Long term investment discussions

bashasm

To give an example, think about how you want your life to be in next 10-20-30 yrs from now. Most likely there are some of the assets one would aspire to have: Own house, sizeable FD/debt, PF fund, Insurance, Equity, emergency fund etc. These constitutes your portfolio, based on this view you need to start building your portfolio, you may not have enough capital now for all these, thats fine, start small even if you put 100 rs in each its fine, it will grow over time. Just that you need to give priority to each and make a habit of saving for the future.

Now lets just talk about the Equity part, what is the total allocation to this should be, it depends on your age and risk taking ability, if you ask me, my allocation was about 10% of my networth in equity couple of years ago, now it is abt 15%.

Within this 15% I construct the portfolio of about 70% equity and 30% debt, this debt part is separate from the FD/debt component. This 30% debt is only used for adding to equity portion when the equity part goes into drawdown.

To bring about disciple it is not required to have huge capital, even when I had some saving of even rs 1000, I will break it up into 700 and 300, 300 would go into debt fund and 700 invested in buying stocks. Stock buying and selling will following a simple long term strategy and even if I can buy only 1 share with the cash available its still a good option.

Just follow this approach with discipline and I am sure you will see the real difference over time. Best of luck!!!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge
I know I have a long way to go

MSN1979

Bhai but britannia is in downtrend from long time
At some place buyers are interested, maybe today was that place and day, Look at HDFC life it has HIT 2nd Uptter Circuit today first at 10% and second at 15%

OR FM MATA Coming with Fiscal Package, hopefully they will give relief

Last edited:

bashasm

At some place buyers are interested, maybe today was that place and day, Look at HDFC life it has HIT 2nd Uptter Circuit today first at 10% and second at 15%

OR SITA MATA Coming with Fiscal Package, hopefully they will give relief
Pardon me but please don't call her Sita.
Ram and sita are above these petty politicians

Last edited:

bashasm

Guys what do you think is the best time in a day to buy the stock.
I fell it should be in the afternoon from 3 PM to 3:30 PM
Please share your observations

What do you guys think of my list? Any stocks you guys think is not worth keeping for a time frame of 2-3 years?

This is the list where I think recovery will come first

Axis Bank
Ambuja Cem
BajajFinServ
Bajaj Finance
HDFC Bank
HDFC
HDFC Life
Kotak Mahindra Bank
SBIN
MCDOWELL
Relaince
Nestle
Britannia
Marico
ITC
LT
ICICI Bank
COLPAL
PIDILITE
ASIANPAINTS
RELAXO
BATA INDIA
HINDALCO
CIPLA
SUNPHARMA
DIVILAB
Abbot India
Dabur
TCS
HCL TECH
DMART
IRCTC

Few Stocks I have which I am not looking to invest in currently due to micro economic factors but will invest once the trend changes

Maruti
Bajaj Auto
Hero Motor
TVS

Please feel free to suggest changes or why you think some stock can be excluded and if you have a better suggestion of stock, your input will be highly appriciated.

PS: Just for Fun, no compettition

Any opinion on ceramic tiles stocks like Kajaria, Cera, Somany etc. They seem to move in sync with cement and steel. Also VIP industries appears pretty badly hit by the travel restrictions but seems like a solid business otherwise. Would anyone consider VIP a good buy in the present market?

Any particular reason for picking Ambuja over Shree Cements or Ultratech that seem to have given better returns over the last 10 years?