Leadership With A Difference..!

From Bob's banter:

Quote...

Politicians in India are a despised lot today. They have absolutely no leadership qualities, are totally corrupt and have no care or concern for anybody other than themselves and of course oops their families.

But one man has over the past few years impressed the nation as being different and this little story talks about him:

Scientists at the rocket launching station in Thumba, were in the habit of working for nearly 12 to 18 hours a day. There were about seventy such scientists working on a project. All the scientists were really frustrated due to the pressure of work and the demands of their boss but everyone was loyal to him and did not think of quitting the job.

One day, a scientist came to his boss and told him, "Sir, I promised to take my children for an exhibition going on in our township. Could I leave by 5 30 pm?"

His boss gave him permission to do so.
The scientist thereupon went back to his work. He continued working after lunch and as usual he got so involved in what he was doing that when he looked at his watch he realized it was 8.30 pm. Suddenly he remembered the promise he had given to his children. He looked for his boss. He was not there and so he closed everything and left for home.

Deep within himself, he felt guilty for having disappointed his children.

He reached home. His children were not there and only his wife sat in the hall reading magazines. The situation he felt was explosive; any talk would boomerang on him.

His wife asked, "Would you like to have coffee or shall I serve you dinner straight away if you are hungry?"
The scientist sheepishly replied that if she would like to have coffee, he too would and then enquired meekly of the children.

His wife with a surprised look on her face replied, "You don't know?"

"Know what?" asked the husband.

"Your boss came at 5 15 pm and took the children for the exhibition!"

What had really happened was that his boss who had given him permission to leave early had noticed him working seriously at 5.00 p.m. He had realized that this man would not leave work till he finished the project though he had promised his children to take them for the exhibition. So he had taken the lead and taken the eager children for their outing!

The man in charge need not have done such an act of kindness and thoughtfulness but once it was done loyalty was established, because all the scientists knew they had a boss who cared. That is why all the scientists at Thumba continued to work under him even though stress there was tremendous.

Can you guess who the boss was?

Yes my friends, he was Abdul Kalam, today the President of India..!

...Unquote

More on our President

I received a monthly magazine from Coimbatore which contained certain details of Mr.Abdul Kalam's visit to Coimbatore.

There he visited his old college mate Mr.Sampat Kumar (I am quoting out of memory- I may be pardoned if I have not got the name correctly).

Then he also invited one Mr.Arun Gokuldass, who donated blood more than 100 times and congratulated Mr.Arun Gokuldass for the selfless donation, he had been doing.

What more proof do you need that India is in safe hands (Mr.Kalam and Mr.Manmohan Singh)

Hope that the corrupt politicians of India will leave Man Mohan Singh alone and let him do his job. Under his leadership and guidance India can make lot of progress.

I have read allot about Abdul Kalam, all I can say is that India and we as a whole nation are lucky to have him as our president.

Wastej