Lets start a complete opensource software for Traderji community members

Hello Everyone

I am Nishant a Software Engineer and am new to the world of trading ...

But I like the idea of developement of automated trading systems and would like to do what I can do ...
There are 2 open source alternatives of ami-broker
1. JStock
2. QTStock

Can't say how effective they are ...

friends i had my own custom charting app but it was big hassel for me. Iwas not able to concentrate on trading. When u have so many appsavailable for charting why shud u get a new one.

Wastage of energy i will say.

Sunny1

Amibroker,Metastock,Tradestation and many other established softwares are there. There are many data vendors who will charge Rs 600 to 1500 per month and feed the data to your Ami or Metastock....we are traders we should concentrate on trading well, developing trading methods etc and not try to re-invent the wheel and waste our time in developing charting or trading software....but if what you meant was computerised/automated trading systems.....most welcome.

I am in no way against any development...but feel that we should concentrate on our core competence and concentrate on trading.

I have all my support if others decide to develop any software.....

Just my 2 cents.....

Smart_trade
No way...I dont agree on this....

All other software are 10k to 50k .....while he is trying to make it open source.
Which will make it free for end users.

plus as ...it will be developed by traders ...nse eod , yahoo rt, google rt, plus odin data , nse now data , nest data ... can be integrated into the software itself.. ....which will make it click and use software..

..It will beat other software .....in terms price and performance ......

Guys I am supporting IT.....

It is Not reinventing a wheel...
IT IS IMPROVISING THE WHEEL .....

I THINK PROJECT SHOULD START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IT KICK THE COSTLY SOFTWARE MAKERS BUT....

No way...I dont agree on this....

All other software are 10k to 50k .....while he is trying to make it open source.
Which will make it free for end users.

plus as ...it will be developed by traders ...nse eod , yahoo rt, google rt, plus odin data , nse now data , nest data ... can be integrated into the software itself.. ....which will make it click and use software..

..It will beat other software .....in terms price and performance ......

Guys I am supporting IT.....

It is Not reinventing a wheel...
IT IS IMPROVISING THE WHEEL .....

I THINK PROJECT SHOULD START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IT KICK THE COSTLY SOFTWARE MAKERS BUT....
You are most welcome to go ahead with development of this project.

But just think for a minute.....why are we doing that ? for saving 10000 or 15000 which anyway is a one time cost. Instead of that why not use the same time and concentrate on learning trading and make many times that amount which you want to save.

So be clear in your mind whether you want your business to be trading and you are using the software to aid the main business of trading or you want your business to be selling software and you want to use trading as an aid to your main business of probably developing a software and selling it at reduced price and thereby making money......if you are the type who gets satisfaction in developing something new, then it makes sense but it does not make any business sense.

I see too many threads where the efforts are getting free data from X,Y ,Z or some other data vendor by cracking their code....it runs the risk of damaging your computer operating system, many times it gives errors ( this I learn from the reader's posts)...., but no authentic support is available......and we do all that for what ?? saving a paltry sum of Rs 600 per month ?? Is it worth for a serious trader ? Concentrate on markets and make serious money and not how to crack the data downloader and save Rs 600 per month.

Smart_trade

Sunny1

You are most welcome to go ahead with development of this project.

But just think for a minute.....why are we doing that ? for saving 10000 or 15000 which anyway is a one time cost. Instead of that why not use the same time and concentrate on learning trading and make many times that amount which you want to save.

So be clear in your mind whether you want your business to be trading and you are using the software to aid the main business of trading or you want your business to be selling software and you want to use trading as an aid to your main business of probably developing a software and selling it at reduced price and thereby making money......if you are the type who gets satisfaction in developing something new, then it makes sense but it does not make any business sense.

I see too many threads where the efforts are getting free data from X,Y ,Z or some other data vendor by cracking their code....it runs the risk of damaging your computer operating system, many times it gives errors ( this I learn from the reader's posts)...., but no authentic support is available......and we do all that for what ?? saving a paltry sum of Rs 600 per month ?? Is it worth for a serious trader ? Concentrate on markets and make serious money and not how to crack the data downloader and save Rs 600 per month.

Smart_trade
First ...we will not cut trading time for sake of software.....it will be done whenever we have free time..

second....of course for serious traders ..10k to 15k is nothing...but this software will help all the newbies.....it is not for one person but for all...so benefit could go in many lacs....not in k....

what ...selling software...stop dude...where are you going....
this software will be open source and free to all.....
and who told you that I am software seller?

I dont even know programing........

Yes I am interested in developing something new.....

cracking?....we are not cracking any software here.....
whats wrong?.........

First ...we will not cut trading time for sake of software.....it will be done whenever we have free time..

second....of course for serious traders ..10k to 15k is nothing...but this software will help all the newbies.....it is not for one person but for all...so benefit could go in many lacs....not in k....

what ...selling software...stop dude...where are you going....
this software will be open source and free to all.....
and who told you that I am software seller?

I dont even know programing........

Yes I am interested in developing something new.....

cracking?....we are not cracking any software here.....
whats wrong?.........
Cool down , my friend...don't react without reading my post carefully.

I have said that you have to decide whether you are a trader or a software developer and seller. I have never accused you of being a software seller. So don't read something which is not written and also not meant.

My observation about cracking the codes was that many people are spending inordinate amount of time and energy in getting cracked software and the same time and energy can be better utilised on concentrating on trading well. Now where does it say that you are cracking/pirating software ? or even this thread is cracking a software ? You are accusing me of having said something which I have not said anywhere in my post.

Hope you will read the post in right perspective.

Smart_trade

jallanankit

@ Nifty Strategic Trading..

I know this post has not received adequate response.. but still give a try..!! i m ready to help with watever work i can do..!!