Loan against shares

I am planning to apply for loan against shares against a slightly risky portfolio. I am considering four vendors: JM Financial, Kotak, IIFL, and Motilal Oswal. Request anyone who has any prior experience with any of these vendors to share their experiences and the relative benefits/disadvantages of choosing each (e.g. their list of approved scrips, interest rates, any other relevant information)

I personally do not advocate any kind of Loan.

Nevertheless, if you have decided to take a Loan, I'd suggest you to take Loan only from PSU Banks.

Plz, avoid Private banks. They charge hidden costs and tack on fees as if it is their Prerogative.

I suggest State Bank of India, Corporation Bank and Canara Bank for Loan against shares.

The Bank will mark a lien on your shares to the extent of loan and release the lien on maturity of the loan.

If you have a demat a/c with SBI or Corporation Bank or Canmoney securities, then you can get the loan same day itself.

If you have demat a/c with other brokerage houses, then you can get a loan in 1-3 working days.

I don't have any experience with anyone of this but recently i applied for the personal loan with axis bank and i got a best experience from them ever.

Opting Loan against share is not applicable for all shares, some shares are do eligible but not every. Specific bank will be considered a particular list of shares to approve loan at very low percentage (depends on its market value of share and appropriate company reputation).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
A Loans 1
A Loans 2
A Loans 2
A Loans 4