Little tips on Intraday Trading

This is nothing but Pivot Point Formula. The pivot point formula is like this:

H=Prev day High, L=Prev day Low and C=Prev day Close.
Using these calculate the PIVOT POINT(P) as follows:

P=(H+L+C)/3

From this Pivot Point(P) calculate the resistance levels as follows:

First resistance level (R1)

R1=(2 X P)-L

Now you can see 2 X P=(H+L+C) X 2/3=(H+L+C) X 0.67 which is given as Z by Abdur in his post. Therefore, the first resistance level R1 is same as Z - L as given by Abdur.

Similarly, the first support level (S1) is calculated as:
S1=(2 X P) - H = (H+L+C)X2/3 - H = (H+L+C)X0.67 - H

This is same as Z-H as given by Abdur.

The second Resistance (R2) and support (S2) Levels are calculated as:

S2 = P - (H - L) = P - (R1 - S1)
R2 = P + (H - L) = P + (R1 - S1)

These are not given by Abdur.

You can get full details of Pivot Points and how to trade with them (intra-day) by following the link:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/041404.asp

Abdur has given the Pivot Point formula in a different way by using different letters like Z, PB etc. It is nothing new. Pivot Point trading is well known technique and is known from a long time. It is not a formula discovered by Abdur. It would have been better if Abdur had mentioned about the source of his formula.

-Anant
Hi! can you please explain it by giving a real life example?
I am providing you data...plz calculate some figure for me so that i can understand better...

1st Day 2nd Day
Scrip Name ABC Stock ABC Stock
Last Traded Qty 5 3
Current 1009 997
Bid Qty 11160 0
Bid Price 1009 0
Offer Price 0 997
Offer Qty 0 3711
Open 962 1017
High 1020 1038
Low 955 991
Close 955 1009
Qty 4924504 3594421

Hi,

one of my friend referred to me about intraday trading, i want to step into this area.
Please kindly guide me, i tried the above formula on 20Microns as on 19/jul12. it was showing a very good deal, and i got excited lol, but i know in reality we have to face hassles at the beginning. Can any good person guide me, and how to deal with brokers, how much to pay them ? I'm from hyderabad, 1.how to trace out good sharemarket, 2.will they help me in any situations where if i get stuck cuz am new, 3.does they provide software to trade ? 4.How much do they charge ? 5. Do i need D-mat account or any other ?? etc etc, plz guide :(