Journey of an Intraday NIFTY Trader with 5 Lakh Initial Capital - REAL TRADES

Honestly, it's pain to see the average of ~ Rs. 2150 loss of total 68 sessions, especially with a good and long experience. Bring back your best 5 sessions profitable in a row [6 to 18 Dec].

deepsat

I am following this thread from day 1 and it is a great effort from you Sir. Kudos to that.

Would like to share some observations from my side. I am also trying to be a mechanical trader but compounding part is really interesting. Kindly take this in the right spirit.

1. It has been 5 months Sir and the account is in drawdown from day 1.
2. It never went above the capital of 5L for not even a day.
3. None of the month was +ve
4. 5 months of time drawdown is too much for intraday trading
5. As you are a experienced trader, you know that underwater for months together tells that something wrong with the system.
6. Did you go back and see what went wrong in the last 5 months? Market went through various cycels in intraday in the last 5 months and i am confident that your system should have worked atleast for 1-2 months.

If you can share your answers for these questions, it would really let the followers of this thread like me to understand few things Sir.

1. How are you managing this psychologically? I understand this is an experiment account but still money is money.
2. What was your worst time drawdown in backtesting?

Thanks in advance Sir.

kingsmasher1

Hello all,

I started my journey as a full time trader since 2009 and have learnt a lot from the interactions from the traderji members.

I can assure all the members one thing after being in the markets for about 15 years now (10 years full time), risk management and psychology are the key parameters to succeed.
Disclaimer: I will be brutally honest, and hence my comment might not look good to many.

When you start a trading diary/thread saying you have been a full-time trader and in markets for more than 15 years, there is a different level of expectation and standard being set from the very first, and sometimes it is difficult to keep up to that.

The excel sheet where the trades and P/L is documented i can see around more than 20% of capital is already gone in less than 3 months. With this kind of drawdown there is obviously a question raised in inner-mind. How does one survive full-time for 10-15 years trading where there is already a draw-down of 20% in 3 months.

If i have excess money, and i don't know where to spend, i would rather donate it to the poor, than draining it in the markets with some un-tested strategy which doesn't work.

*** Sorry again but i just spoke my mind - please feel free to ignore and enjoy your trades.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I will be brutally honest, and hence my comment might not look good to many.

When you start a trading diary/thread saying you have been a full-time trader and in markets for more than 15 years, there is a different level of expectation and standard being set from the very first, and sometimes it is difficult to keep up to that.

The excel sheet where the trades and P/L is documented i can see around more than 20% of capital is already gone in less than 3 months. With this kind of drawdown there is obviously a question raised in inner-mind. How does one survive full-time for 10-15 years trading where there is already a draw-down of 20% in 3 months.

If i have excess money, and i don't know where to spend, i would rather donate it to the poor, than draining it in the markets with some un-tested strategy which doesn't work.

*** Sorry again but i just spoke my mind - please feel free to ignore and enjoy your trades.
it is like trying with 2 lakhs or 5 lakhs and keep on trading that form few months or max six month and once got blown add fresh capital .. like wise 15 years might gone with total loss might be 50 lakhs etc ..