Looking for a mentor in option trading

oldtrader

Here are the details

Dilip Shaw is asking to close the strategy 1 opened on the eve of RBI event. Well the strategy was getting 534 Rs at the end of 13-04-2016, which comes to 0.76% , and look what he says :

"If there is a small profit of even 2% – exit and book the profit."

This guy has a great sense of humour.

Ok lets close the condor and open a new one, Let's see how it works out.

Dilip Shaw is asking to close the strategy 1 opened on the eve of RBI event. Well the strategy was getting 534 Rs at the end of 13-04-2016, which comes to 0.76% , and look what he says :

"If there is a small profit of even 2% – exit and book the profit."

This guy has a great sense of humour.

Ok lets close the condor and open a new one, Let's see how it works out.
Mr old trader please let us know about your new position

Sent from my Micromax AQ4502 using Tapatalk

gemat

U closed with 211 profit? deducting brokerage there is no profit. but it is also mentioned that when nifty reaches 1% of short strike price stop loss has hit, close the position. but nifty is way below 8200. next resistance from chart is 7950-8000, . 8150 would be my stop loss.
and not only that yesterday volatility jumped from 16.03 to 17. premium was little high yesterday. my feeling it is going to get corrected coming days. :)

oldtrader

U closed with 211 profit? deducting brokerage there is no profit. but it is also mentioned that when nifty reaches 1% of short strike price stop loss has hit, close the position. but nifty is way below 8200. next resistance from chart is 7950-8000, . 8150 would be my stop loss.
and not only that yesterday volatility jumped from 16.03 to 17. premium was little high yesterday. my feeling it is going to get corrected coming days. :)
Hi gemat,

Neither SL was hit nor profit target reached. The condor was closed as per mail from Dilip Shaw.

gemat

but you were in a safe position by 300 points. had 8200 call strike price. unfortunate you had to close the position.
next few days could be volatile nearing expiry.