Limited Scrutiny Notice

Update: Received notice us sec 142 (1) last week asking for

Submitted my response on the e-proceeding site.
Update: Received assessment order with nil demand but a lot happened in between which i am sharing for reference of fellow trader buddies who might face this situation in future, so here it goes:

After uploading my response to notice u/s 142(1) nothing happened for a month and in last week of july Assessing officer directly called up my CA to visit him as there was some "requirement" , on his visit he was asked for long redundant form 10db and STT transaction statement followed by "How much?" My CA told the officer that form 10db and STT statement will be submitted but there was no question of "How much" since his client (me!) has paid his taxes honestly and does not believe in "How much" . There after my CA submitted online under e proceeding : Form 10DB and STT form and a letter which mentioned that officer had asked for these documents to be submitted physically where as i have opted for e proceeding. All these documents were also sent in hard copies to the officer which he refused to acknowledge for the obvious reasons. After a week this time i received a call form the assessing officer himself asking me to visit him personally to which i replied since he called up my CA directly he should deal with him only. He called me 2/3 times again which i didn't pick up.
Thereafter nothing happened until September last week when perhaps to intimidate me i received yet another notice under sec 142(1) informing me that my case has been transferred to Assistant commissioner and i shud submit all documents online under e proceeding which i had submitted earlier under sec 142(1) Which was promptly done by my CA. After a month or so my CA received a call from assistant commissioner's office to visit for some " requirement". When he visited he was asked to submit Global report which is nothing but Profit Loss statement which i had already submitted 3 times on e proceeding site and also confirmation of loan taken from my father which i also had returned in the same financial year. T His time my CA went personally to submit the hard copies but the Asst commissioner was on leave and when contacted by his assistant on phone told my CA to submit the documents online under e proceedings which was promptly done by him. Now on the same day i received a call from Asst commissioners office to visit personally to which my reply was the same: you directly called up my CA so deal with him. After a few days again i received a call to visit this time i asked them to give me in writing for what purpose they are calling me to visit. Thereafter they called up my CA again and asked him to visit to which he also asked to give in writing for what purpose they want him to visit to which the reply was there was no "requirement" as such they just want to "discuss" something. Anyway my CA went to visit the Asst commissioner and asked him if there is any further requirement to close this case and Asst commissioner told him no requirement but send your client to visit to which my CA told him that his client has paid his taxes honestly and he doesn't think i will visit anyway.

I was never under any fear or intimidation at any point of time as i had paid my taxes honestly and my return was also audited this time. Cheers !

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Update: Received assessment order with nil demand but a lot happened in between which i am sharing for reference of fellow trader buddies who might face this situation in future, so here it goes:

After uploading my response to notice u/s 142(1) nothing happened for a month and in last week of july Assessing officer directly called up my CA to visit him as there was some "requirement" , on his visit he was asked for long redundant form 10db and STT transaction statement followed by "How much?" My CA told the officer that form 10db and STT statement will be submitted but there was no question of "How much" since his client (me!) has paid his taxes honestly and does not believe in "How much" . There after my CA submitted online under e proceeding : Form 10DB and STT form and a letter which mentioned that officer had asked for these documents to be submitted physically where as i have opted for e proceeding. All these documents were also sent in hard copies to the officer which he refused to acknowledge for the obvious reasons. After a week this time i received a call form the assessing officer himself asking me to visit him personally to which i replied since he called up my CA directly he should deal with him only. He called me 2/3 times again which i didn't pick up.
Thereafter nothing happened until September last week when perhaps to intimidate me i received yet another notice under sec 142(1) informing me that my case has been transferred to Assistant commissioner and i shud submit all documents online under e proceeding which i had submitted earlier under sec 142(1) Which was promptly done by my CA. After a month or so my CA received a call from assistant commissioner's office to visit for some " requirement". When he visited he was asked to submit Global report which is nothing but Profit Loss statement which i had already submitted 3 times on e proceeding site and also confirmation of loan taken from my father which i also had returned in the same financial year. T His time my CA went personally to submit the hard copies but the Asst commissioner was on leave and when contacted by his assistant on phone told my CA to submit the documents online under e proceedings which was promptly done by him. Now on the same day i received a call from Asst commissioners office to visit personally to which my reply was the same: you directly called up my CA so deal with him. After a few days again i received a call to visit this time i asked them to give me in writing for what purpose they are calling me to visit. Thereafter they called up my CA again and asked him to visit to which he also asked to give in writing for what purpose they want him to visit to which the reply was there was no "requirement" as such they just want to "discuss" something. Anyway my CA went to visit the Asst commissioner and asked him if there is any further requirement to close this case and Asst commissioner told him no requirement but send your client to visit to which my CA told him that his client has paid his taxes honestly and he doesn't think i will visit anyway.

I was never under any fear or intimidation at any point of time as i had paid my taxes honestly and my return was also audited this time. Cheers !
Nicely dealt with an old saying. Honesty is the best policy.

Well done brother. :up: