Least brokerage for options

gatul

I currently use Indiabulls for options trading - they charge a minimum brokerage of Rs 100 or 2.5% whichever is higher. This is far too expensive and eats up a lot of profits.

Is there any other broker which charges lesser brokerage for options (similar to that for futures)?

Thanks
gatul

Reliance Money charges Rs. 2500 for 6cr. of trading. If an option lot is around Rs. 3 lakhs (like an RPL, 170 strike x 1675 lot size) you will pay Rs. 12.5 for hte brokerage. Remember though that transaction taxes/stamp duty (about 0.005% of (strike+premium) x lot size) and STT (0.017% of premium x lotsize, on the sell side, and 0.017%x * (cmp x lotsize) on the buy side only if you exercise) is extra.

RK Global charges Rs. 9/- per lot
Rs 9 per lot......?? thats it ? is it same for nifty options too ?

Coz currently i am paying Rs 100 per lot as brokerage everytime i buy or sell nifty options at India Infoline.

Rs 100 as brokerage for buying and Rs 100 as brokerage for selling.

:(

Quick Option Questions

Guys:
I am new to option trading, and have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a good site to get Nifty option quotes. I see them on the NSE site but I dont see a bid/ask price. Do they usually go off the "last price"

2. Also - for example - I see the May 5100 call at 94.95 84.00 93.70 90.00 82as High, low, prev close, last price and number of contracts traded resp.

Please excuse myt ignorance, but how does this work. If I choose to buy 1 contract, at Rs 90. How much do I have to come up with. Some sites say 50*90, some say 100 * 90.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It depends on lot size of the contract. Current for NIFTY is 50. So its 50*90. Earlier ir used to be 100, so it was 100*90.

Hope this helps
gatul

Re: Quick Option Questions

Guys:
I am new to option trading, and have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a good site to get Nifty option quotes. I see them on the NSE site but I dont see a bid/ask price. Do they usually go off the "last price"

2. Also - for example - I see the May 5100 call at 94.95 84.00 93.70 90.00 82as High, low, prev close, last price and number of contracts traded resp.

Please excuse myt ignorance, but how does this work. If I choose to buy 1 contract, at Rs 90. How much do I have to come up with. Some sites say 50*90, some say 100 * 90.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Check this http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/...JUN2008CA560.00&segment=FO&symbol=RCOM&flag=0

Go to http://www.nseindia.com/content/fo/foquote.htm
and enter the necessary details for an actively traded option contract.

Don't use "For an underlying" box

Use the "For a contract" choices :)