Learn How To Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,
Many came in to this thread and started trading this method...don't know how many are trading this method!!!!any one trading this method since long @least for 3 months continuesly without deviating rules?please share your experience....I think very rarely one traded like above ..:)
One must need to trade any method(tested ones)for long time which only give you the consistency which need gud discipline and patience.... I seen many started this method and then later left searching other one ...system hoping :D
Hi vjay brother, I cannot thank you enough to teach this pivot system and mentoring me, thanks sunny (MSN1979), who roped us all together :cool:... It’s been 18 months, since we started interacting thru this system,,, hope u remember that i told I’m going to trade this system for next one year, else I will quit trading … I’m trading the same method, I not deviate anywhere.. Just sharing something what I learnt thru this year...
  • Learning the marking of structural pivots without any errors.
  • Identifying the structure with minor pivots, visual pivots, minor trend, visual trend sideways etc.
  • Learning the defined entries, SL and executing the same in real time account without any errors.
  • All the above took 6 months for me to do this in live without errors... over these period I have not loss any and I not made any profits too..
  • Then I realized that I need to reduce my losses small ... I started working on that and defined some rules to scratch a trade if not goes in my favor.
  • Trade management is where I was weak that time, due to that I closed good trades earlier...So I started using PPB for my psychological comfort, and learning the trade management in the meantime..I did many back tests daily to learn trade management, whenever boring then I kill time by doing bactests .
  • All these took 10-12 months overall ... I take entry right, scratch if goes wrong as per my rule, did PPB as per rule, exits as per rule... I have gained good confidence over this period. Vjay bro has supported me full extent in this period of time...
  • Then I increased my trade size , where my problem starts , I got hit:confused: , seeing big losses than usual , mind collapse , I started doubting the system , doubting the entries , doubting the trades I ended up in huge loss in that month by missing good trades .:banghead: vjay bro clearly pointed out my mistake that I started doubting the system, ..
  • Luckily I found out my issue so earlier, that my problem is I’m not comfortable in taking counter trades so that I decided to take only trend trade with defined entries and exits.
  • In the same period of time I got an opportunity to meet a legend trader madan anna from Chennai, he hammered many things in my head that day... It’s full of trader’s psychological part and drawdown part...
  • I removed all counter trade setups where I struggled and I started trading only the trend setups with derived Money management plan to my psychology with calculated DD and right trading size to capital...
  • With right MM plan to my psychology so far I traded 4 months, going pretty decent, and everything is in my control. All this journey took 15 months. I not made big money but overall I gained good confidence and I understood what is trading system, what is more important than system...
  • Presently Inspired from Madan anna , tried increasing the trade size, but facing operational issues like order not filling for some trades in my trading scrip (Tata steel). So decided to move NIFTY and doing backtesing in it (where I didn’t get comfortable results in first round on lower volatile periods and number of trades also high). Adding some filters to control the trade numbers and working out to get decent results to start trade in NIFTY. Hoping it take another 6-9 months to get sit on the NIFTY...

• Thanks everyone

Last edited:

VJAY

Hi vjay brother, I cannot thank you enough to teach this pivot system and mentoring me, thanks sunny (MSN1974), who roped us all together :cool:... It’s been 18 months, we started interacting thru this system,,, hope u remember that i told I’m going to trade this system for next one year, else I will quit trading … I’m trading the same method, I not deviate anywhere.. Just sharing something what I learnt thru this year...
  • Learning the marking of structural pivots without any errors.
  • Identifying the structure with minor pivots, visual pivots, minor trend, visual trend sideways etc.
  • Learning the defined entries, SL and executing the same in real time account without any errors.
  • All the above took 6 months for me to do this in live without errors... over these period I have not loss any and I not made any profits too..
  • Then I realized that I need to reduce my losses small ... I started working that and defined some rules to scratch a trade if not goes in my favor.
  • Trade management is where I was weak that time, due to that I closed good trades earlier...So I started using PPB for my psychological comfort, and learning the trade management in the meantime..I did many back tests daily to learn trade management, whenever boring then I kill time by doing bactests .
  • All these took 10-12 months overall ... I take entry right, scratch if goes wrong as per my rule, did PPB as per rule, exits as per rule... I have gained good confidence over this period. Vjay bro has supported me full extent in this period of time...
  • Then I increased my trade size , where my problem starts , I got hit:confused: , seeing big losses than usual , mind collapse , I started doubting the system , doubting the entries , doubting the trades I ended up in huge loss in that month by missing good trades .:banghead: vjay bro clearly pointed out my mistake that I started doubting the system, ..
  • Luckily I found out my issue so earlier, that my problem is I’m not comfortable in taking counter trades so that I decided to take only trend trade with defined entries and exits.
  • In the same period of time I got an opportunity to meet a legend trader madan anna from Chennai, he hammered many things in my head that day... It’s full of trader’s psychological part and drawdown part...
  • I removed all counter trade setups where I struggled and I started trading only the trend setups with derived Money management plan to my psychology with calculated DD and right trading size to capital...
  • With right MM plan to my psychology so far I traded 4 months, going pretty decent, and everything is in my control. All this journey took 15 months. I not made big money but overall I gained good confidence and I understood what is trading system, what is more important than system...
  • Presently Inspired from Madan anna , tried increasing the trade size, but facing operational issues like order not filling for some trades in my trading scrip (Tata steel). So decided to move NIFTY and doing backtesing in it (where I didn’t get comfortable results in first round on lower volatile periods and number of trades also high). Adding some filters to control the trade numbers and working out to get decent results to start trade in NIFTY. Hoping it take another 6-9 months to get sit on the NIFTY...

• Thanks everyone
Thanks vivek....a honest explanations.... Am sure you are the one who got it really in great way...

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
On the day trading forum people are talking about meeting up. Would love a pivot trader’s meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different thread does not mean different group.Most of price action traders trade similar concepts with different names.All traders are welcome to meet.Sharing ideas and learning is the idea.Hence always welcome.
Many of the meet doe not happen because there are not sufficient numbers or all are not free on the same date. I am happy to meet in Hyd,Mumbai or Pune. J

XRAY27

Different thread does not mean different group.Most of price action traders trade similar concepts with different names.All traders are welcome to meet.Sharing ideas and learning is the idea.Hence always welcome.
Many of the meet doe not happen because there are not sufficient numbers or all are not free on the same date. I am happy to meet in Hyd,Mumbai or Pune. J
I have attended hyd meetup in 2014,Good one, i had discussed my setups ,other shared there ways,..i and manish became good friends , Meetups adds lot of values for newbies ,if pro is there in the meetup ,it will reduce the learning curve a lot..

HYD MEET UP

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I have attended hyd meetup in 2014,Good one, i had discussed my setups ,other shared there ways,..i and manish became good friends , Meetups adds lot of values for newbies ,if pro is there in the meetup ,it will reduce the learning curve a lot..

HYD MEET UP
Would you be open to the idea to meet up.Would be honored to.

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Yes xray Bro. I am ready to share my thoughts and findings on the market. Also open to learning new things. But some people behave like elite who need an appointment and recommendation from established ppl. I could not care less. I made my path. In life and trading career. I am always a lone wolf. and an iconoclast.

Status
Not open for further replies.