Kindly explain

Dear friends,

I am new to F & O segment. I am a bit confused by the term as SELL Futures / SELL Put / SELL Call . Can we sell futures without buying them first. I use sharekhan tradtiger.. Many analyst say SELL futures / sell CALL ETC.. as an options strategy...

I want to understand how can this be done.. since i use sharekhan tradetiger.. do i just need to put a sell order direct on their ORDER platform ..

Can somebody please explain me this concept.
SELL RANBAXY futures <PRICE> TARGET <PRICE> SL<PRICE>

Your guidance will be of great help

Reggie

Abraj,

Since you are new to futures, suggest you take time to understand fully what Futures, Calls & Puts are about. There is a potential for high profit, but also a high loss in futures. In the hands of a beginner, its like giving the keys to a Mercedese or BMW who has just got the licence. Selling calls and puts can give you limited profit, but unlimited loss if you are on the wrong side of the trade. Just as somebody who has passed out MBBS, does not do surgery, so also, one must not trade Futures & Options without understanding the consequences.

Brokers will recommed you to buy and sell all these, because they are not interested if you make money, but only the commissions that they can earn.

Take care, and good luck.

Dear friends,

I am new to F & O segment. I am a bit confused by the term as SELL Futures / SELL Put / SELL Call . Can we sell futures without buying them first. I use sharekhan tradtiger.. Many analyst say SELL futures / sell CALL ETC.. as an options strategy...

I want to understand how can this be done.. since i use sharekhan tradetiger.. do i just need to put a sell order direct on their ORDER platform ..

Dear friends,

To answer your Q. Yes you can Sell stuff before you buy it. This is called Shorting. As Reggie rightly pointed out, this is high Risk business so beware.

Anyhow, You can get started with 1 lot MINIFTY to get a feel of this stuff.