MA vs MACD

Traderji

Super Moderator
sgkalai said:
Hi All,

I am using MA 3,13,26. What could be the correct MACD period for this MA?

Regards
ganesh
The normal or standard MACD as developed by Gerald Appel has the following as its default values: 12 26 9

For 3 13 26, I would suggest you to try out: 3 13 5 as values for the MACD indicator.

kkseal

Hi All,

I am using MA 3,13,26. What could be the correct MACD period for this MA?

Regards
ganesh
You haven't mentioned how you actually use the MA triplet. Assuming you use them in the following manner

For Long : 3 xing abv 13 with 13 abv 26
For Short : 3 xing belo 13 with 13 belo 26

AND
also keeping in mind that the MACD ought to be faster than the above MA scheme without whipsawing too much

i'd suggest 3,20,7 as the MACD period.

Also if you're using EMAs for the MACD (as in a built in formula) instead of the MAs, you can try 4,20,7 or 4,20,8 as the periods.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Reji

You haven't mentioned how you actually use the MA triplet. Assuming you use them in the following manner

For Long : 3 xing abv 13 with 13 abv 26
For Short : 3 xing belo 13 with 13 belo 26

AND
also keeping in mind that the MACD ought to be faster than the above MA scheme without whipsawing too much

i'd suggest 3,20,7 as the MACD period.

Also if you're using EMAs for the MACD (as in a built in formula) instead of the MAs, you can try 4,20,7 or 4,20,8 as the periods.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Dear Kalyan,:)

You have responded to a query raised by someone, 3 years back.:D

Have a nice day.

Reji

kkseal

Dear Kalyan,:)

You have responded to a query raised by someone, 3 years back.:D

Have a nice day.

Reji
Hell ! Poor observation.

Another reason why i shouldn't daytrade :)

I really wish Traderji includes the thread start date in the 1st column of the Active Topics page.

Regards,
Kalyan.

i want to know how we calculate stop loss for 1week trading of a share
Dear Anjan,
ur question is not clear. Normally SL depends on ur entry point.
For Technical SL you can use the nearest swing low(slightly less than that) as your SL
Last but not the least is your pocket/wallet.
you can use 2%(closing basis) of ur entry price.
Though I prefer Technical SL.

:confused::D:confused:

A

amarnath

Dear Anjan,
ur question is not clear. Normally SL depends on ur entry point.
For Technical SL you can use the nearest swing low(slightly less than that) as your SL
Last but not the least is your pocket/wallet.
you can use 2%(closing basis) of ur entry price.
Though I prefer Technical SL.

:confused::D:confused:

Stop loss is not academic and its left to degree of risk appetiate not just simple TA

Stop loss is not academic and its left to degree of risk appetiate not just simple TA
Amarnath,
Firstly I must tell u that TA is not simple atall to me though I am learning it everyday during last 7-8 years.
Secondly i have already mentioned that u should look at ur pocket first and if it permits u can use "SIMPLE TA" to make it more scientific but not academic.
Have a great Trade.
:)