KST and CCI zero line cross overs combined with ema 15 on 100 minute charts

Klewtar

@Ayush, CCI (more easier to use CCI arrows add on if on MT) and ADX is available in MT4 but I don't think the time can be adjusted to 100 minutes. ADX on MT performs better on 4 hour time frames than 1 hour time frames.

Klewtar

I've simplified the above system. I've removed ADX since it made things too complicated.

Use EOD 3 15's cross over to select trend direction. (ema 5 and ema 8 or any other ema combination can be used as well.)
Use 60 minutes of KST or CCI 0 red line cross overs to enter or exit (RSI red line crossing the 50 mark can be used as well) based on trend direction.

The above is best suited for commodities (or stocks) that trend.

Buy when:
-Daily chart has ema 3 above ema 15
-60 min KST red line is above 0 (exit when red line below 0 and re-enter when red line returns to more than 0)

Short when:
-Daily chart has ema 3 below ema 15
-60 min KST red line is below 0 (exit when red line goes above 0 and re-enter when red line returns to less than 0)

The system is ok with Aluminium. Some benefit from using in Zinc and Lead (reduces some losses from whipsaws in daily moving average, cross overs.)

The system does not work well with WTI crude oil, Copper and Nickel.

saivenkat

Instead of EMA.. imo .. weighted moving averages can be used..

It would be much smoother..

And if time permits could u come up with charts..:)

Klewtar

@saivenkat, I'm not sure what values to use for WMA's on daily charts. I chose EOD 315 with its EMAs because it is a proven system and I wanted a way to minimize losses from whips and maximize profits during trend reversals.

@prabhsingh, for equities you can try ITC and Sun Pharmacy. For these 2 scrips, it's best to only go long. EOD 315 + and 60 min KST +

Last edited: