Kandagiri Spinning Mills

Dear Friends,

My father had bought Kandagiri Spinning Mills in 1995 premium of 50rs per share. Now the scrip is going arnd 80 - 90.
Whats you say on it.. Let me hold it for some more time ?

Sorry I just now joined the forum and am new to trading so please correct me if am wrong.
I have planned to open demat account and online trading, So How much should I spend to transfer this share from my father to me.

..Suzi

hai suzi, i live close to the mill location.the long term view ( 2 years ) is good as the textile sector is in the process of consolidation.the short term is weak (for all stocks across the board).so keeping the time frame in mind , its a sell in short term and hold for long term. expect good dividends as the promoters and their relatives hold a high stake.
bye
ravi

ravi1967 said:
hai suzi, i live close to the mill location.the long term view ( 2 years ) is good as the textile sector is in the process of consolidation.the short term is weak (for all stocks across the board).so keeping the time frame in mind , its a sell in short term and hold for long term. expect good dividends as the promoters and their relatives hold a high stake.
bye
ravi
Hi Ravi,

This stock is with my father from 1995. We have got 100 shares of this company. So it is better to hold it on. Am i right

Suzi

hai, why not hold is for 2 years. i think your cost of purchase may be around 20 to 30 rupees.if so may be sell 50 shares and hold 50 shares.
bye
ravi

ravi1967 said:
hai, why not hold is for 2 years. i think your cost of purchase may be around 20 to 30 rupees.if so may be sell 50 shares and hold 50 shares.
bye
ravi
Hi Ravi,

This stock was got in its IPO with premium of 50 rupees per share. So what would be your say

Suzi

ravi1967 said:
hai,sell it if you are uncomfortable with the shares!!!
bye
Hi Ravi,

Am Sorry If I had told anything wrong. I apologise.
I am really comfortable with the shares but I want to know whether it is good holding the shares. Am Sorry Sir If am wrong. I want people like you to advise me.

Suzi

hai suzi, no offence ment. the saying in stock market is that "sell the shares if your are uncomfortable with it". so no need to apologise. in fact ishould have written it clearly.this forum is meant for learners like you and me, and it is for amitbhai, agilentji,voveji and pankaj to teach people like us.bye and take careas no one can predict the share price to accuracy.we can only fundamentally and techinalcally advice you regarding the price.i can tell you an example of my dad's brother who had purchaed SBI in IPO and when it was quoting at 250, he asked me if the price was okay to sell. i told him to sell and next month the share price jumped to 400 and finally peaked at 990 odd.so every time i see him coming , i start looking for places to hide!!!.i forgot to tell him to sell small quantities each time. so that's why i asked you to sell 50 and retain 50 so that in case the share price falls below your purchase price, atleast your capital invested is intact.so take care.bye
ravi

pkjha30

ravi1967 said:
i can tell you an example of my dad's brother who had purchaed SBI in IPO and when it was quoting at 250, he asked me if the price was okay to sell. i told him to sell and next month the share price jumped to 400 and finally peaked at 990 odd.so every time i see him coming , i start looking for places to hide!!!.i forgot to tell him to sell small quantities each time. so that's why i asked you to sell 50 and retain 50 so that in case the share price falls below your purchase price, atleast your capital invested is intact.so take care.bye
ravi
Hi Ravi

That was realy nice to read. :D My Brother in law had same experience with SBI. He got it for 125, as ESOP,I think. He sold when it went up to some 400 odd. Now he worries for unborn chickens. I told him to find more opportunities in the market.

And I am not here to guide anybody but to tell my ideas. I can not , will not and hope not to compete with SAINT, AMITBE VV and others. They are the people in the game, I am linesman.

My advice to suzi as common investor will be to sell at the first opportunity and get into better stock.Any stock , which has appreciated 50% in last 10 years is pathetic. You will find many better opportunities in the market.

Pankaj:)

pkjha30 said:
Hi Ravi

That was realy nice to read. :D My Brother in law had same experience with SBI. He got it for 125, as ESOP,I think. He sold when it went up to some 400 odd. Now he worries for unborn chickens. I told him to find more opportunities in the market.

And I am not here to guide anybody but to tell my ideas. I can not , will not and hope not to compete with SAINT, AMITBE VV and others. They are the people in the game, I am linesman.

My advice to suzi as common investor will be to sell at the first opportunity and get into better stock.Any stock , which has appreciated 50% in last 10 years is pathetic. You will find many better opportunities in the market.

Pankaj:)

Hi Ravi, Pankaj

Thanks for you kind response. I will do as you told. Keep hold of 50 and sell another 50.

Suzi