Looking for a mentor in option trading

I am very new to option trading. I have read many articles and viewed videos regarding option trading but still i am afraid of trading options because my lack of full understanding of options itself. Before putting my real money into option trading i want to carry out paper trading with NSE pathshalla. But I am not able to fully comprehend the concept of options? eg what strike price should I use for a trade. Option trading is one of the most confusing concept in the market.

example: current NIFTY is 8111 if i consider the current trend of nifty as down then i should use put buy option but what should be the strike price? 8100,7900,8000 etc
Can anyone with option trading experience will mentor me or others like me (using NSE pathshalla) to teach about option trading ?

Example (long call stragtgey): the mentor would recommend buy call option for certain contract (ACC nov ) with a strike price of x and tell us why we are using this strike price and when is the best time to square off.

I just want to learn the basics of option trading by experience from a professional trader.

amandeep86

I am very new to option trading. I have read many articles and viewed videos regarding option trading but still i am afraid of trading options because my lack of full understanding of options itself. Before putting my real money into option trading i want to carry out paper trading with NSE pathshalla. But I am not able to fully comprehend the concept of options? eg what strike price should I use for a trade. Option trading is one of the most confusing concept in the market.

Can anyone with option trading experience will mentor me or others like me (using NSE pathshalla) to teach about option trading ?

Example (long call stragtgey): the mentor would recommend buy call option for certain contract (ACC nov ) with a strike price of x and tell us why we are using this strike price and when is the best time to square off.

I just want to learn the basics of option trading by experience from a professional trader.
How much are you ready to pay to your Mentor for this service:D??

@Mutualguru

You posted: The mentor would recommend buy call option for certain contract (ACC nov ) with a strike price of x and tell us why we are using this strike price and when is the best time to square off

Now kindly read this:

No member can post trading calls, give buy/sell recommendations, post price targets or any such opinion related to the price movement of any security or an IPO listed or to be listed in any of the exchanges in India.

which you will find here: http://www.traderji.com/rules.php

So you ask for a conflict between violating forum rules and on the other side doing teaching the way you ask for.

In your example you already point into the direction of otm, atm and itm options, but you seem to not know this.

Never mind and I by my self did not even know such things when starting with options.

I would recommend you to read certain threads here to get such basic and even more advanced knowledge about options. Threads which are for studying and with the knowledge you gather you will be able to make your own decisions which options you want to choose for your trades.

Do check this option section here in which you will find many good threads about option trading.

Here just one thread with my old avatar which I not can enter any more as I changed the password, changed the e-mail and lost the password. So Sir TJ could not contact me under the safed e-mail address stored with TJ. Never mind.

http://www.traderji.com/options/66266-option-trading-danpickup.html#post639903

There are many learning threads in this section, so just take your time to find them.

Take care / Dan :)

@Mutualguru

You posted: The mentor would recommend buy call option for certain contract (ACC nov ) with a strike price of x and tell us why we are using this strike price and when is the best time to square off

Now kindly read this:

No member can post trading calls, give buy/sell recommendations, post price targets or any such opinion related to the price movement of any security or an IPO listed or to be listed in any of the exchanges in India.

which you will find here: http://www.traderji.com/rules.php

So you ask for a conflict between violating forum rules and on the other side doing teaching the way you ask for.

In your example you already point into the direction of otm, atm and itm options, but you seem to not know this.

Never mind and I by my self did not even know such things when starting with options.

I would recommend you to read certain threads here to get such basic and even more advanced knowledge about options. Threads which are for studying and with the knowledge you gather you will be able to make your own decisions which options you want to choose for your trades.

Do check this option section here in which you will find many good threads about option trading.

Here just one thread with my old avatar which I not can enter any more as I changed the password, changed the e-mail and lost the password. So Sir TJ could not contact me under the safed e-mail address stored with TJ. Never mind.

http://www.traderji.com/options/66266-option-trading-danpickup.html#post639903

There are many learning threads in this section, so just take your time to find them.

Take care / Dan :)
Thanks for the reply it helped me a lot.. If possible can you suggest any free tools for option trading in indian market

Thanks for the reply it helped me a lot.. If possible can you suggest any free tools for option trading in indian market
What about opening an account with a broker who offers option trading in India and then use the demo account as long as possible? In this way you would have all the tools for free which at least that specific broker would offer.

Alternatively check the following links which may have some interest for you:

- http://www.avasaram.com/login/subscription.jsp (Free in India)

- http://www.optioncity.net

- http://rksv.in/trading/tools/option-strategy-builder/

Have a nice coming weekend / Dan :)

Hello mutualguru etal

There is one guy Mr Dilip Shaw based in Kolkata. He runs very beautiful option course which he himself follows. It is most cost effective. His website is optioncourse. Please do google search.

I am able to generate 3% returns every month for last one quarter without any fear by following his course verbatim. I havenot encountered any other course so much relevant and practical than Dilip shaw course.

Please do give me feedback after you contact him.

Hello mutualguru etal

There is one guy Mr Dilip Shaw based in Kolkata. He runs very beautiful option course which he himself follows. It is most cost effective. His website is optioncourse. Please do google search.

I am able to generate 3% returns every month for last one quarter without any fear by following his course verbatim. I havenot encountered any other course so much relevant and practical than Dilip shaw course.

Please do give me feedback after you contact him.
Planing to take this course theoptioncourse. He is claiming that his course is contained in 15 pages pdf file. I have seen a few courses, they are just differently presented already existing price action and TA methods. But it would not be fare to judge a course even before taking it. I will sure get back here with a feedback after using the methods of Dilip Shaw. Let me see what is in store for me :)

monkeybusiness

Planing to take this course theoptioncourse. He is claiming that his course is contained in 15 pages pdf file. I have seen a few courses, they are just differently presented already existing price action and TA methods. But it would not be fare to judge a course even before taking it. I will sure get back here with a feedback after using the methods of Dilip Shaw. Let me see what is in store for me :)
Any updates?