Lets start a complete opensource software for Traderji community members

preethi21

second....of course for serious traders ..10k to 15k is nothing...
I dont know whether i am a serious trader or not...

but each paisa is valid for me......

My Advice ...dont waste single penny on paid s/w ...:thumb::thumb:

Try Forexcontrol metatrader is free and live .. good s/w

(traders trades speaks than his words)

You are most welcome to go ahead with development of this project.

But just think for a minute.....why are we doing that ? for saving 10000 or 15000 which anyway is a one time cost. Instead of that why not use the same time and concentrate on learning trading and make many times that amount which you want to save.

So be clear in your mind whether you want your business to be trading and you are using the software to aid the main business of trading or you want your business to be selling software and you want to use trading as an aid to your main business of probably developing a software and selling it at reduced price and thereby making money......if you are the type who gets satisfaction in developing something new, then it makes sense but it does not make any business sense.

I see too many threads where the efforts are getting free data from X,Y ,Z or some other data vendor by cracking their code....it runs the risk of damaging your computer operating system, many times it gives errors ( this I learn from the reader's posts)...., but no authentic support is available......and we do all that for what ?? saving a paltry sum of Rs 600 per month ?? Is it worth for a serious trader ? Concentrate on markets and make serious money and not how to crack the data downloader and save Rs 600 per month.

Smart_trade
===================

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Even one of my friends asked me to develop an data extractor. Told him very clearly, " I am a trader now, not an IT guy ". And my other friend had spent some time in Linux to develop his own extractor. Now he dropped the idea of using his programming skills and focused on trading.

Last edited:
No way...I dont agree on this....

All other software are 10k to 50k .....while he is trying to make it open source.
Which will make it free for end users.

plus as ...it will be developed by traders ...nse eod , yahoo rt, google rt, plus odin data , nse now data , nest data ... can be integrated into the software itself.. ....which will make it click and use software..

..It will beat other software .....in terms price and performance ......

Guys I am supporting IT.....

It is Not reinventing a wheel...
IT IS IMPROVISING THE WHEEL .....

I THINK PROJECT SHOULD START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IT KICK THE COSTLY SOFTWARE MAKERS BUT....
======================

Hi Sunny1,

me - an electronics engineer, 10+ yrs IT, worked in India and abroad, have been working with complex scientific calculations in OpenSuse since 2009, now a FTT, six months old (new?) trader.

Hope you don't mind sharing my personal views.

For example,

You are an expert graphic designer, planning to start your own online studio. You would buy the whole Adobe CS x and start your work. [You cannot use cracked versions, if u are on a large scale]

Do you really spend time on developing a (better?) software than Adobe ? (in your free time) . I would not do that and concentrate on my graphics business.

Trading is about real time dynamics. Innit ? I might be wrong,I am sorry.

Good Luck !
=============================

======================

Hi Sunny1,

me - an electronics engineer, 10+ yrs IT, worked in India and abroad, have been working with complex scientific calculations in OpenSuse since 2009, now a FTT, six months old (new?) trader.

Hope you don't mind sharing my personal views.

For example,

You are an expert graphic designer, planning to start your own online studio. You would buy the whole Adobe CS x and start your work. [You cannot use cracked versions, if u are on a large scale]

Do you really spend time on developing a (better?) software than Adobe ? (in your free time) . I would not do that and concentrate on my graphics business.

Trading is about real time dynamics. Innit ? I might be wrong,I am sorry.

Good Luck !
=============================
Why are you sorry?

jallanankit

I think we r taking the wrong route..!!
We r talking of developing a trading system and not a platform(like amibroker or metastock)
I think its of use for all..!!
These r just My personal views..!!

susheel04

1.) Software Engineer(Developers and Testers)

2.) Market Analyst(Technical or Fundamental or Quantitative or PA):
I try to support for this two options but i think you should put some more guidelines of software for moving the thread fast.

Does your software access data from nseindia/yahoo/google?
Do users has a place to write our own trading system?
can we take data from your software to amibro,metastk,etc?
do you use 3party plug inns or code it yourself for user interfaces charts & indicators?

NTrader42

Hello

(The OP) NST started this thread and made all his / her posts on 3rd October last year, also her last post on TJ is same day, so continuing the discussion is like flogging a dead horse.

Those interested for / against the idea can always take an initiative and start a new thread :D

Cheers :thumb: