Latest brokerage charges

Hi all,
I am completely new in the trading scenario and to tell u the truth i have absolutely no idea about the entire process.

I've heard that brokerage charges are one of the main aspects for selecting a good broker.
What I'm looking for is the latest brokerage charges by the following firms,

• ICICI Direct
  • Sharekhan
  • India Infoline (5paisa)
  • Kotak Securities
  • Motilal Oswal
  • IndiaBulls
  • Reliance Money
  • Religare
  • HDFC Securities
  • IDBI PaisaBuilder

If possible could you please provide me with some table which will help me analyze and select the broker more easily.

Awaiting your revertal,

Thanks a ton,

columbus

Hi all,
I am completely new in the trading scenario and to tell u the truth i have absolutely no idea about the entire process.

I've heard that brokerage charges are one of the main aspects for selecting a good broker.
What I'm looking for is the latest brokerage charges by the following firms,

• ICICI Direct
  • Sharekhan
  • India Infoline (5paisa)
  • Kotak Securities
  • Motilal Oswal
  • IndiaBulls
  • Reliance Money
  • Religare
  • HDFC Securities
  • IDBI PaisaBuilder

If possible could you please provide me with some table which will help me analyze and select the broker more easily.

Awaiting your revertal,

Thanks a ton,
Though I am trading on Sharkhan another platform, from different users ,I am given to understand that TRADE TIGER of sharkhan appears to be good.I want to shift to TradeTiger shortly.

Moreover it is not the broker ,but the way you trade is most important.

^^ True...thanks for ur views...i need you ppl to guide me...

i'd hate to make an investment and loose that money...

STILL please be kind enough to share a list of brokerage charges by the above mentioned brokers...i'd be obliged..

Regards

Dear,

From your list:-

"Reliance Money is the cheapest and "ICICIDirect" is the most expensive. Platforms are more or less same. Both are having advantages and disadvantages of their own.

Basudeo

all the broking firms have different slabs of brokerage. it basically depends on the plan you choose. for example, sharekhan trade tiger has 3 or 4 prepaid plans apart to the regular postpaid plans.

rvm123

i wonder why at all we should make a fuss of the brokerage charges. after all it may vary in a very minor percentage. if u are selecting a scrip correctly, the gain will be much more and brokerage will be highly insignificant.

rvm123, discussing brokerage structure is right, and we should do it as much as we can, because, even if i buy a share suppose J P ASSOCIATES at 238 and sell it at 242, i get only 800 Rs. while sharekhan gets more than me, he gets 1600 in brokerage

so selecting proper plan is necessary, so i am also in search of low brokerages without much prepaid money to pour in

sharekhan has:

normal plan: 0.5 % delivery , dunno about intraday

plan 2000 : 0.4 % for delivery and 0.07% intraday (intraday is charged for first leg, means only for buy order)

plan 6000: 0.25% delivery and 0.05% intraday-first-leg

plan 12000: 0.2 % delivery and 0.04% intraday-first-leg

plan 24000.........to plan 100000 is available

note for newcomers: this plan money will be adjusted in your brokerage, and if u have to pay 2000 as brokerage calculated till the end of the year, it will be waved off from the plan 2000 that u invested in. the plan is for 12 months

angel broking is better than sharekhan, they charge exactly the same brokerage of sharekhan, but 1000 less in each plan and 0.01 % less in structure

let me know some other brokers and their percentages plz

hope this info is usefull to some

veluri1967

I have an account with Indiabulls.

The brokerage rates are as follows "-

intraday -0.03
delivery - 0.3

The most important thing to understand is that about other levies.
Normally, we think that if we trade suppose intraday with the above brokerage structure

our total brokerage should be 0.06 (both Buy and Sell) where as it is not so.

Donot get horrified, if i reveal the actuals.

It is a whopping 0.137%.

To understand it in a better way, i will give an example.

Suppose, you buy and sell one lakh worth of shares on intraday. then at 0.06 you are supposed to pay rs.60. but in actual you are paying rs.137.

I have not tried futures, options, delivery. I will come to know about them when I actually trade them. Before that, we donot know because actuals are different from what they claim to be.

Mangafreakz

Yes Veluri , actually there are Service tax and also the high STT charges of ( 0.125% on transaction costs each side for cash delivery , etc)