laptop for trading

I want to change my 4 year old lappy with new one, mainly for charting softwares, data analysis etc. only.
Now many models are available from i3 to i9 capacity, from 32bit to 64bit and so on and so forth.
Kindly guide the best economical configuration for a new generation Lappy.
also pls guide whether it would be worth to buy 64bit or 32bit. I am told that 64bit is faster and better but many trading s/wares do not work /compatible with it.
Thank you
hello sir ,
yesterday I brought my new low budget trading laptop from Snapdeal......

In my Samsung Laptop I got Intel Dual core 2117U processor ,( chose U class processor for extend battery back up , consume only 17w ),
4 GB of RAM 1600 mhz
15.6 led screen
500GB HDD
Win 7 profanation 64 bit ( genuine )
Ms Office 2010 business 64 bit ( genuine )
Kaspersky internet security 2013 .

All this cost me near about 45 k ....

last allwaz use genuine version of software it's good for ur digital security..

hope this info will help u 4 choosing ur trading laptop ........

regards
AnAtheist:)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
hello sir ,
yesterday I brought my new low budget trading laptop from Snapdeal......

In my Samsung Laptop I got Intel Dual core 2117U processor ,( chose U class processor for extend battery back up , consume only 17w ),
4 GB of RAM 1600 mhz
15.6 led screen
500GB HDD
Win 7 profanation 64 bit ( genuine )
Ms Office 2010 business 64 bit ( genuine )
Kaspersky internet security 2013 .

regards
battery time = ?

AA bhai can u post your model no of the the laptop.
it's Samsung series 3 laptop ........

u can visit below links for more info ....

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sam...648?brandStoreID=Samsung_Laptops_product_2;60

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np3...B2KD&ref=c1f8ac25-d34e-4891-8bd8-b25845453dad

if u wanna go with Intel i3 processor u can look below link . I think it is ideal for trading .......:thumb:

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspir...Z8Q7&ref=fd857c52-db9b-426f-9ad1-dfea351d45dd

regards

in power saver mode u can get 5+ hrs for normal office work ...:thumb:
in wifi + power saver mode at least 4+ hrs with nest trader + ami + data feed ....
in power saver mode + 3g deanage most battery and only last for 3 to 3.5 hrs ... :(

my laptop battery is 6 cell li polymer 4400mah with 48w power adapter .....

u can get more back up If u use dell laptop cz it has 5200mah battery with 65w power adapter ...

if u increase RAM and decreased LED brightness i think this may give a little longer battery back up ........

laptop LED use 40 % of it's battery , 15 % by it's processer and 20% by HDD ...
if u replace HDD with SSD and add more RAM thats increase ur laptop speed and battery power both ......

Regards

Assuming you want to understand how to setup a trading laptop / workstation. This isnt just about getting a laptop -

My advice is to get a inverter + UPS to help out with ensuring a clean power supply. My workstation + backup laptop stay up even with 6-8 hour power cuts that I sometimes suffer.

For internet connectivity get a healthy broadband ( wired) and a wireless router. For backup use Reliance Netconnect with a prepaid pack to keep costs low ( this is wireless).

BTW, make sure you have genuine MS Windows and update your OS regularly. Enable a rock solid anti-virus on your machine ( Norton works fine for me but some hate it).

BTW, why workstation - try adding multiple monitors to your laptop or large high speed drives. Screen estate, memory and processor power are precious.Keep the laptop as backup in case needed. BTW, a workstation gives far more bang for buck than a laptop especially towards the high end market.

Giraffe

Be carefull if you plant to use more than one additional monitors with your laptop.
Most lower end laptops might not support more than 2 monitors at a time (2 external or 1 external + 1 internal).
If you want to add 2 monitors in addition to internal display, making all 3 work at same time, make sure that the internal display is running of eDP (embedded display port). Otherwise it won't run more than 2 monitors in total.
The 4th gen intel core processors I think will run 3 displays irrespective of which port, but I am not sure of this.

A laptop is not a concern for trading. The concern is the internet speed and latency. Make sure you opt for a good internet plan and avoid using the wireless module when trading.

RDutt

It has been almost one year, when this thread came to standstill. within this one year many new upgraded version have taken birth in laptop segment from i3 to, I heard, i9 is also likely to be launched. So the question again remains, which the best and economical laptop for trading, now a days. Anyone please,