Karthiks Options Trading Strategy

amitsh27

Hey karthik, thanks man.....happy diwali...
Options need less money to play the game....so very much required some strategy from some learned guy like u.....
Waiting now.....

karthik_sri

We will be using a price action and an Indicator for Trade and I have tested this in Intraday only with NIFTY Options!!!

This strategy will not give you much more return but as far as I am concerned when I trade in Options I look for the % of return rather volume of Return. But this strategy will give you a decent return of 5% to 10% per trade. As I said I have tested this strategy with NIFTY only and in the coming threads I will take you through the charts of Entry, Exit & SL

Basic Setup

Time Frame for Trading: Intraday chart of 30 or 15 Min time frame
Time Frame for selecting the strike Price: EOD
Scrip/Underlying: NIFTY

Indicator:

1). WMA (Weighted Moving Average) of High period 5 & WMA of Low period 5
2). CCI with 14 period

Rules/Strategy

Entry Setup

Rule 1). We look for the 15 or 30 Min candle to close above High of WMA5
Rule 2). CCI Reading > 50
Rule 3). Don't consider the setup when CCI Reading is >=200
Rule 3). 15 or 30 Min candle should not touch High & Low of WMA5

At time Rule 1 & 2 will be met and the candle will touch High & Low of WMA5 in such case don't initiate the trade and wait for another setup to form.

When all the above mentioned conditions/rules met place Buy Order on the High price of the trigger candle.

SL Setup

Rule 1). Low of the trigger candle.

Exit Setup

Since we are trading with NIFTY Options We aim to exit with Rs.1000/- (20 points)

I will make this clear with the chart's in the coming thread. As I said the return of Rs.1000/- is decent for the capital of Rs.10000/- per trade which is good enough as we are getting 10% return. :thumb:

I have not posted the Short sell setup as In OPTIONS we cant do short sell.

Cheers
Karthik

karthik_sri

I am having data for the period from 12th Jul'13 to 4th Oct'13 and will post the charts from these periods.

12th Jul'13 Index Nifty Close price : 6017.70

We will take the nearest Call & Put Option strike price which is 6000 to trade Intraday on 15th Jul'13 as 13th & 14th being holiday. I prefer to take Ïn the Money Strike Price" and the reason I will explain after posting some charts and trades.

We will watch NIFTY 6000 Put & NIFTY 6000 Call on 15th Jul'13 with 15 min time frame.

NIFTY 6000 Call chart of 15th Jul'13 below

http://i.imgur.com/X6MT9sF.png

In the attached above Intraday Chart of 15min the candle closed above WMA High and conditions are numbered.

(1) The Candle closed above 5WMA High (1st condition satisfied)
(2) The Close price of the candle is Higher than 5WMA High (1st condition confirmation)
(3) CCI reading > 50
(4) The piercing candle not touched both High & Low of 5WMA

We place buy order at High of trigger candle which is Rs.79.00. Buy order triggered and we exit at minimum of 10 points or Rs.500/- which is more than 10% return.

Buy : 3950.00 (Capital employed or Money Invested)
Sell : 4450.00

GP : 500.00 (% of Return 12.60%):thumb:

http://i.imgur.com/KIoiUSe.png

NIFTY 6000 Put Chart of 15th Jul'13 below

No Trading opportunity

Please have a look on the charts and the setup with Entry & Exit and let me have your queries.

Cheers
Karthik

amitsh27

Dear Karthik,
As I can see, the candle is touching high of WMA (76.15)....pl correct me if I'm not understanding rightly.....
set up is simple.....can we expect to get more than 1 entry chance daily ?

Rgds
Amit

karthik_sri

Dear Karthik,
As I can see, the candle is touching high of WMA (76.15)....pl correct me if I'm not understanding rightly.....
set up is simple.....can we expect to get more than 1 entry chance daily ?

Rgds
Amit
I don't understand your query here...
getting more than 1 entry chance is very rare!!! This is my observation!