Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

anup

Hello Anup

Thanks for the feedback

Few Simple questions

1) Once the paid service starts will you stick to Jio or use your current provider?

2) If the current telocs match the pricing / similar packages still will you migrate to Jio?

3) Will you ever port your number to Jio and use it as sole service provider?

Thanks

Happy :)
Very good questions and here are my answers:

1. I will use Jio sim as I have dual sim mobile. But I will be mainly using it for data and I will try to use minimum or no data from my current provider(Airtel)

2. I will not migrate to Jio so soon and will suggest everyone the same. Because I was in few prominent places(Cities) in Karnataka like Murudeshwar, Sub urbs of Tumkur,Mysore and other places and I had terrible network with Jio. So if we are travelling out of city then its better to stick with major telecos and also we should have atleast some data in the major telecos as it will be helpful while travelling.

3. I will not be porting it to Jio.

As of now there is no clarity with Jio regarding Call drop, Network issue. Its still in its infant stages. It will be interesting to see if they address these issues. Also I read in Amabni's press conference that they will not be charging for SMS and Calls.For the people like my father who never uses internet, they can use it for Calls/SMS probably Jio will not allow this. I dont know how they will tackle users who will not use any data.

Last edited:

RockyRobust

On a lighter note.. does anyone know why the Rel Jio tv commercials show lot of people are taken for a ride in the air with many colourful gas balloons ? :rofl:

P.S : I paid Jio 2k on 9th Sept for JioFi...and given them my kyc ( passport )... and my device is still not activated... despite numerous visits/calls/mails/tweets etc etc...

Now someone would write a big essay on why this is happening.. and how the other operators have stolen my kyc from Jio and preventing Jio to activate ( or at least acknowledge ) my JioFi...:clap:
I was searching for good signal on my JIO phone for better speed in my area , I think I will have to borrow one balloon from JIO to reach a well networked area .. :lol: :rofl:

Speed has now further dropped to barely 2 MBps , forget youtube or any other videos even normal webpages are not opening properly :(:mad:
It makes an interesting case study . . .

Jio giving out free Sims to millions . . . free data . . . free voice call . . .

It definitely created a massive disruption in the Teleco Market

But what about the goodwill / brand value they generated ????

People all over the social media throwing up :( :mad: similes :D

On top of it, everyone seems to be of view that RIL is dong us no favor by the freebies they are giving
They are doing so for their own corporate advantage / strategy . . .

During these trial months the customer sets into a strange entitlement mode of getting stuff free . . .

But worst . . . the employees / staff / team also sets into a mode of rather than providing customer service as if they are servicing beggars . . .

Now imagine when they carry over the same attitude to paying customers :lol:

Anyway for those who got hold of the Jio Sim . . . 4 GB of data every day even at 2 MB is no bad deal.

RockyRobust

Jio giving out free Sims to millions . . . free data . . . free voice call . . .

It definitely created a massive disruption in the Teleco Market

But what about the goodwill / brand value they generated ????

People all over the social media throwing up :( :mad: similes :D

On top of it, everyone seems to be of view that RIL is dong us no favor by the freebies they are giving
They are doing so for their own corporate advantage / strategy . . .

During these trial months the customer sets into a strange entitlement mode of getting stuff free . . .

But worst . . . the employees / staff / team also sets into a mode of rather than providing customer service as if they are servicing beggars . . .

Anyway for those who got hold of the Jio Sim . . . 4 GB of data every day even at 2 MB is no bad deal.

I am myself receiving pathetic speed and also had a chat with acquaintances from other parts of the country where it is clearly evident that the network is largely concentrated in high potential areas. Also the bandwidth is going all over the place within short spurts. This is not a benchmark for reliability. I cannot think JIO to be more than a secondary number for myself , that too with such rates which don't really seem to be competitive enough. Their conditions of Wi-Fi Hotspot data covering the major chunk of data is big no-no if one is using the data at one place and is not moving frequently.

Very good and balanced post :thumb:

But this is more or less becoming norm in discount wars :lol:

RockyRobust

Very good and balanced post :thumb:

But this is more or less becoming norm in discount wars :lol:
People are saying that this is a free lunch and enjoy it as much as you can. However after having conversations with my friends and acquaintances and also my own experience says that whats the use of free lunch if there is nothing to eat. Those who are getting the speeds are fortunate enough to be in the vicinity of strong network available. So they have opportunity to enjoy the free lunch. Those who bought LYF products like mobiles and Jio-Fi device have actually prepaid for the lunch.