KYC process for NRIs

Hi,

I have received notification from ICICIDirect to complete KYC process and to submit the form along with the relevant documents.
I am an NRI currently and the address with ICICIDirect is no longer relevant. However, it has my valid PAN details. As a part of KYC compliance, they have asked to submit:
1. PAN Card,
2. Address Proof for both India and abroad addresses,
3. Passport copy.

I was on CVLIndia's website and found out that passport copy should be attested. Is it true?
I searched on Indian Embessy's website, but could not find any link indicating that they attest the passport. Any help?

Also, how to get my abroad address attested?

rajeabc

Hi,

I have received notification from ICICIDirect to complete KYC process and to submit the form along with the relevant documents.
I am an NRI currently and the address with ICICIDirect is no longer relevant. However, it has my valid PAN details. As a part of KYC compliance, they have asked to submit:
1. PAN Card,
3. Passport copy.

I was on CVLIndia's website and found out that passport copy should be attested. Is it true?
I searched on Indian Embessy's website, but could not find any link indicating that they attest the passport. Any help?

all Embassies have services which also include attestation or passport or any other documents. Otherwise you can get it done from a notary in your city.. But try to get it done at embassy.

milind

In India, self attestation is enough, but then they verify with originals at the place you've to submit the forms. You may want to check with CVL help desk directly.

--

Hi,

1. PAN Card,
3. Passport copy.

Hi,

1. PAN Card,
3. Passport copy.

Try to get the attestation from embassy... Or else there are lawyers (notary ) who can attest passports.. I know one such guy in chennai... Actually i got attestation from him for the verification of marriage and my daughters birth certificate which was accepted in abroad...

yodlee99

I think, a NRI can self-attest a copy of their PAN card and KYC form, if this is a NRE/NRO account. This is what I heard, but not sure about it. Call icicidirect helpline.

Hi,

1. PAN Card,
3. Passport copy.