Lovely Chit Chats

Blackhole

He Rode On A Cycle From India To Sweden To See His Wife!

The story of Dr. Pradyumna Kumar Mahanandia and Charlotte Von Schedvin looks like every a Bollywood potboiler, except it’s real. In this cruel world of instant makeout and instant breakups, this love story will reinstate hope in true and selfless love.

Pradyumna Kumar was born in a poor family in Orissa, which supported themselves by weaving clothes. Pradyumna did not let his poor financial condition come between his love for art and education. In 1971, he joined the College of Art in New Delhi and became a renowned artist who made stunning portraits.

His popularity reached Sweden, and a 19-year-old Swedish student decided to come to India to get a portrait done from him. While making her portrait, Pradyuman fell in love with the beautiful Charlotte Von Sledvin. Charlotte too, saw the goodness in the artist and fell in love with him instantly.

They got married according to the traditional rituals and Charlotte then became Charulata after marriage. However, marital bliss was short-lived as Charlotte had to go back to Sweden. She asked Pradyuman to move to Sweden with her, but that was impossible for him because his studies were still on. He promised to come to meet her and refused the air tickets which his wife was buying for him.

Pradyuman then decided to cycle all the way to Sweden to meet his wife! Yes, that was possible a few decades ago. It took him 5 months to ride all the way to Sweden and meet his wife. The Swedish officials were spellbound to see the man who rode all the way from India.

Today Pradyuman is Odiya Cultural Ambassador of India to Sweden and lives with his wife Charlotte and two children in Sweden. The two have completed 40 years of happily married life! This story might turn into a movie soon, as director Sanjay Leela Bansali is planning to take up this story for his next film.

Source : news / indiatimes / logical indian

Blackhole

Mom-Don't cry !!

Hiding under the bed he heard his mother weeping. Frantically he kissed her and hugged her tight. Next day he wore his superman costume and stood at their home entrance whole day. Mother went searching and asked the reason but he didn't admit to anything. He heard her grieving again. Hugged and kissed her again, took his toy gun and stood at the gateway.

When he heard her sobbing again he asked who was making her cry. With tears in his eyes he said that he couldn't see her misery, "I will fight anybone who makes you cry mumma!" he exclaimed. She hugged him and told him that she was missing his dad.

Next day the 6 years old was dressed in the army uniform. His father served the nation (soldier).

----source : net q u o r a

Blackhole

*** repeat post

Source : Firsttoknow . c o m

The Inspirational Story of the Legless Basketball Girl
August 7, 2015

By Jeffrey Rindskopf

She lost both her legs in a horrific car accident in 2000, when she was only four years old. Growing up in a rural area of China’s southwestern Yunnan province, prosthetic legs weren’t so easy to come across. Thus, Qian Hongyan and her family had to improvise.

So Hongyan learned to walk with her hands, using a basketball cut in half to steady herself. She soon became known locally as “Basketball Girl.”

In 2005, she started getting attention from the Chinese press, and soon she traveled to Beijing to be fitted with new artificial legs, entirely free of charge, at the China Rehabilitation Research Center, which has been providing help to disabled residents of China for more than 20 years.

After receiving her new legs, she could no longer attend a normal school along with her peers to complete her education, but she found alternatives. She even joined the nation’s first swimming club for the disabled, sponsored by the Yunnan Provincial Federation of the Disabled.

She found it difficult at first, but thanks to plenty of hard work and effort, she mastered the sport despite her disabilities, and now trains for four hours a day. She hopes one day to win a medal for her country in the Paralympic Games.

Hongyan has become a celebrity in China, news of her progress and prosthetics making national programs, and now, her story is receiving attention all across the globe.

This week, she went back to the China Rehabilitation Research Center to receive her adult-sized prosthetic limbs at the age of 18.

We’ve compiled some photos of Hongyan’s progress from being simply the young legless basketball girl to a full grown woman and world class swimmer, courtesy of Business Insider.

Blackhole

repeat post

Here are some famous quotes adapted to trading.

1) A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein

.......A trader should look at a chart for what it is, and not for what he want it
to be.

2) A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

.....A trader who has never lost, is not a trader yet.

3) All men by nature desire knowledge.
Aristotle

...All traders by nature desire ways to find profitable trades.

4) Bring your desires down to your present means. Increase them only when your increased means permit.
Aristotle

...........Trade within your ability and risk tolerance. Increase size and frequency when ability and tolerance permits it

5) The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.
Michael Jordan

...............If you do not respect the market it will not respect you.

Blackhole

T h E sOLUtIoN

6 general managers of a company heading finance, hr, operations, quality, sales and r&d
were taken to a remote resort by executive director for a weekend brain storming workshop to find ways to reverse the sinking fortunes of the company.

they checked-in the resort on saturday evening.the director knew that he had to positively sort out the issues before the annual share-holders' meet. he had just two days to know the root cause of the slide despite the booming industry and flourishing competition!

next morning

after a sumptuous breakfast they locked inside the room for the billion-dollar answer!
the door opened twice for lunch and supper but window to the solution remained tightly shut!

early next morning

the director asked for a cup of plain black coffee in his room!

the waiter knocked at the door

and went in with the cup of freshly brewed hot coffee!

"can i have something for the headache!"

the director asked the waiter!

"surely, sir....... take an.........advice!" replied the bold waiter!

"what?" replied the visibly surprised director. "sack all the gm's except the r&d guy. this will save your company" the director was speechless!
he remained silent for a few moments and then asked

"why do you say that?"

"last evening when i went to deliver his luggage,

the hr guy didn't bother to thank me!

the quality guy had thrown the cigarette buts in the lawn after smoking
the operations guy had his room all cluttered
the finance guy had left the ordered items in his lavish dinner unconsumed

the sales guy was using the rival brand!"

the director was shocked to hear all that !! and from whom!!!
"and why should i spare the r&d general manager?"

"because he has been asking me the recipe of every dish i am serving him!"

********** repeat post

Blackhole

All u might Have heard about her on News/ Tele series.

Sou. Sindhutai Sapkal also known as Mother of Orphans is an Indian social worker and social activist known particularly for her work for raising orphan children.

Personal life: Sindhutai Sapkal was born on 14 November 1948 at Wardha in Maharashtra. She could attend school only until 4th grade, attended part-time due to other family responsibilities. She was brought up in abject poverty. Got married at the age of 10 to a 32 year man. She lived a normal and tough life at her in law's place and gave birth to three sons by the time she turned 20. She put up a successful agitation against a local strongman who was fleecing the villagers on collection of dried cow dung used as fuel in India and selling it in collusion with forest department, without paying anything to the villagers. Her agitation brought the district collector to her village and on realizing she was right he passed an order which the strongman did not like. Stung by the insult at the hands of a poor woman, he managed to convince her husband to abandon her when she was beyond 9 months of her pregnancy. She gave birth to a baby girl in a cow shelter outside their house that night,all by herself and walked few kilometers away to her mother's place, who refused to shelter her. She had to set aside the thought of suicide and started begging on railway platforms for food. In the process she realized that there are so many children abandoned by their parents and she adopted them as her own and started begging even more vigorously to feed them. She decided to become a mother to anyone and everyone who came across to her as an orphan.
She later donated her biological child to the trust Shrimant Dagdu Sheth Halwai, Pune, only to eliminate the feeling of partiality between her daughter and the adopted ones.
She is fondly called ‘Mai’.She has devoted her entire life for orphans. She has nurtured over 1050 orphaned children. As of today, she has a grand family of 207 son-in-laws, 36 daughter-in-laws and over 1000 grandchildren. Still she continues to fight for the next meal. Many of the children whom she adopted are well-educated lawyers and doctors, and some, including her biological daughter, are running their own independent orphanages. One of her children is doing a Ph.D. on her life. She has been honoured with over 272 awards for her dedication and work including 2010 - Ahilyabai Holkar Award, given by the Maharashtra State Government to social workers in the field of woman and child welfare. She used all that money to buy land to make a home for her orphan children. Construction has started and she is still looking for more help from the world. Sanmati Bal Niketan is being built in Manjari locality at Hadapsar, Pune where over 300 children will reside. There is lot of work to be done for making sure a good living condition but also to secure their future by providing quality education as well. A marathi film 'Mee Sindhutai Sapkal' released in 2010, is a bio-pic inspired by the true story of Sindhutai Sapkal. The film was selected for world premiere at the 54th London Film Festival. She is a great orator and She has orphanages & trust operating in western state of Maharashtra.

At the age of 80, her husband came back to her apologetically. She accepted him as her child stating she is only a mother now! If you visit her ashram, she proudly and very affectionately introduces him as her oldest child! In person, she comes across as an unlimited source of energy and very powerful inspiration, with absolutely no negative emotions or blaming anybody.

Awards: Total 273 awards

2012 Real Heroes Awards,given by CNN-IBN & Reliance Foundation present the 5th Edition of the progressive & prestigious Awards.

COEP Gaurav Purskar, given by College Of Engineering, Pune (started from 2012).

2010 - Ahilyabai Holkar Award, given by the Government of Maharashtra to social workers in the field of woman and child welfare [2]
2008 - Woman of the Year Award, given by daily marathi newspaper Loksatta
Sahyadri Hirkani Award
Rajai Award
Shivlila Mahila Gourav Award
Dattak Mata Puraskar - 1996 - Given by Non Profit Organization - By Sunita Kalaniketan Trust (In the memories of - Late Sunita Trimbak Kulkarni ), Tal - Shrirampur Dist Ahmednagar. Maharashtra Pune.

** above article focuses more on awards but in single line....i would say she was mother(illetrate) to many engineers,docters, and many educated people serving our nation...and all share the same last name SAPKAL...Her source of income and power Begging, goodness kindness love care share inspire motivate.

SOURCE : Q U O R A / india times / lokmat / news articles /tv /
repeat post

Blackhole

.........Have read in many books/blogs ....author Unknown

Management LeSSon

A little bird was flying south for the Winter.It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was.

The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate.

Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of this story

*Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.

* Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.

*And when you're in deep ****, it's best to keep your mouth shut!
--------------------------

wisp

The widow of a bachelor:

The stories of Heer-Ranjha, Laila-Majnu have always been considered the epitome of love. The love stories of our own times are rarely ever given attention, except as newspaper reports of tragic deaths. But the story of Kanchanamala and Moideen, a couple from northern Kerala has now become a part of popular culture with the massive success of RS Vimal’s film ‘Ennu Ninte Moideen’, starring Prithviraj and Parvathy.

With the permission of The Open magazine, The News Minute is reproducing KA Shaji’s story on the couple titled “The Widow of a bachelor” on the love, hope, despair and tragedy in the couple’s lives.

(The story was published in 2009 when Kanchanamala was 69 years old).

Sixty nine-year-old Kanchana Kottangal has ignored the river for 27 years. It hasn’t been easy. Mukkom, Kanchana’s hometown in the north Kerala district of Kozhikode, thrives on the banks of the river Iruvanji. The wooden canoes that ply the Iruvanji connect Mukkom with the rest of the district, some even prospect the river for gold.

But these waters that flow westward to the Arabian Sea remind her of lost love. Society and family are not uncommon villains, but for Kanchana, it was the Iruvanji River that ensured she and the man she loved would never have a happy ending.

About 55 years ago, Kanchana and BP Moideen were among the many teenagers from Mukkom who travelled in a canoe across the Iruvanji to catch a bus that would take them to school in Kozhikode, the closest city. She was the daughter of a Hindu landlord, he the son of a prominent Muslim planter. They were childhood friends, who studied in the same school, grew up playing and studying together. The two families went back a long way. And as the two children grew out of school uniforms and joined college, they fell in love against the backdrop of the conspiring Iruvanji.

“In the beginning it was just friendship. He used to lend me books, mainly novels and poems. Once he gave me a collection of poems by a Malayalam romantic poet, and I found sentences expressing love and romance were underlined,” says Kanchana. “He simply smiled when I asked about it. But very soon I started getting poetic love letters along with the books.” Kanchana had no cause to question Moideen’s sincerity or how much he cared about her, so it never crossed her mind to turn him down either.

“It was about a year later that my mother noticed a letter from Moideen while cleaning my bookshelf. All hell broke loose once both families came to know about the affair,” she says. Despite the long-standing friendship between the two families, in the ultra-conservative Kerala of the 1950s, there was no question of the possibility of an inter-faith marriage. The families broke all links with each other. The life sentences of the two lovers began soon after.

Kanchana was forced to discontinue her studies and, she says, put under “house arrest”. Moideen was thrown out of his home for refusing to marry a girl his family chose. Under pressure from community leaders, his father cut him out of his will and denied him a share in the family property, even tried to kill him. “His father shot Moideen using a country gun when he tried to forcibly barge into the house. But Moideen had a miraculous escape even though he sustained multiple serious injuries. On another occasion, his father stabbed him 22 times for giving a critical speech in public but Moideen survived again,’’ says Kanchana. Remorseful after the second attack, his father relented to giving him a share of the family property, but never allowed him to enter the parental home or meet his mother.

“Moideen was a multi-faceted personality. Apart from being a known short story writer, he was a footballer, swimmer, political activist and painter,” says Kanchana. But she never saw him do any of those things.

Separated and chaperoned all the time, it was impossible for the two to talk, let alone meet without being found out. Soon after their confinement, they worked out a system of communication. They wrote each other letters in an encoded language, and sent them through trusted servants and farm hands.

“It was I who developed the language in my free time at home using the Malayalam alphabet. The vocabulary was created by misspelling common words. With the help of supportive servants at home and on the estate, I sent him basic concepts of the code language,” she says. “It was a Herculean task to ensure that a letter would safely reach the other’s hands. For 10 years, they hardly managed to even get a glimpse of each other. “I saw him once while travelling in the village canoe. He spoke a few words to me. (The first time in 10 years),’’ Kanchana says.

At one point, they decided to elope. But concern for their families stopped them. “Mine was a joint family with too many members. Elders told me to avoid that path as the infamy would affect the marriage prospects of my unmarried sister. In his case, his father died and it became his responsibility to look after the rest of the family,’’ she says.

Eventually, her confinement lasted exactly 25 years, till a time when it became entirely unnecessary to keep one apart from the other—when Moideen died in the Iruvanji.

During the monsoon season of 1982, she was 41 and he 44. One rain-drenched evening, Kanchana, like everyone else in Mukkom, heard about the tragic canoe accident in which the craft overturned in the river, and a person who had saved several passengers drowned in the whirls of the river. It took three days to fish out the body and identify it as the remains of Moideen.

Kanchana didn’t get to see his body, there was no one to accompany her to his house, and the decomposed body was buried in a hurry. Following his death, she tried to commit suicide six times. After the last attempt, she was admitted to a local hospital, where she again tried to end her life. A fortnight after Moideen’s death, Kanchana had an unexpected visitor: Moideen’s mother. She told Kanchana that if she didn’t wish to marry anyone else then Kanchana should live as her son’s widow. Kanchana moved into Moideen’s house with his mother.

Before her death a few years later, his mother willed all of Moideen’s properties to Kanchana so she could continue some of the social service work Moideen had begun.

Just before his death, Moideen had set up a village centre to empower destitute women. Kanchana now runs the institution and its library, which contains many of Moideen’s books. Under the banner of BP Moideen Seva Mandir, the charitable organisation named after him, Kanchana also runs a homeless shelter, a family counselling centre and a blood donors’ network. She also runs a centre that provides children swimming classes for free. A state-level award for bravery was also instituted in memory of Moideen. “I am happy now because youngsters in this region are able to swim across the river even during heavy monsoon. This is my biggest achievement and tribute to Moideen.”

The lovers in real life and the actors who portrayed the characters

But it isn’t easy to flee the reminders of the losses in her life. Kanchana’s office is in the village bazaar, a stone’s throw away from the mighty Iruvanji. “In the last 27 years, neither have I used a canoe nor gone to the spot from where Moideen swam across the river to reach the accident spot. I prefer to travel by road,” says Kanchana.

This October, months after the monsoon had receded, the Iruvanji still looked ferocious. The operator of a canoe gingerly manoeuvred his tiny craft with four village elders in it. The four old gentlemen were on their way back from the city after submitting a memorandum to the district collector. They demanded that the proposed bridge over the Iruvanji be named BP Moideen, Mukkom’s most illustrious son.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/widow-bachelor-eternal-story-kanchana-and-moideen-34625

Blackhole

Sunitha Krishnan:
[Fighting The Scourge Of Human Trafficking]

A victim of gang rape herself, Sunitha Krishnan has risen from the ashes to rescue others from trafficking. The tasks she has on hand are just too enormous. Her organization has been instrumental in rescuing and rehabilitating thousands of women and children.She has a blog titled “Sunitha Krishnan: Anti-Trafficking Crusader” where she recounts her experiences of rescue. Actually, her blog is not an easy read. It is very difficult to read about small girls (as young as four year old) being raped by fathers, uncles, brothers, cousins and neighbours. Her blog posts can just shame us all out of our peaceful existence. The least we can do is spread awareness about the scourge of trafficking.

We are a very proud nation, boasting of our glorious past and our current status of being an ‘economic giant’. But we seem to brush under the carpet the sins committed by us. Trafficking is increasing at an alarming rate and no one is spared. Girls are brought in from Nepal and sold to brothels all across our nation. The alarming part is that people who are involved in all this are the ones who are trusted by victims.The condition of the victims is worse than that of slaves! The victims are subjected to the worst form of sexual abuse often accompanied by violence. It leaves the victims emotionally as also physically brutalised. The victims have to keep catering to many clients and end up with HIV/AIDS. Then, they are just discarded as they are now useless and cannot bring in any returns for their owners.

Sunitha’s organization ‘Prajwala’ has been rehabilitating the victims after rescuing them. Shelters have been built and a factory has been opened where skills like carpentry, welding, etc. are taught to the girls. Prajwala also tries to unite the victims with their families. Sometimes, the victims are not accepted back by the families owing to the backwardness of our views on women. At such times, Prajwala takes full responsibility of these victims. Some women and girls are also married off by Prajwala in its endeavour to integrate the victims back into society. Prajwala also takes care of the last rites of the victims who pass away. In all these tasks, Prajwala faces stiff opposition from our society.Prajwala works with police and other law enforcement agencies in this job of fighting commercial sexual expolitation. The organization never seeks publicity for the rescue of the girls, letting its work speak for itself.

Prajwala and Sunitha have won many awards for their exemplary work. They are now sought after the world over by programs for rescue and rehabilitation of victims of trafficking. Even State governments are listening to Prajwala and Sunitha in effecting measures for the prevention of trafficking. All this will surely help in minimising this crime.

Sunitha has said time and again that the silence of the society towards human trafficking has to change. Let us become aware and appreciate Prajwala.

One can become a follower by joining Sunitha Krishnan’s blog, or ‘Like’ Prajwala on facebook to get updates on their work.

Also read about Sonali Mukherjee who survived a devastating acid attack to now fight violence against women.

Vasudha Rao is a wannabe lawyer who worked in a PSU for nearly 16 years before calling it quits. She is presently a home maker, an avid blogger, an upcoming baker and a book worm! She stays in Mumbai.

Read her blog: http://sunithakrishnan.blogspot.in/

#Respect #WomenPower #HumanTrafficking #Salutes