Karthik's Intraday Trading using EMA & CCI

XRAY27

I'm basically a PAT follower not going with any indicators since very long,..but learn't various setups of indicators during start of my trading life..with in that i got a AFL for CCI (source:internet or this forum i don't remember)..which may be useful to this thread
_SECTION_BEGIN("CCI");
SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid100|chartGridDiv100);
Period = Param("CCI Period",14,1,100,1);
CCILineColor = ParamColor("CCI Line Color",colorDarkGreen);
CCIOverboughtColor = ParamColor("CCI Overbought Color", colorGreen);
CCIOversoldColor = ParamColor("CCI Oversold Color", colorRed);
z = CCI(Period);
Plot(z,"CCI",IIf(z<-100,CCIOversoldColor,IIf(z>100,CCIOverboughtColor,CCILineColor)));
Plot(100,"100",CCILineColor,styleNoTitle|styleNoLabel);
Plot(-100,"-100",CCILineColor,styleNoTitle|styleNoLabel);
PlotOHLC(z,z,50,z,"",IIf(z>50,CCIOverboughtColor,CCIOversoldcolor),styleCloud|styleClipMinMax,-100,100);
_SECTION_END();

ANARI TRADER's CHARTS
TATASTEEL 14DECFUT

Hi Puchu,

Good to see that you are making consistent profits with this system.

Just have some things to ask you/know your views

1) What is the general SL you are using and how you are trailing it? Are you using it on % basis or particular points?

2) Are you taking the trade exactly after adding a cushion of 0.1 % according to Karthik's strategy or adding more/less cushion to avoid fake signals?

If you could throw light on any more points which I missed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Trading,
Nikki :thumb:

PUCHU_2500

Hi Puchu,

Good to see that you are making consistent profits with this system.

Just have some things to ask you/know your views

1) What is the general SL you are using and how you are trailing it? Are you using it on % basis or particular points?

2) Are you taking the trade exactly after adding a cushion of 0.1 % according to Karthik's strategy or adding more/less cushion to avoid fake signals?

If you could throw light on any more points which I missed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Trading,
Nikki :thumb:
dear Nikki,

My SL is above below triggered bar or its prior 1 / 2 bar H/L. firstly I give some room to move prices then I modify my SL as per fluctuation. Never let my profits turn into loss. Scratch either in small profit or in BE. No, I do not play on % basis. I never set my target, the market stop out me. For my trade, max time I place stop buy/sell order by filtering 0.10 p to 0.30 p on TS. Nikki, I do not know how to avoid false signal, but it is better to take every signal if feels comfortable and keep busy with TSL or let it hit SL. U may visit this blog for ur learning purpose…..get here many important articles....http://niftynirvana.blogspot.in/2013/01/scratch-and-win.html (karthik sir has given us a good method, just we have to find out which stock works on this system so that we can trade profitably.)
Pls, do not take me as pro trader, I am learner, still learning……struggling to survive in the market…..

PUCHU_2500

Tatasteel has become your favourite:) Good to see ur making decent profit:clapping:
sir,
your system is working on tatasteel very well. so, trading this stock sir....
thanks

Dear ST, Karthik and Seniors,

Is this condition to be followed in this system?.
Do we require to wait for the next candle close to place an order.

As per my understanding we have to wait 5 to 10 minutes to place the order after trigger. But many times targets are achieved at next candle itself.

Seems to be good strategy but things go late.
Please clarify

Raju

karthik_sri

Dear ST, Karthik and Seniors,

Is this condition to be followed in this system?.
Do we require to wait for the next candle close to place an order.

As per my understanding we have to wait 5 to 10 minutes to place the order after trigger. But many times targets are achieved at next candle itself.

Seems to be good strategy but things go late.
Please clarify

Raju
Hi Raju,
If you choose shorter time frame you have to be fast in calculating the buy price and placing the order. This is what I told in my previous post in this thread. It is better to check for each and every price bar/candle that meets our trigger condition. Pls let me know your exact query here.