KOTAK Life Insurance Issueed Policy on FORGED Signatures on of Premium of another Pol

Subject:- Forced Migration from one policy(no.:- 01335971) Client ID 52107562, KOTAK SMART Advantage (107L043V01) to another policy(no.:- 02075352), Client ID 53972055, KOTAK Super Advantage (UIN-107L058V01) by KOTAK LIFE Insurance on FORGED SIGNATURES.
Dear Learned Friends, I need UR help & guidance on following:-

1. I had a policy no.:- policy(no.:- 01335971) Client ID 52107562, KOTAK SMART Advantage (107L043V01) dated 04/10/2008 Against an annual sum of Rs.36,000.00 with due date of October of every year. I had paid up two installments i.e. a sum of Rs.72,000.00.

2. In July,2010 I got a reminder telephone call from a support staff of KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE explaining me the scheme that since the ban on ULIP is now lifted by the Govt. of India. So, KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE has a scheme that if you make a pre-payment of the due installment of Rs.36,000.00 in month of July,2010 against the due date of October,2010 then I shall be entitled for an assured sum of Rs.1,50,000.00 in January,2011. (i.e. Rs.72000 paid upto Oct.2009 + Rs.36000 paid in July,2010 = Rs.1,08,000.00).

3. They sent a messenger at my residence to collect the payment which I paid vide cheque no.:-822546 dated:-28/07/2010 Amounting to Rs.36,000.00 drawn on HDFC Bank xxxxxxx Delhi in favour of KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE Policy No.:- 01335971. On 06.08.2010, I received a policy no.:- 02075352, Client ID 53972055, KOTAK Super Advantage (UIN-107L058V01) dated :- 02/08/2010. After going through the policy I found that it was issued on my forged signatures. I had never made any request for such migration/ issuance.

After going thru the new policy I observed that the last few pages of the policy contain the scanned image of 8 nos page of form no.:- KP 02075352 which reflects my forged signatures invariably on all pages.

I want to sue the KOTAK Life Insurance under section 420 of Indian Penal Code & compensation, please guide where to approach & how?

Please help me ur guidance is valuable to me.

Last edited:
Re: KOTAK Life Insurance Issueed Policy on FORGED Signatures on of Premium of another

Every Insurance policy comes with a period (probably 15 days) when you can cancel the policy without any penalties. I think you are still within this period. Please go through your policy document carefully

I do not think that Kotak Insurance is to be blamed. Most likely the agent is taking you for a ride. But I may be wrong.

You can do the following:
Cancel the new policy.
Complain to Kotak customer care with all the details
Lodge a complaint with IRDA

Re: KOTAK Life Insurance Issueed Policy on FORGED Signatures on of Premium of another

Every Insurance policy comes with a period (probably 15 days) when you can cancel the policy without any penalties. I think you are still within this period. Please go through your policy document carefully

I do not think that Kotak Insurance is to be blamed. Most likely the agent is taking you for a ride. But I may be wrong.

You can do the following:
Cancel the new policy.
Complain to Kotak customer care with all the details
Lodge a complaint with IRDA
ThankU palka,

The matter is not only cancellation of Policy alone.
The matter is about using forged signatures to issue the policy.

Even if KOTAK Life Insurance's agent has done it, but absolute responsibilty lies with KOTAK. KOTAK has apponited them, they are working on behalf on KOTAK.

The amazing facts of this policy which substantiate the forgery is as under:-
a. The last few pages of the policy contain the scanned image of 8 nos page of form no.:- KP 02075352 which reflects my forged signatures invariably on all pages.

b. The Cover Note of policy contains my incomplete name as MANJU

c. The Cover Note of policy contains my wrong postal address as I-12/319, xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxx, Delhi. I apprehend that The KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE might have contentions that at this wrong address, I will never receive this forged policy and their fraud will either be detected very late or never. Luckily, the delivery boy knew me so I got the courier inspite of wrong address & wrong phone number on policy.

d. The Cover Note of policy contains my mobile no.:- 9650754709, which I never possess.

e. The “First Premium Receipt” of the policy contains my wrong date of birth as 02/08/1972 and incomplete name as Manju.

f. The page 5 of 15 of policy contains the beneficiary name as xxxxxxxxxx (wrong name).

Please any1 guide me, I intend not only policy cancellation but want to sue KOTAK under section 420 of IPC for using forged signatures for issuing migration to another policy.
Secondly, please guide whether matter only pertains to IRDA or Court of Law can also be approached for Criminal Proceedings under section 420 of IPC.

Learned members please guide me.

Last edited:

pkgmtnl

I think KOTAK Life Insurance has done misconduct, and liable for legal action.
Please tell me, what action U hav so far taken?

>have u complained to IRDA?

>The KOTAK Life Insurance one go thru this will surely come forward to return ur money, take ur money but do not spare them for FORGING your signatures. It is a fit case of section 420 IPC, but still I suggest some Legal expert to be consulted.

>You indicated that U paid the premium of earlier policy and ur agent opened a new policy for U? is it? It should be an eye opener for other members.

>Obtain a certified copy of UR paid cheque from UR bank, i suppose U must have endorsed earlier policy number over it? If it is so then KOTAK has done another fraud of diverting the premium of any policy to another policy.

>I can not even imagine that any insurance company dare to do so.

>The IRDA to take stern legal action against KOTAK Life Insurance, do not spare them if it is true. They must have been doing so with others too, U have access to this forum so its made public.

Last edited:

ThankU palka,

The matter is not only cancellation of Policy alone.
The matter is about using forged signatures to issue the policy.

Even if KOTAK Life Insurance's agent has done it, but absolute responsibilty lies with KOTAK. KOTAK has apponited them, they are working on behalf on KOTAK.

The amazing facts of this policy which substantiate the forgery is as under:-
a. The last few pages of the policy contain the scanned image of 8 nos page of form no.:- KP 02075352 which reflects my forged signatures invariably on all pages.

b. The Cover Note of policy contains my incomplete name as MANJU

c. The Cover Note of policy contains my wrong postal address as I-12/319, xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxx, Delhi. I apprehend that The KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE might have contentions that at this wrong address, I will never receive this forged policy and their fraud will either be detected very late or never. Luckily, the delivery boy knew me so I got the courier inspite of wrong address & wrong phone number on policy.

d. The Cover Note of policy contains my mobile no.:- 9650754709, which I never possess.

e. The First Premium Receipt of the policy contains my wrong date of birth as 02/08/1972 and incomplete name as Manju.

f. The page 5 of 15 of policy contains the beneficiary name as xxxxxxxxxx (wrong name).

Please any1 guide me, I intend not only policy cancellation but want to sue KOTAK under section 420 of IPC for using forged signatures for issuing migration to another policy.
Secondly, please guide whether matter only pertains to IRDA or Court of Law can also be approached for Criminal Proceedings under section 420 of IPC.

Learned members please guide me.
Hi

Bfr going further,

Pls file a FIR with the police on the above problem. Then approach consumer cort.
Kotak will be more fast in responding to your problems.

Ten file complain with irda
Thnk suresh

rkkarnani

First priority should be to get the Policy cancelled before the 15 days period expires.

First priority should be to get the Policy cancelled before the 15 days period expires.
Hi buddy

Thats true, but u need to file a complain . else their wll be more victims.

Just a small question, when the agent cme did he made u fill new docs, as per my understanding u dont hv to fill new docs fr premium perpose

Thnk bn

Last edited:

Hi buddy

Thats true, but u need to file a complain . else their wll be more victims.

Just a small question, when the agent cme did he made u fill new docs, as per my understanding u dont hv to fill new docs fr premium perpose

Thnk bn
I am extremely gr8ful to this forum and members, who has stood by me in this difficult situation. I salute U all for coming forward with your guidance.

Please make sure to spread it to all to avoid further victimization by KOTAK to other public members.

I have already filed a complaint with IRDA via email, will b sending all hard copies as evidences.

I issued cheque only for paying the premium of my earlier policy, but they siphoned off the funds to open this new policy under forged signature.

I think I need to get a copy of cheque from bank too???

If you had written the policy number on the cheque then by all means get a copy of it. That itself will prove the facts.

Please inform one more thing, the agent involved in these two policies same? In that case he might have kept photocopies of the documents. If they are different people then Kotak is DEFINITELY responsible. Otherwise how come the photocopies originate.

As suggested before, please register an FIR .

I am extremely Thankful to every1 who has come forward to guide me.
I was very disappointed and distressed with the Fraud & forgery Committted by KOTAK Life Insurance.

I feel like I am in a family where people take care & help other members.

Some1 has told me that since KOTAK Life Insurance has forged my signatures, so I can directly go to court of law, ultimately the police also has to send the case to Court.

I am waiting for a response from KOTAK Life Insurance as I lodged a complaint with them on their email id [email protected]
They too have a right to say & put their comments, before further action.

A complaint has also lodged with IRDA too.

Thnx U very much Traderji & fellow members, plz do help similarly to other members too, it brings lots of strength at distressed time.

bye regrds