LIC FD Jeevan Suruchi Vs. KVP

Hi,

I am looking to invest in some debt (have enough equity in the portfolio). I was thinking to invest in KVP Rs. 1 lakh because it's interest rate is more than 9% but I learned that there is TDS deduction in KVP. How much is the TDS so I can evaluate if it is still a better option.

Recently I came to know that there is a new LIC FD policy Jeevan Nischay. An agent told me that it gives interest around 10% but I do not have enough info on it. Does anyone know anything about this LIC policy?

Please provide your suggestions or any better ideas you have regarding debt investment.

Thanks and Peace!

Last edited:

milind

Be very careful with those insurance folks since there is always a conflict of interest. I don't know any LIC scheme in pure debt that gives 10%. Please make sure this is not hybrid debt+equity. If hybrid, there are better options available in MF arena.

ratekhoj dot com has information about FDs, post office and other debt schemes.

-- Milind

Hi,

I am looking to invest in some debt (have enough equity in the portfolio). I was thinking to invest in KVP Rs. 1 lakh because it's interest rate is more than 9% but I learned that there is TDS deduction in KVP. How much is the TDS so I can evaluate if it is still a better option.

Recently I came to know that there is a new LIC FD policy Jeevan Nischay. An agent told me that it gives interest around 10% but I do not have enough info on it. Does anyone know anything about this LIC policy?

Please provide your suggestions or any better ideas you have regarding debt investment.

Thanks and Peace!