Local disk full , No space issue

a] use hijackthis first
b] use spybot search and destroy second
c] use [anything] third,fourth,fifith,sixth
d] use bitdefender USB immunizer

our windoze is safe, xp, 7 , 8
Bhai, with hijackthis, it will show the entries and you have to check them and click to fix them. There is a chance of irrecoverable user error because the user may not sufficient knowledge of the files/processes listed. Spybot.. haven't used it much lately, it was good when I used it but making it resident used a lot of system resources. Anyway, after I tried Glary utilities, everything else was insipid. It's sort of all in one solution.

Bhai, with hijackthis, it will show the entries and you have to check them and click to fix them. There is a chance of irrecoverable user error because the user may not sufficient knowledge of the files/processes listed.

how many times have you tried hijackthis and destroyed your desktops or laptops?

Spybot.. haven't used it much lately, it was good when I used it but making it resident used a lot of system resources.

i have not asked our friend to install spybot permanently

same problem of C drive full (39 GB) in my desktop few weeks ago => format drive C , now ok.
After formatting, it is a good idea for the user to be aware of "Restore points" and create various system restore points after installation of their software. There is not much to it, but first time do it under expert supervision. The option to create the restore points is available under "system protection" or you can simply press F1 (help) and search for "System Restore points".

In my new computer, I have created various restore points with easy names like "Basic Installation", "Before Antivirus", "After Antivirus", "After installing TT", "After installing NEST and NOW" etc..etc.. So, if something unexplained happens with my system, I can restore the system areas to their condition at the given point. Restoring the system does not affect the data.

shirajroz

Best thing to do is actually get an external hdd. U wil get 1 TB for 4-5k. Keep all d junks..movies etc in external drive nd keep d computer clean :)
Even when v install S/Ws to extrnl HDD or Drives other than C, the AppData is inevitably loaded to C by default (usually C:\Documents and Settings\user\AppData ) which some times piles upto 5Gb for a single S/W (yup had to uninstall one of my favrt utilities just for dis reason)
Is der a way to move (or chose at the time of Installation ) the AppData to the intalled folder itself like the option available while installing NotePad++

manishchan

Even when v install S/Ws to extrnl HDD or Drives other than C, the AppData is inevitably loaded to C by default (usually C:\Documents and Settings\user\AppData ) which some times piles upto 5Gb for a single S/W (yup had to uninstall one of my favrt utilities just for dis reason)
Is der a way to move (or chose at the time of Installation ) the AppData to the intalled folder itself like the option available while installing NotePad++
no no.. I'm not asking to intall the software into external hdd. leave the softwares in ur computer. Only move the other stuffs.. like movies, songs, pictures.. other files that you don't use everyday etc. I'm sure 39 GB (in TR case above) isn't something one will use everyday. Or 39 GB can't be only softwares installed.