Latest Broker comparison 2009 - ICICI/ ShareKhan/ Religare/ Indiabulls/ 5paisa etc

Hi all,

I am totally new to the Share market and would like to be a small volume investor (and at times trader but most investor). Just got a job so don't have much Capital upfront but would like to invest 5k - 10k per month on a diverse portfolio.

The problem here is I can't seem to be zeroed on the right broker house. My conditions will be-
1. I don't want to run around for transactional delays and errors, for this i relatively like a setup like ICICI's.
2. I will be dealing in small volumes of different stocks and of relatively less money, lets say not more than 10k per month (atleast for now). Does the brokerage matter? If it does, of course I would want a less fee
3. I don't want to give any commitments on volume or brokerage.
4. Does the speed, and online live stream quotes matter to me as the portfolio mentioned above. I wont be doning any intraday or marginal trading.

I don't want the best broker for all, I want the right broker for me. Please help, as I am new and coming here with much hope.

p.s. I have found many threads here with the comparisons and reviews, but they ll are pretty old, some date back to 2005. So I would be extremely grateful if someone can give me an updated comparison, as the infrastructure and fee must've changed for good or bad now.

Waiting very eagerly,

Pallab :)

Re: Latest Broker comparison 2009 - ICICI/ ShareKhan/ Religare/ Indiabulls/ 5paisa et

Never open an account with those brokers who are not giving application based sofware platform to its retail clients. Because browser based trading platforms are usually with full of bugs. It never suitable for a trader kind of people who trades quite frequently. Always choose an applicatin based trading platform. Don't look at brokerage structures. Higher the brokerage greater the service. This is my experience of 8 years. Choose among INDIABULLS, SHAREKHAN, MOTILAL OSWAL, INDIA INFOLINE, KOTAK SECURITIES, ANGEL BROKING, IL & FS INVESTMART, RELIGARE, ANAND RATHI, MANSUKH, MANGAL KESHAV, EMKAY SHARE etc.
:clap: HAPPY INVESTING.

Re: Latest Broker comparison 2009 - ICICI/ ShareKhan/ Religare/ Indiabulls/ 5paisa et

Hi,

thanks for the advice. Just wanted to inquire about ICICI Direct, don't they have an application or software to trade shares window, or you have to use browser?

I have heard a lot of good views about the, moreover the 3 a/c s scheme. But I guess tehre's a downside to this facility - like they have direct and easy access to your money? What say?

At last, can you help me zeroing on one broker -

1. absolutely hassle-free
2. for less transaction lets say up to a max of 20k-25k transaction a month (for now at least). Expect a 10k-15k trans normally.
3. data accuracy

these are the three criteria. Does any of the ones you've mentioned come closest to these criteria - one broker, or maybe two?

Thank you again,
pallab

iTrade

Go with Indiabulls or Sharekhan. Forget others

-Ganesh

Last edited:

Right. I hv experiene with over 10 brokers. Tried one after another. No one is best. But when compared with others, Sharekhan and India Bulls are better option. Software of India Bull is much better. Brokerage depends upon volume.

bangerabs,

Bangerabs, after ur volume decresed did they tried to contact u just like every broker do and did they say that ur brokerage will be increased due to low volumes.....did they "force" to trade for heavy volumes .....any problems from their side due to lower volumes.....pls comment....also comment abt ur exp on security token.....

veluri1967

I have been using Power India Bulls for the last three months or so. I am not a regular trader. My volumes are low. They never insisted me to increase my volumes. However my brokerage slab is zero point zero three intraday.
The drawback with Indiabulls software is it doesnot display backfill data and so the indicators often start after one hour of trding starts.

I am planning to Sharekhans software to compensate for the same. The brokerage is also low ie zero point zero two.

Can anyone through on this point.

Hi Trader 31339 ji,

India Bull did not change my brokerage nor insisted for higher volume. At present I do not hv any sort of problem. Only draw back with India Bulls s/w is: one can not hv more than 50 scrips in watch list, After Mkt. Hrs. are limited to 10 orders and above all it is sent market very late, every one hr. u need to have some action on the s/w, else it automatically gets logged off. Best part of the system is : one can trade any amount, even if it is below 10/- and the brokerage charged is proportionate.

alroyraj

I have been using Power India Bulls for the last three months or so. I am not a regular trader. My volumes are low. They never insisted me to increase my volumes. However my brokerage slab is zero point zero three intraday.
The drawback with Indiabulls software is it doesnot display backfill data and so the indicators often start after one hour of trding starts.

I am planning to Sharekhans software to compensate for the same. The brokerage is also low ie zero point zero two.

Can anyone through on this point.
Indiabulls and Sharekhan have the same problem but not to worry. This is solved by enabling the 'Sync' feature. For Indiabulls, the settings are stored on the server so by enabling the sync (synchronising ) feature the data is obtained. Go through previous posts. :thumb: