Laptop Error help

amitrandive

a ) for over heating of a laptop::: simple home remedy i am using it since 5 years.....use any stool, small bath-platic chair( upside down) and keep laptop on top of it. Laptop wont restart bcoz of heating.

------------ expecting ur system not infected with anything then -------

b) for random shutdowns, one of many reasons could be multiple browsers,multiple anti virus-anti spyware,mutiple firewalls......or latest updation of os path or security or browsers of any other application that could be conflicting.

remedy to this.......if recently installed something ,uninstall it and try. if u keep restore points then u can try system restore. First check restore points, If done incorrectly to old restore points u would losse all the installations after that point.

most of the time in windows such problems arise couse of multiple browser conflict(uninstall the latest one).....use the tool WhoCrashed v 5.50 mentioned by friend above.....i most of the time faced issues with crome(for firefox use latest patch update).

if the issue is bcoz of performance of the system, kill unwanted applications running and customize ur system for best performance instead of best appearance. Your system wont restart or shutdown , on top of it, it will work better.
Thanks for detailed reply,following things I do regularly.

1)Remove unnecessary temp files-Weekly
2)Use only one browser
3)Use only one AntiVirus.
4)During market hours keep only max 3 applications running.
5)Keep a log of latest installed software,generally do not load anything new,just updated versions of free software like Java,Firefox,etc.
6)Search the event viewer in cases of crash and try to find the remedy online.
7)Window update is automatic.Generally we do not know which to update and which to not.
8)Don't generally watch streaming videos of youtube or other sites which sometimes have lead to crashes.
:D

amitrandive

Amit, A few months ago I had the same problem where my laptop kept crashing for no reason. I sent it for a hardware check i.e over heating, motherboard etc etc and it came back clean without any probs but the crashing problem still persisted.

After a week of frustration I realized firefox was the culprit. Just uninstall it. Have another browser like chrome so you can download the firefox setup files later. Reinstall firefox. You never know. It just maybe a software that crashing your hardware like in my case.
Thanks for this , done the same things as you.
Updated the RAM,changed the battery and sent the laptop for servicing just 3 weeks back.

Still the issue persists and gives not required headache.:mad:

Riskyman

Updated the RAM,changed the battery and sent the laptop for servicing just 3 weeks back.

Have you reinstalled firefox? It has a lot of plug-ins that hang and cause crashes. if you haven't done please give it a go as it takes less then 10 mins. worth the effort if you can eliminate firefox being the culprit. cheers

Final choice to stop it: Buy a new, up today laptop and that's it. End of story and amen. :)

Blackhole

or
uninstall all the browsers(externally installed) ....unistall all the unwanted application.....use registry cleaner....and delete all the folders created by application which are uninstalled and still have some files not required by u.

and

use vmware or any virtualbox with least configuration
( install other os on it say xp/vista...use it purely for browsing)

...if anything goes bad with browsers/antivirus /spywares /shutdowns restart...
it will be done on other os(vmware)...

thus it will not disturb ur trading or main OS....

i have same arrangement on my system...i use 1gb for vista inside vmplayer and use it only for browsing....Now my main os is win 7....i even use fedora / red hat in other vmware for other works.

hope this helps

Blackhole

Thanks for detailed reply,following things I do regularly.

1)Remove unnecessary temp files-Weekly
2)Use only one browser
3)Use only one AntiVirus.
4)During market hours keep only max 3 applications running.
5)Keep a log of latest installed software,generally do not load anything new,just updated versions of free software like Java,Firefox,etc.
6)Search the event viewer in cases of crash and try to find the remedy online.
7)Window update is automatic.Generally we do not know which to update and which to not.
8)Don't generally watch streaming videos of youtube or other sites which sometimes have lead to crashes.
:D

stop all the updates, be it java,os,browsers ,addons! specially stop windows update, only update when needed(manually).....select only what u need to update.

if only one browser then uninstall it, delete associated folders, use registry cleaners if u have or if u know then delete associated registry manually.....download fresh copy of browser from site install it with update if it have....stop auto update feature....even if u see google update or any update service up just kill it.
avoid connecting external usb,mobile phone to ur trading system, even bluetooth or wifi if any.

hope this helps.

Blackhole

@Blackhole

You forgot to mention about the CPU's you need in any laptop to do what you recommended to still have a fast OS. And he has a laptop, at least at the moment, until he smashed it with the next hammer to have at least once fun with his laptop and not only headache about it. :D

http://www.traderji.com/software-issues/70091-cyber-security-31.html#post1089680

Take care / Dan :)
:lol:

well if one is using only one browser or only one software for trading... then simple dual core(1.5 gz with 2 mb ram ) can do with 2 os...if needed one can use xp with 512mb for browsing...

it will work if only one trading software is used..i tried in above mentioned configuration successfuly...

with more cores more speed or more ram one can use 4/5 os or 4/5 terminals together only during peak hr data streaming might jumble up......in fact it normally does in our markets even in just one terminals

i am using it now. just use one firewall and customize system for performance.

or
uninstall all the browsers(externally installed) ....unistall all the unwanted application.....use registry cleaner....and delete all the folders created by application which are uninstalled and still have some files not required by u.

and

use vmware or any virtualbox with least configuration
( install other os on it say xp/vista...use it purely for browsing)

...if anything goes bad with browsers/antivirus /spywares /shutdowns restart...
it will be done on other os(vmware)...

thus it will not disturb ur trading or main OS....

i have same arrangement on my system...i use 1gb for vista inside vmplayer and use it only for browsing....Now my main os is win 7....i even use fedora / red hat in other vmware for other works.

hope this helps
@Blackhole

Would this link be fine for what you mentioned? Is the latest date possible the one to choose? https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/se...download_en&gsa_lang=en&c=ALL&q=vmware+player

Second question:

Is this a link to follow when doing the installation: http://www.wikihow.com/Install-VMware-and-Use-VMware-to-Install-Ubuntu

Just a quick confirmation from your side would be nice.

Take care / Dan :)