List of Mutual Funds by ST Da

Satya.

List of Mutual Funds by ST Da-

1) Large cap Diversified Equity schemes like Franklin India Frontline Equity Fund,Birla Sunlife Top 100 Fund,ICICI Value Discovery Fund,Birla Sunlife Long Term Advantage Fund,Franklin India Bluechip Fund,Motilal Oswal Focussed 25 Fund,ICICI Prudential Focussed Bluechip Equity Fund,Franklin India Prima Plus Fund ...
2) ELSS Funds like Reliance Taxsaver,Axis Long Term Equity Fund and Motilal Oswal Focussed Long Term Fund.
3) Midcap and Multicap Funds such as Franklin India Prima Fund,HDFC Midcap Fund,Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund, Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund
4) Debt Funds : HDFC High Interest Fund and Birla Sunlife Dynamic Bond Fund

You will make maximum if you invest in small cap funds.But you will have to get used to the volatility associated with these funds. If your savings ,insurance,medical, housing and retirement needs are taken care of ,then go for 1 large cap,1 multicap,1 balanced and 2 small cap funds.You have 9-10 years of investing to do. Names of the funds you can google in each catagory and decide.

Smart_trade

Satya.

I have investments in 15-18 strong growth large cap stocks and few midcap stocks. Midcaps and small caps I dont understand much and I use mutual funds like ICICI value Discovery Fund, Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund,Reliance Small Cap Fund, Mirae Assets small cap fund,HDFC Midcap Fund .Here by paying 1.5-2 % p.a of fees to fund managers we get superior performance so use them, that is what I do.

Smart_trade

Satya.

ST Sir,

if some SIP is not doing well, can we stop in between (after a year or so) but still continue to hold them without selling those units - This is for units purchased directly and not held in demat a/c. Or is it must to sell all the units when we decide to exit the SIP.

thanks

Yes,you can stop the SIP anytime and hold the amount already invested in the same fund.No need to hold in demat account,no need to sell all the units.

But if the fund is not performing ,it may be a good idea to redeem and invest in a better performing fund....but that is investor's choice.

Smart_trade