Looking for Commodities DataFeeds!!

A

amarnath

Though this is not applicable to Indian Commodities exchange and for products such as Urad, the prices of crude, gold , silver , soybeans and other popularly traded commodities are more or less same across the world ( or at least have a high correlation) and traders with longer time frames such as weeks would find this testing software extremely useful.

This is a software company founded by one of the original turtles ( Curtis Faith ) to develop and back test trading systems including commodities and Forex.

It is somewhat expensive ( one time fees of 2000 to 3000$ + monthly data feed price) , but as they say, you get what you pay for.

http://www.tradingblox.com/tradingblox/editionmatrix.htm

Adding this as well:
Trading commodities in the international markets is easy with InteractiveBrokers, you can choose to trade in a liquid commodities exchange and will actually end up paying less in commissions and slippages. There are mini contracts available for Crude, Gold, Soybeans , Corn etc as well.

But trading international commodity is illegal as per FMC norms, so avoid trading using overseas exchanges on commodities even for arbitrage trading or hedging over night risk

A

amarnath

Hello,

I have few doubts:

http://www.saitcapital.com/charting.htm is inaccessable.

- Can you please tell me if the Commodity market in India is 24 hour market?

- Which international exchange does MCX and NCDEX immitate?

- Does the commodity opens up in gap sometime?

- Can anyone please refer me cheap EOD data for commodity?

Thanks,
yes it is inaccessable

On Indian commodities you cant trade on 24 hrs basis, Gold , silver immitate COMEX futures and Crude oil and Natural gas innitate NYMEX futures, and on agri i am not sure but check eCBOT and NCDEX futures for correlation and take it as u r own home work effort to find it :)

yes it open gap

Try amibroker along EOD data avaliable on MCX site

But trading international commodity is illegal as per FMC norms, so avoid trading using overseas exchanges on commodities even for arbitrage trading or hedging over night risk
I do not live in India and I was not aware of the laws. However, tradingblox could still be used for widely traded commodities for traders with longer timeframes since prices are highly correlated.

Last edited: