

Also that the MACD must cross slightly after the stochastic. And I will choose stocks trending above their 200 MA.

This is my first real try in technical analysis, even though I am well experienced in fundamental analysis.
@M007 now alias Mr.G

You should stop posting all over the forum to visit this thread. We have seen that you did open a new thread and so let it grow as time goes. Wish you all the best with this thread and starting with a capital of 10% for some thing you feel not at home is a good choice.

Take care and all the best / DanPickUp

Mr.G

@M007 now alias Mr.G

You should stop posting all over the forum to visit this thread. We have seen that you did open a new thread and so let it grow as time goes. Wish you all the best with this thread and starting with a capital of 10% for some thing you feel not at home is a good choice.

Take care and all the best / DanPickUp
Thank You for your kind words.

Mr.G

Long ago I got banned for abusing the **** out an extremely arrogant and irritating guy, BTW did't you know? Dan is the commissioner of the the Secret TJ Services. No one escapes his eye.

DanPickUp

Mr.G / Mastermind007 (once wrongly mentioned as Mastertrader007 which not exits)/ Short version of it is M007

But that is an old story, not important. Rather discussing past let's look forward and see the thread growing. (And that is also kindly meant for you dear Hauler and all other members)

Take care / DanPickUp

Last edited:
Long ago I got banned for abusing the **** out an extremely arrogant and irritating guy, BTW did't you know? Dan is the commissioner of the the Secret TJ Services. No one escapes his eye.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr.G / Mastermind007 (once wrongly mentioned as Mastertrader007 which not exits)/ Short version of it is M007
Take care / DanPickUp
I too suspected M007 as mastermind007
But didnt mentioned as mastermind007 is an existing member of TJ.