Local disk full , No space issue

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
I am not downloading / downloaded anything. My laptop shows error as your C disk is full. I am not sure how it get filled. I have not downloaded anything there in C disk. Even my internet downloads are in F disk.

I am not sure what happens... what to do.. because of this computer performance is low ,

I have nothing to delete from there my side because everything there is windows, program files only...

I have deleted temporary data, run disk clean option in windows, defragmented but nothing helps to solve this problem.. what to do..

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
What is Free space available on C Drive an its size.

Check for viruses
o bytes of 97.5 GB

it is showing like that only. i can't save anything in that C drive now. no space.

Is there anyway to find what makes this C folder into FULL? is there anyway to find out highest MB or GB size file in this folder... i gone through major folder by folders properties to check size.. not anything significant big...

no viruses..

I am not downloading / downloaded anything. My laptop shows error as your C disk is full. I am not sure how it get filled. I have not downloaded anything there in C disk. Even my internet downloads are in F disk.

I am not sure what happens... what to do.. because of this computer performance is low ,

I have nothing to delete from there my side because everything there is windows, program files only...

I have deleted temporary data, run disk clean option in windows, defragmented but nothing helps to solve this problem.. what to do..
install ccleaner - https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

since u have disk space on c: , install on another drive. It will clean all unwanted files. you wont believe the crap that gathers on our systems...

Raghuveer

Safest way: Press Win key on keyboard, in windows menu type: disk cleanup
You will get "Disk Cleanup" option, hit enter. select options, clean up disk space.
Repeat above step with "Run as Admin". You may have to reboot to see results of this cleanup.

Reboot.
Safe: If still no space, then temporarily disable Virtual memory/Page file and Hibernation file.
Reboot.

If still no space then a bit bold move: Rename C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution as C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old and move it some drive other than C:. Keep it for a week or two and if no problems you can delete it.

In file manager select C; drive->properties and post screenshot or type info on Used space, Free space, Capacity.
Similarly do for other drives you have and we can get some info.
How many physical disks are there?

disk cleanup , cccleaner these things helped me to clean only 1 gb. Still 96.5 GB FILL .

not sure but afraid may be hidden virus...
What is your OS?

windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit is the OS
Ok. Here just some thing to check further. This will not solve the problem, but could give some more information about what is going on. Takes two minutes:

Check under Settings:

- Network Connections
- Choose the one you use (Ethernet)
- Put the cursor on it
- Press the right side of the mouse and a small window appears
- Here you choose: Status
- A new small windows appears and here you compare the bytes you received and the once you sent.

If you send more then you receive, then probably your OS is manipulated and miss used.
-------------------------------

Further ideas:

Run once AntiMalware: http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware

and run once bleach bite: http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net Bleach bit can take to over 20 hours if it cleans up any free space possible on your hard disk.

If that not helps, bring all your documents and data to a safe place like an external hard disk or press them on disks. Download all exe from each program you have installed beside your W7 and also keep them on the external hard disk

Now make a new formating of the hard disk in the laptop and install Windows new. You any way should do that once a year. I do it twice a year.

Hope it helps a bit to solve the problem. Take care / Dan :)