Looking to start an investment portfolio

I am looking to start an investment portfolio with around Rs.1000 of my savings going into the stock market and was wondering how I would go about doing this.

Hi there! If you are a first time investor then I would suggest you to go with Systematic Investment Plan. SIP helps you to save your monthly income on a regular basis. After that, you can utilize the same amount into various schemes of mutual funds, understanding the expected returns, risk, assets allocation etc. If you invest on regular basis i.e. through SIP route, it will give you better returns in long term compared to investing lump sum amount in any mutual fund schemes. You can also checkout with Reliance Mutual Fund - Equity Opportunities (Growth) plan, SBI Magnum Global (Growth) and Franklin India Prima (Growth) and see which is the best option to go for as per you investment plan.

Hello guys! I would like to advise you to enter into the investment world after doing good home work. You must have the profound knowledge of the market and a good strategy to tackle with the market. I would like to wish you best of the luck as well. Thanks

I know that many people of this forum will fringe over your investment amount but there is nothing to worry about. I will advise you to learn as much as you can about the type of investment you want to do. There are greater risks involved with any sort of investments.

I am not sure what can be really done with that amount, yes, so please try to make it more real, like at least 10 times or so then get back and see for options - more will be avaliable to you anyway. I do realise it's something we should all do, for now - fixed deposit.

Seriously I am not that sure it will be possible with that amounts here, I am simply don't get it, it's very very low for example for many many reasons. So let's do something like that with all matters lately. How can we go on with such ? Not sure.