And forged ahead,
Success to earn.

He plodded on with
Faith and pluck;
And when he won,
Men called it luck. --Anonymous

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Very nice,nkpanjiyar.........think it was Thomas Jefferson who said,"I am a great believer in luck,and I find the harder I work,I have more of it."

Keep em coming,my friend........always a pleasure to read your posts.

Saint

karthikmarar

nkpanjiyar.........That is a nice one...

I remember Amit telling Dr.Saint that the forum sounded like docterji.com (when the virus struck).....Now the forum sounds like poetji.com ... :D

Anyway...my poetic friends, keep them coming ...All these make this forum so unique...Thankyou guys

warm regards
karthik

saint said:
Very nice,nkpanjiyar.........think it was Thomas Jefferson who said,"I am a great believer in luck,and I find the harder I work,I have more of it."

Keep em coming,my friend........always a pleasure to read your posts.

Saint
Thanks Saint for kind words.

karthikmarar said:
nkpanjiyar.........That is a nice one...

I remember Amit telling Dr.Saint that the forum sounded like docterji.com (when the virus struck).....Now the forum sounds like poetji.com ... :D

Anyway...my poetic friends, keep them coming ...All these make this forum so unique...Thankyou guys

warm regards
karthik
Thanks karthik for kind words.

nkpanjiyar said:
He worked by day
And toiled by night......

.......Men called it luck. --Anonymous

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Truly, we of this forum are a lucky lot to be showered with such pearls of wisdom comprising poetry, prose, TA etc., etc....& what not. :)

As Robert Frost said..... "As it is more blessed to give than receive, so it must be more blessed to receive than to give back".

sh50

The poem and what Mr Jefferson said is one version of luck. There is another version also.

One has to keep doing Karma. When luck favors you, you may really have a windfall and when luck derserts you you could be in a royal mess. In Jain philosophy this is called Purushartha and Prarabhdh. Mr Bachchan also said in Kaun Banega karodpati " Bhagya me likha hai woh milega par karm karna padega"

I have read four bowlers saying," Sometimes we bowl very well and we get no wickets and sometimes we bowl shabbily but have a windfall"

I have heard several business people talk like this. It should apply even more in the stock market. The most intelligent trader I have come across(takes positions upto 15000 shares and very good at technicals) has also learnt astrology specially to improve his chances. So luck in the true sense of the term also has some meaning and luck is when preparation and opportunity meet as revealed by the poem is also true.

sh50 said:
The poem and what Mr Jefferson said is one version of luck. There is another version also.

One has to keep doing Karma. When luck favors you, you may really have a windfall and when luck derserts you you could be in a royal mess. In Jain philosophy this is called Purushartha and Prarabhdh. Mr Bachchan also said in Kaun Banega karodpati " Bhagya me likha hai woh milega par karm karna padega"

I have read four bowlers saying," Sometimes we bowl very well and we get no wickets and sometimes we bowl shabbily but have a windfall"

I have heard several business people talk like this. It should apply even more in the stock market. The most intelligent trader I have come across(takes positions upto 15000 shares and very good at technicals) has also learnt astrology specially to improve his chances. So luck in the true sense of the term also has some meaning and luck is when preparation and opportunity meet as revealed by the poem is also true.
Very rightly said my friend. A lovely perspective of luck indeed. I trust you to come up with gems like this. :)

There's no end to what can be written or quoted about LUCK & coping with it's vagaries but here's one (card-sharks notwithstanding) based on an old Country 'n Western song; very apt & very relevant to us who dabble in the markets.....

The Gambler

On a warm summer's evenin',
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler.
We were both too tired to sleep.
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness.
When boredom overtook us,
He began to speak.

He said, Son, I've made my life
Out of readin' people's faces.
Knowin' what the cards were