Learning Technical analysis

Dear Friends,

I am a very newbie to stock market and trying to gain knowledge learning technical analysis. Currently learned 200MA and 56EMA.

So dear friend, i want to know how shall i begin my leaning.? There are many technical indicators but honestly i dont want to make my chart look too complicated while analysing. So i wud really need ur all kind advice as how shall i begin my analysis and then later can build more knowledge upon it.

P.S. I knw there are many threads going around for technical analysis, but as a newbie it will make no sense to me reading all of them. So maybe sorting them with ur all kind suggestion might help me for good. :thumb:

Hi Jatin,
After the 200MA and 56EMA , try to learn Bollinger Bands. These bands are also useful to determine stock price variation.

Also let me know other TA tools as I'm too building my knowledge.

Regards,
Akshay

sanjosedesi

There is 2 type of learning. Practical which gives you rules you follow. Theoretical which takes a bit more time but gives you a good foundation.

If you are looking for this foundation, google for "chartered market technician". On the program website, it talks about 3 levels and "recommended reading". Read all of that, step by step, in the order prescribed.

http://www.mta.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=cmt-recommended-reading

There are equivalent programs from NSE etc., but I am more familiar with this hence that's what I used.

Thanks Akshay and Sanjose. Will surely follow ur advice.

I always wonder tat does Technical analysis really work in our Indian market coz as we know, our market is more 'Jhool' driven. Wats ur thought.?

Rkji

dear jatin,

i had started my t.a learning journey at traderji.com, the most interesting website on trading on the internet, with the popular thread by a member called 'Saint' by the name of ' teach a man to fish and ... '.

please visit here

go through that thread which has more than 500 ' thank you ' tags & be persistent in reading some chapters every day at a pace you can consistently follow.

kind regards,
rishi

I am a very newbie to stock market and trying to gain knowledge learning technical analysis.

Last edited:
Take a look at this article- How to Use Technical Analysis in Forex and Stock Trading?

Am sure that this will help you a lot in understanding the technical analysis

_http://www.forexoma.com/how-to-use-technical-analysis-in-forex-and-stock-trading/

I am also a newbie but i believe stock trading is an ART not a science.
An art like other arts - eg Photography , painting , writing cant be learn t unless you work with it , you make mistakes and then be more and more patient to learn.

Mere reading books is always okay but you will need 3-4 years only to read all Beginners stuff , Stocks For dummies type of books. Then you may try mid-level books and then high level books. You can do that if you are very young and start at very early stage of life.Or you can join an institution of stock trading.

Its always better to read a book and simultaneously learn to invest Rs 1000 and earn Rs 50. My own vision.