Limited Scrutiny Notice

canikhil

I received notice u/s 154 today. The contents are as follows:

"Your return for the above mentioned assessment year will henceforth be rectified by your Assessing Officer . You are requested to contact your Jurisdictional assessing officer for any rectification related issues."

Please guide me if I need to do anything to respond to this notice.
In case you have not filed for any rectification, then you do not have to bother about this.

In case you have filed or wish to file for a rectification, then it has to be manually submitted with the jurisdictional officer..

carnot11

In case you have not filed for any rectification, then you do not have to bother about this.

In case you have filed or wish to file for a rectification, then it has to be manually submitted with the jurisdictional officer..
Hello,

What is the procedure in case a person wants to file a revised return ?

Original return was e-filed and within prescribed time limit and paid a tax of Rs 3,500/-.
The revision is for TDS credit which was not reflecting in 26 AS at the time of filing original return.
With the new 26AS, the tax liability changes from payment of tax to claim of refund.

Enjoy,
CArnot

Last edited:

comm4300

so here is how my meeting with the IT officer went:

typical govt building.

Entered the cabin and the lady was busy on phone. She asked which AY was the notice for...i said 2015-16. Then her reply was "im busy with 2014-15" ..just submit the documents and leave your contact number. will get back to you later!

get "tapkal"....stamped photocopy of documents submitted.

Then i called my CA and he said that is what was expected. the IT ppl are busy and that it will take couple of months for any update on my issue. this can go until Dec 2017!

gosh! what pace is this?

I had anticipated questions, arguments and some information...but nothing...even before i could open my mouth...i was told to submit docs and that they'd get back to me later...in a few months!

there is a long way to go for the IT dept in this regards.

Last edited:

vikas2131

so here is how my meeting with the IT officer went:

typical govt building.

Entered the cabin and the lady was busy on phone. She asked which AY was the notice for...i said 2015-16. Then her reply was "im busy with 2014-15" ..just submit the documents and leave your contact number. will get back to you later!

get "tapkal"....stamped photocopy of documents submitted.

Then i called my CA and he said that is what was expected. the IT ppl are busy and that it will take couple of months for any update on my issue. this can go until Dec 2017!

gosh! what pace is this?

I had anticipated questions, arguments and some information...but nothing...even before i could open my mouth...i was told to submit docs and that they'd get back to me later...in a few months!

there is a long way to go for the IT dept in this regards.
Ur issue will only be taken next year in may or june untill then chill..BTW i thought CA goes for their clients ??

DSM

Yep, Lucky and thankful I must say. I am sure even the IT Officers will be having some kind of internal feedback systems, where the pending vs resolved cases are considered. In a city like Mumbai, there will be a lot many priority or high value cases for the officers to look at, and investigating a trader whose transactions can be crossed checked with the exchange is just not worth wasting time. In smaller town and cities this may not be the case though. Hence depending upon the situation and circumstances, individual cases are decided. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Same thing in my case too , it seems only DSM sir got lucky and his assessment got completed in this year itself that too without greasing any palms :D

comm4300

Yep, Lucky and thankful I must say. I am sure even the IT Officers will be having some kind of internal feedback systems, where the pending vs resolved cases are considered. In a city like Mumbai, there will be a lot many priority or high value cases for the officers to look at, and investigating a trader whose transactions can be crossed checked with the exchange is just not worth wasting time. In smaller town and cities this may not be the case though. Hence depending upon the situation and circumstances, individual cases are decided. Anyway, all's well that ends well.
thank you DSM for sharing your experience and observations. these posts help sooth any nervousness that a trader might be feeling after seeing the Notice.