LONE WOLF's Trading Diary

rjshem

A major change in my daily routine which is going to affect my trading style

My 5 months old dog "Rocky" got diagnosed with canine distemper, a viral disease which has yet no cure and medication available in canine world and where the fatality rate is almost 80% in USA and 100% in India. I had rescued Rocky from street when he was just 1 month old when his mother abandoned him and his 3 other litter mates for more than 3 days. The other three pups died and only rocky was left there abandoned, crying helplessly. By the time I took Rocky home he has already started showing symptoms of distemper but I did not know it back then. Today after learning about distemper's symptom I recognise it. If at that time I was aware of these things then I would not have rescued Rocky. But call it his fate or my destiny we two had to get along with each other..

Rocky at 1 month of age

At my place, he got house trained, he not only lived my house but in everybody's heart as well. With proper care and on a balance diet his immune system improved and probably his body started producing antibodies against the deadly virus and killed it. Most of the puppies of Rocky's age in distemper dies from pneumonia when their lungs get affected. His respiratory system and GI system are well and is free from the virus. The GI system and respiratory system are usually first to get affected by the virus and then it kills the host. But in some rare 10% of case of distemper the virus migrates to central nervous system and this is the case with Rocky.

Rocky at 2 months of age

Rocky at 3 months of age

Rocky at 4 months of age

At the onset of 4 months and 15 days Rocky started showing of first signs of the virus affecting his central nervous system when he failed to co-ordinate his legs while walking. I took him to vet, The vet guessed it for some injury to legs or joint issue. For next 7 days Rocky was given medication of high vitamin but nothing for distemper as the doc himself did not recognise it even though I provided him a detailed historical symptom of Rocky.

Gradually Rocky started loosing complete control over his hind limbs, then front limbs, then neck. Now he is completely paralysed except his face. Though he feels sensation in his body but he has lost all control over them. At the peak of this misery the doc recognised the distemper and said there is no medication available and generally distemper dogs dont make it past 9/10 days. In a case like Rocky the next the virus will affect his brain cells and trachea. And then he will loose control over its ability to breath and swallow, he may die either from asphyxiation or by drowning in his own saliva. The next day Rocky's eye were all blue, I searched over net to see that this is due to nerves which connects the eye with brain are affected, and slowly it will make Rocky completely blind. And he was only able to open his mouth wide enough that only one finger can be inserted. Seeing this the doc said now he might live for only a day/two. The virus has already started affecting its throat. Now nothing can be done.

Rocky - on his few last playing activity before being paralyzed

I took Rocky home with a heavy heart. I also looked for the veterinary hospital's euthanize team to euthanize Rocky in case he is going to die for sure just to make this transition smooth and easy for him. Again call it his fate or my destiny the euthanize team did not appear. Now all I was left with a complete paralysed dog who is struggling hard for his life and with no cure available any where in India. I had no idea if all this was God's will for us, or I was just facing the consequences of my own decision of helping a stray puppy. Everyone in my home started blaming me for rescuing him from road.

This was the same dog who was everyone's favourite few days back, giving all joy and pleasure from its cute and stupid activities, was always sleeping in my lap, now no body wants him. Rocky also did not find it easy at first, he yelped and cried a lot when he found that he is no more able to move. That's when I decided, it does not matter why all this happened, but in front of me there was a bundle of energy wanting to live and fight, and then there was a group of people who just want to discard the dog leaving him to die and I decided I cant leave Rocky alone in this battle at a time when he needs me the most.

Thats where I turned to internet, after 4 sleepless days and nights of searching and browsing, I came to know about a holistic approach of treatment where they dont treat the disease and but enable the body to be more immune and strong so that the body can fight the disease itself. I started the treatment. But the challenge is often in distemper the nervous damage is irreversible. Only in 1% case it can be recovered. Means even If Rocky will survive distemper there is no guarantee that he will be cured from his paralysis. Again another tough decision for me.. and I decided again to stand with Rocky. So I started the holistic treatment. I guess probably his body has once again started fighting the virus. The doctor had remarked last sunday that Rocky was a guest only for next 1/2 days. 7 days have gone. His nervous damage progress seems to have stopped, but I am not sure. I can only be sure if Rocky continues to live a month or more then his body has won over the virus. Next challenge will be to cure his paralysis. I found that in New Jersey they have few successful cases of treating distemper induced
paralysis by treating the dog with electric acupuncture. May be I will make enough profit to take Rocky there and make him live his life fully once again. So far I have been trading for me, and now I have a purpose. Please God give me strength in this path.. Cause there is no one who seems to understand what I am doing.

Rocky on his 5th month completion : Completely Paralysed except his face

My routine

Amid all this things my daily routine changed a lot. Previously Rocky was having food and water on its own, He was trained to ring a bell at door step when ever he needed to go out to do its business. But now he is completely my responsibility. I am feeding him food one small bite a time keeping him in my lap thrice a day. In every three hours he is given a small snacks with medicine. I am making him drink sufficient water through a syringe in every 1 hour so that he wont be dehydrated and his body's toxin will be removed. I learned to find its bladder and make him urinate by applying small pressure on it. I carry him out every 3 hours and make him urinate. I learned how to stimulate its anal gland so that he can poop regularly else there is a risk of he might develop rectal hemorrhoid's.

And with all this sudden change in my life there is no 9-3 long hours of sitting for focused intraday trading. It takes around 30/45 min to feed him his main meal and 15m for the each short snacks with medicine. Between 9 to 3, I also have to carry him outside once to make him urinate. And with all this tiring things I loose my focus and attention to trade. Sometimes I get tired, frustrated, but again I try to find myself by looking at Rocky's eye of pure love..

So trading intraday on 5m chart seems impossible to me. After a lot of thinking I found only one option for trading. That is trading positional on NSE cash and with the pledged money trading 1m chart for scalping in two small session for the day that is (9am to 11:30am) and (1Pm to 3PM). With this divided time slots its difficult to get trading opportunity on 5m chart. So i decided to trade 1m trend. Whoever reads this, if you have some better suggestion/opinion to share, then you are most welcome.

My life's goal for now is -

1. Over this weekend, practice hard and smart enough to trade the trend on 1m chart for scalping.
2. Study stock's EOD charts for positional trading opportunity (cash)
3. Make enough money so that I can take Rocky to US and treat him for his paralysis.
4. Start a dog shelter at my place for helping the stray dogs. (Rocky gave me this purpose, His suffering is not going to get waste. This is a must for me now)

That's all the story so far which has made my life turmoil for last 2 weeks.. But still, anything for Rocky, my boy, a dog with a inverted heart sign on his chest. He is a fighter, fighting distemper since birth. and he is an angel to me..

---------------------
@Admin, I am sorry for this lengthy non-trading related post. If you feel its irrelevant here then delete it rightfully, I wont judge. But I needed to get off this from my chest.
Plannet earth should have more people like u ur not only fighting adversity but teaching ur pet also to fight it. In life one should never give up in adversity fight it with all the might u have then luck and god will be on ur side.keep feeding ur pet with positive energy whenever u go near him dont look nervous or fearful. I have not trades 1 min so cant comment on it.u should look for morning momentum trades look for stocks open above or near previous day high low .read moneyfroly thread for more on this .can take entry then can put target at 3x or close it at eod .i think the best would be to look for crowd funding online for ur pets us treatment.tech savvy people from here can help u in this .all the best for u and ur goals and will pray for ur pets recovery keep going .people who dont understand let them be dont bother.

TracerBullet

At the onset of 4 months and 15 days Rocky started showing of first signs of the virus affecting his central nervous system when he failed to co-ordinate his legs while walking. I took him to vet, The vet guessed it for some injury to legs or joint issue. For next 7 days Rocky was given medication of high vitamin but nothing for distemper as the doc himself did not recognise it even though I provided him a detailed historical symptom of Rocky.

Gradually Rocky started loosing complete control over his hind limbs, then front limbs, then neck. Now he is completely paralysed except his face. Though he feels sensation in his body but he has lost all control over them. At the peak of this misery the doc recognised the distemper and said there is no medication available and generally distemper dogs dont make it past 9/10 days. In a case like Rocky the next the virus will affect his brain cells and trachea. And then he will loose control over its ability to breath and swallow, he may die either from asphyxiation or by drowning in his own saliva. The next day Rocky's eye were all blue, I searched over net to see that this is due to nerves which connects the eye with brain are affected, and slowly it will make Rocky completely blind. And he was only able to open his mouth wide enough that only one finger can be inserted. Seeing this the doc said now he might live for only a day/two. The virus has already started affecting its throat. Now nothing can be done.

I took Rocky home with a heavy heart. I also looked for the veterinary hospital's euthanize team to euthanize Rocky in case he is going to die for sure just to make this transition smooth and easy for him. Again call it his fate or my destiny the euthanize team did not appear. Now all I was left with a complete paralysed dog who is struggling hard for his life and with no cure available any where in India. I had no idea if all this was God's will for us, or I was just facing the consequences of my own decision of helping a stray puppy. Everyone in my home started blaming me for rescuing him from road.

This was the same dog who was everyone's favourite few days back, giving all joy and pleasure from its cute and stupid activities, was always sleeping in my lap, now no body wants him. Rocky also did not find it easy at first, he yelped and cried a lot when he found that he is no more able to move. That's when I decided, it does not matter why all this happened, but in front of me there was a bundle of energy wanting to live and fight, and then there was a group of people who just want to discard the dog leaving him to die and I decided I cant leave Rocky alone in this battle at a time when he needs me the most.

Thats where I turned to internet, after 4 sleepless days and nights of searching and browsing, I came to know about a holistic approach of treatment where they dont treat the disease and but enable the body to be more immune and strong so that the body can fight the disease itself. I started the treatment. But the challenge is often in distemper the nervous damage is irreversible. Only in 1% case it can be recovered. Means even If Rocky will survive distemper there is no guarantee that he will be cured from his paralysis. Again another tough decision for me.. and I decided again to stand with Rocky. So I started the holistic treatment. I guess probably his body has once again started fighting the virus. The doctor had remarked last sunday that Rocky was a guest only for next 1/2 days. 7 days have gone. His nervous damage progress seems to have stopped, but I am not sure. I can only be sure if Rocky continues to live a month or more then his body has won over the virus. Next challenge will be to cure his paralysis. I found that in New Jersey they have few successful cases of treating distemper induced
paralysis by treating the dog with electric acupuncture. May be I will make enough profit to take Rocky there and make him live his life fully once again. So far I have been trading for me, and now I have a purpose. Please God give me strength in this path.. Cause there is no one who seems to understand what I am doing.

My routine

Amid all this things my daily routine changed a lot. Previously Rocky was having food and water on its own, He was trained to ring a bell at door step when ever he needed to go out to do its business. But now he is completely my responsibility. I am feeding him food one small bite a time keeping him in my lap thrice a day. In every three hours he is given a small snacks with medicine. I am making him drink sufficient water through a syringe in every 1 hour so that he wont be dehydrated and his body's toxin will be removed. I learned to find its bladder and make him urinate by applying small pressure on it. I carry him out every 3 hours and make him urinate. I learned how to stimulate its anal gland so that he can poop regularly else there is a risk of he might develop rectal hemorrhoid's.

And with all this sudden change in my life there is no 9-3 long hours of sitting for focused intraday trading. It takes around 30/45 min to feed him his main meal and 15m for the each short snacks with medicine. Between 9 to 3, I also have to carry him outside once to make him urinate. And with all this tiring things I loose my focus and attention to trade. Sometimes I get tired, frustrated, but again I try to find myself by looking at Rocky's eye of pure love..

So trading intraday on 5m chart seems impossible to me. After a lot of thinking I found only one option for trading. That is trading positional on NSE cash and with the pledged money trading 1m chart for scalping in two small session for the day that is (9am to 11:30am) and (1Pm to 3PM). With this divided time slots its difficult to get trading opportunity on 5m chart. So i decided to trade 1m trend. Whoever reads this, if you have some better suggestion/opinion to share, then you are most welcome.

My life's goal for now is -

1. Over this weekend, practice hard and smart enough to trade the trend on 1m chart for scalping.
2. Study stock's EOD charts for positional trading opportunity (cash)
3. Make enough money so that I can take Rocky to US and treat him for his paralysis.
4. Start a dog shelter at my place for helping the stray dogs. (Rocky gave me this purpose, His suffering is not going to get waste. This is a must for me now)

That's all the story so far which has made my life turmoil for last 2 weeks.. But still, anything for Rocky, my boy, a dog with a inverted heart sign on his chest. He is a fighter, fighting distemper since birth. and he is an angel to me..

---------------------
@Admin, I am sorry for this lengthy non-trading related post. If you feel its irrelevant here then delete it rightfully, I wont judge. But I needed to get off this from my chest.
sorry man, but this is how the world is ..

Trading
1) Market does not care. Since you are making changes in plan be careful not to have too big a size. Trading should not become gambling due to need. You should already know this but just a reminder to avoid mistake.
2) Trading 1 min will need fast decision making. It will need to overcome high expenses as impact of taxes and slippage will be much more. And to me 1 min seems noisy but people get edges in many ways so not saying cant do it. Most days wont be like your 7x trade which was a very clean move. Maybe you can try to select only the best days which have such possibility ( Here it was gap and go after overnight result)
3) One possible option (using 5m/15m) is to look at many stocks EOD and next day focus on those that have potential for a Large range trend day. Look for possible Volatility Expansion aided with Trend/Pattern. Then, You can try to design your trade management to hold a position that is working till EOD. Holding till next day is even better but expenses are prohibitive in stocks for us. So, your day will be to look for trades 1st hour or two and then close them EOD, perhaps with some partial target in between to get more consistent results.

Some resources for understanding and identifying trend days Linda Rashke. Adam Grimes - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Traderfeed
Main Trick is to ignore mediocre setups and focus only the best trades using your understanding of market structure. This is not easy to do. So Look for potential of trend day followed by a strong open. I am trying to do this using HT pullbacks in 15m using Daily Charts as filter to narrow down stocks ( Trend day is expansion in Daily bar range, so looking at Daily charts )

---------------------------

Some uninformed views for Dog. You probably have already gone through it but just writing it out.
1) See if its possible to get professional ongoing care as there seems to be no immediate cure. I dont know, maybe not possible in India. You can try to views of multiple vets and/or approach Dog Helplines like PAWS for their view as they might have seen many such cases. If not possible, then check if you can hire a compassionate bai to help you out in daily routine.
2) Consider getting a job if you can get help with dog. Trading can still be done daily charts.
3) Try to get in contact with the new jersey clinic if possible and get an initial view. And/Or try to join some forum group for dog owners of this disease and get their views.
4) Is there prolonged pain/suffering for the dog ? Leave aside your emotions and try to put yourself in similar situation and see what will you do. All of us will die, sometimes it may make sense to choose it after careful consideration ..
5) Dog Shelter - Consider it a long term goal but you will need professional help and emotional support for such things. Its not easy to be involved day to day with animals in distress ( not for me anyway). At the same time just willingness to help is not enough - you will need training and vets and proper procedures/resources. No point running a quakery even if unintentional. Small example - Some Pigeon helpline centers here do not initially quarantine them. So, viruses can spread.
6) Doctors in our forum maybe can get a better opinion through internet resources than we can, even if they are nor vets. There is a lot of useless info too. Maybe subhadip / vivektrader ?

Good luck ..

Last edited:
LW ji very poignant brief about rocky. May God cure him completely of his misery.

Though i am not qualified enough to guide anybody on trading but since i trade only 1min.charts would like to provide you with my 2cents. For a trending move try to trade BO/BD's only when they come out of previous day's range. I do it using OBV, but if you are not too familiar with OBV, stick to price BO. Both BO and failed BO give very good intraday trend. All the best to Rocky and you. Caring People like you make us a proud race.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
LoneWolf bhai, may the universe give you the strength to succeed and save the life of your buddy.

On a side note, I agree with tracer bhai, its not wise to jump to 1tf from 5tf .
Also the mph mpl is not clear in 1tf.
So choose wisely your next step with regards to trading.

newuser_RK

Why don't you connect with some NGO for sponsors or maybe crowd funding or maybe new jersey clinic might pitch in with support.
Ideally IMHO you are prolonging his misery and nothing more...may be he is distined for better life in next birth let him go...start some dog shelter in his memory...

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

LoneWolf

I have not trades 1 min so cant comment on it.u should look for morning momentum trades look for stocks open above or near previous day high low .read moneyfroly thread for more on this .can take entry then can put target at 3x or close it at eod ..
3) One possible option (using 5m/15m) is to look at many stocks EOD and next day focus on those that have potential for a Large range trend day. Look for possible Volatility Expansion aided with Trend/Pattern. Then, You can try to design your trade management to hold a position that is working till EOD. Holding till next day is even better but expenses are prohibitive in stocks for us. So, your day will be to look for trades 1st hour or two and then close them EOD, perhaps with some partial target in between to get more consistent results.
@rjshem, @TracerBullet

First of all, thanks for your kind words.

Regarding trading, I gave enough thoughts for this kind of approach where I would be studying few stocks showing a potential of trend move for next session, then creating positions in them based upon the next day real time candle development, and then exiting at fixed 4/5R or at EOD/TSL.

But I dont have any working methodology for such system in mu hand right now. So whatever I will do in this front will be experimental and that will take its own time to see the live market implementation. (routes of observation/development/testing/paper trading and implementations).

Secondly keeping a position open and not sitting before terminal/not actively managing it is a psychological challenge for me, If in such a condition I would be near Rocky my mind would be constantly in market. That may lead to frustration and restlessness as well.

But will try to check and develop any such method for filtering trend candidate and only after testing it thoroughly I can be psychologically okay with it. So this will be off market work (when my time permits)

2) Trading 1 min will need fast decision making. It will need to overcome high expenses as impact of taxes and slippage will be much more. And to me 1 min seems noisy but people get edges in many ways so not saying cant do it. Most days wont be like your 7x trade which was a very clean move. Maybe you can try to select only the best days which have such possibility ( Here it was gap and go after overnight result)
On a side note, I agree with tracer bhai, its not wise to jump to 1tf from 5tf .
Also the mph mpl is not clear in 1tf.
So choose wisely your next step with regards to trading.
Next with my recent 5m timeframe intraday trading, though i had some initial success, for last 4/5 months I am not heading anywhere. (just swinging from minor loss to marginal profit). So I am taking this blow in life as a wake up call and exploring other possibilities. I am small trader, so swing trading on derivative segment is out of question (MM reason). So this how I am planning my next moves.

A. Primary focus will be on positional trades on NSE cash with 70% of my trading capital with a horizon of 1 quarter. where expecting a 15% return per quarter which is 5% per month on an average. Here for positional studies I will be having enough time for reading the technical and taking decisions since it will be done on Daily chart.

B. With the rest 30% capital + the pledged money from positional trades, I will try to trade the trend on 1m chart for a specified time slot (9:15 to 11:30) and (1 PM to 3 PM). The reason for going to 1m timeframe is I feel the trading opportunity will be more in case of 1m tf as compared to 5m. But I understand that it will be double edged sword, where the chances of incurring loss will equally higher. And also going by minor-visual pivot method on 1m will be timetaking, as I mark them manually. So recetly I am testing a similar approach of trend trading with direction of 100 EMA only when a trend is spotted ignoring the sideways range actions.

I feel if you remove the x-axis from any chart you wont even know if its a 1m chart or weekly chart, but the understanding of price candle formation remain same. So in 2 hrs I will be getting around 120 1m candle which is equivalent to 1 and half days from a 5m chart. So on this concept I am willing to go down to 1m chart. ( off course the 7R TATASTEEL trade did not influence me for 1m trading :D )

One thing which might work against me is slippage and order filling, But let me try it for few days, then I will get a better picture of this.

Though i am not qualified enough to guide anybody on trading but since i trade only 1min.charts would like to provide you with my 2cents. For a trending move try to trade BO/BD's only when they come out of previous day's range. I do it using OBV, but if you are not too familiar with OBV, stick to price BO. Both BO and failed BO give very good intraday trend.
@Varun, yes for now I am only getting interested in trends on 1m. and will be using the price patterns with the direction of 100 EMA (visual trend).