Logical Question To All Traders.

To All Traders Who Have Lost Money In Stock Market:down:

Hey Guys,
Did you loose your money in stock market just bcoz of paying few extra
bucks as brokerage ?

Or

Lost bcoz of MARGIN SHORT FALL, and position square off by the broker ?

I hope most of you would reply positively for MARGIN Short fall. If that is the case, then why running in search Broker who provides low brokerage ?

My contention is we need to run in search of broker who allows positional
trade in low margins. :clap:

Am not here to offend any one. :thanx:
Expecting reply from those who really think logically.

To All Traders Who Have Lost Money In Stock Market:down:

Hey Guys,
Did you loose your money in stock market just bcoz of paying few extra
bucks as brokerage ?

Or

Lost bcoz of MARGIN SHORT FALL, and position square off by the broker ?

I hope most of you would reply positively for MARGIN Short fall. If that is the case, then why running in search Broker who provides low brokerage ?

My contention is we need to run in search of broker who allows positional
trade in low margins. :clap:

Am not here to offend any one. :thanx:
Expecting reply from those who really think logically.
hi leoharee,

U have made a very valid point. I asked this question to few seniors in pm and still awaiting their reply.One person replied that he is a pure intraday trader and he cannot comment on this ;).
My question was a little bit modified but topic was the same.
We know that conventional brokers offer us to carry futures on span margin and discount brokers take full margin for that.
Brokerage of conventional ones is around 1p and discount we all know.
so i asked that should we pay 100-200Rs more per trade to conventional ones as we are saving money on margin or should we go with the discount brokers and give them full margin???
I m still awaiting their reply.
If the ans is that we should save money on margin then with all calculations this and that , ZERODHA wins hands down in this, coz it is a discount broker but locking lesser margins for trade.
It does not allow purely span margin to carry futures but its total margin is more or less same to the span margin of other conventional brokers.:clapping:

smartcat

Traders might look for a broker with lower charges not because they have won or lost money in the past. It's mostly because they have a winning strategy which involves frequent transactions/trades. And brokerage charges are eating into their profits.

Some traders might go for low cost brokers even if they don't have a winning strategy yet, but have a trade idea that involves frequent trades. That particular strategy might not be profitable at one particular broker, but might be very profitable with another broker - because of the way charges are applied.

@ SMARTCAT

Hi,
Ofcourse I accept your point. But just think, trying to save few bucks,
they lock 25% extra margins. Had they used this 25% extra margins in their
winning strategies, they would have earned pretty much better than what they pay as brokerage.:thumb:

Expecting you opinion Smartcat. :cool:

@ TRADE2LEARN

Hi,
I was about to convey the same what you have said regarding " Zerodha".
Unanimously voted to be the single winner is " Zerodha" for its low margins and
low brokerage.

But I hope that place will be taken over by ANOTHER BROKERAGE FIRM after "DIWALI" :clap:

Try to Guess which brokerage firm it is.? :D

They are about to enter into equity from DIWALI it seems. Brokerage is 50% LESS than Zerodha and same low margins as Zerodha.:clapping:

Transaction Charges for F&O less than Zerodha

Keeping my fingers Crossed to get full details.

I pay good brokerage to a reputed broker .03 on derivatives . He gives me solid margin and also increases margins on a case to case basis. But the problem is humans are greedy. I can not trade with him 10 lots of nifty 5 times a day cos the brokerage and transaction amount turns to be huge and kills your spirit . Low cost is something I will be trying now.

That particular strategy might not be profitable at one particular broker, but might be very profitable with another broker - because of the way charges are applied.
Hi,
Did not get ur this point. Can u elaborate??
How is this possbile:confused:?
R u strictly talking about intraday trading ??
coz i don't think this point applies to postional .

@ GRULES

Can you be specific, for any position that you take, in respect of carry over
position in futures, what is the margin locked for taking that position ?
May be you can say for 1 lot of nifty how much margin is locked for carry over position by your reputed broker.?:confused: