macd and adx .. a deadly combo ...

hi all....
i am posting a strategy which i have observed very good for intraday only...

idea behind the strategy :

macd is a powerful indicator showing trend of the market.
adx is a strength indicator of the trend.
so combining them can be a powerful strategy .

time frame : 15 mins
macd parameters : 12,26,9.
adx : 7 periods...

buy when macd gives positive crossover and adx value is more than 25. exit when you get a good move of 20-25 points..
same way short when macd gives negative cross over and adx value is above 25.

i dont know how to post charts thru imageshake.

this system can be better by modifying parameters of macd and adx..

please note that test this strategy in purely intraday as gap up gap down trades gives very big loss ... i dont recommend this as positional.

bunti_k23

price does nt depend on indicator but indicator depends on price so your 1st preference should be price then to conform ur move use indicators,by da way i use both indi s for positional and yes they are great to give you gud piece of info but my 1st preference is towards price then i confirm that with indi....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

can some seniors prepare an afl for this which we can backtest.. ??
i again post my rules as below :

1. buy when macd gives bullish signal and adx is above 25 .
2. sell when macd gives negative signal or u get decent 25 points or market is closed.
3. short when macd gives bearish signal and adx is above 25.
4. cover when macd gives bullish signal or u get decent 25 points or market is closed.

hope to hear from seniors soon.

today buy was at 6710 in future.. adx value was at 25.75 ... superb move .. i dont know how to post charts otherwise would have but those who have intraday data can check this ...

DSM

Easiest way to post is by tinypics dot com. You can copy the url or upload the saved image from your desktop.

today buy was at 6710 in future.. adx value was at 25.75 ... superb move .. i dont know how to post charts otherwise would have but those who have intraday data can check this ...

VJAY

DSM