luck based trading

The Pig

Repeating mistakes ...yes ..thats why i strongly believe its something to do with personality or physiology....strong beliefs which are strongly formed during our early childhood days...
I do believe whatever you have said, some people can easily overcome their childhood beliefs and do whatever they want. I have been a person who can’t decide, always in dilemma. That I can see in my trade too.

primitivetrader

I do believe whatever you have said, some people can easily overcome their childhood beliefs and do whatever they want. I have been a person who can’t decide, always in dilemma. That I can see in my trade too.
this all is overrated stuff .what happened in your childhood etc etc has no bearing on you and what you are doing today in trading. the more you get into such stuff or freudian psychology the more you will make it difficult for yourself to be successful in trading.

whatever is happening to you in trading is what you wanted to happen plain and simple. you have plan and if you are not following it that means you dont want to follow it (there is no other reason i see that we are ok with losses but dont want to follow a simple plan to make profits in traidng ). it has nothing to do with your childhood beliefs. i dont want to dig such thing more as it become lengthy discussions BUT.....

if you or anybody else want to give so much emphasis on psychology read and study Adlerian psychology (chances are you or most of the ppl are not even aware of this) , wonderful stuff and practical. apply its, very easy and enjoyable .

Just to summarize my write ups here about this thread
1. started trading around 2005 ..from 2005 to 2014 lost nearly 50 lakhs and by 2014 recovered completely ( just in two months)
lesson learned : .. Allowed my profit trade to run .
2 . again losses keep growing and in 2016 when it is around 60/70 lakhs again recovered all in 2016 June with a single clue that June low to july max is always 8 to 10% . ( Note that clue failed in 2019 after 24 years of data )
3. in 2015 lost job too and my losses keep growing and sold some lands etc and and in 2018 end the loss was more that 150 lakhs.
wish me to recover all losses this time too like before two instant ..

marimuthu13

Just to summarize my write ups here about this thread
1. started trading around 2005 ..from 2005 to 2014 lost nearly 50 lakhs and by 2014 recovered completely ( just in two months)
lesson learned : .. Allowed my profit trade to run .
2 . again losses keep growing and in 2016 when it is around 60/70 lakhs again recovered all in 2016 June with a single clue that June low to july max is always 8 to 10% . ( Note that clue failed in 2019 after 24 years of data )
3. in 2015 lost job too and my losses keep growing and sold some lands etc and and in 2018 end the loss was more that 150 lakhs.
wish me to recover all losses this time too like before two instant ..
If you recover 150 lakhs ( as you did in the past 2 -3 times), after that please stop trading..

If you recover 150 lakhs ( as you did in the past 2 -3 times), after that please stop trading..
in past two instant the recovery made very quickly ( first time in three months time and next time in single month ) and that too based on a clue /luck etc.

this time if recovery happened same like before.. yes .. i need to stop trading as suggested by you .
in case if recovered slowly and steadily then case will be different altogether ..

SarangSood

in past two instant the recovery made very quickly ( first time in three months time and next time in single month ) and that too based on a clue /luck etc.

this time if recovery happened same like before.. yes .. i need to stop trading as suggested by you .
in case if recovered slowly and steadily then case will be different altogether ..
Famous operator Jesse Livermore recovered many times after losing his fortune only to remain bankrupt at the end. The speed at which you have recovered your losses in the past means there was heavy risk involved which could have largely increased your loss. Such big ups and downs raise havoc in our minds. Main aim should be to acquire knowledge which gives peace, calmness and stability in our trading. Result is a byproduct of these emotions.

Famous operator Jesse Livermore recovered many times after losing his fortune only to remain bankrupt at the end. The speed at which you have recovered your losses in the past means there was heavy risk involved which could have largely increased your loss. Such big ups and downs raise havoc in our minds. Main aim should be to acquire knowledge which gives peace, calmness and stability in our trading. Result is a byproduct of these emotions.
Fully agreed with u

IF any one have good mechanical trading system ( excel based .. built based on past data not on live data ) for day trading kindly share .Pls PM me if u wish and i dont mind paying to u . Moderator. kindly delete this post if against rules .
note : kindly dont advise saying emotion is main not the system etc .. since i won that part.