Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

protrade

How come Jio wasn't prepared for it ? As far as I know, interconnect is supposedly a bilateral agreement, not a birthright for any operator.
I don't know what you mean by birthright - but it is not just a bilateral issue. Its an obligation thats mandated by the licensing conditions.

This is simply a function of how fast Reliance is growing - one of my posts in this very threads makes an attempt to calculate the actual number of subscribers - and I arrive at a figure between 10-15 million already! Bharti still hasn't given Jio the interconnects needed for 15 million subscribers - even though they agreed. By the time they install the numbers necessary for 15 million, it will be 30 million needed!

But this is all anticipated by Jio - thats the very reason why services are free till the end of this year.

saakk

Not at all connected to anyone in Reliance in any way shape or form. I actually checked my Linked In, and even Friends of Friends are not working for Reliance :)!

Of course, I have shares of Reliance Industries - that I think you should know more than clearly by now!

This just fits in perfectly with my theme of companies that are undervalued, with huge potential, and with specific triggers that are being ignored by market or not known to the market!
Well bold part says it all, you are long and biased and trying to explain why price should move up and may be you are right in your analysis and i hope you make tones of money from this trade, But unless price move above 1649 (all time high) every thing is just a theory and its not reflecting in company stock price and as a trader unless price trend i cant make money.

Just for the sake of conversation: HDFC bank commands highest PE in its peers, only reason is market see the growth potential in it, same applies to asian paints but according to you market dont see the potential of reliance, this type of view only an insider can have:)

Best of luck...

deba72

On a lighter note.. does anyone know why the Rel Jio tv commercials show lot of people are taken for a ride in the air with many colourful gas balloons ? :rofl:

P.S : I paid Jio 2k on 9th Sept for JioFi...and given them my kyc ( passport )... and my device is still not activated... despite numerous visits/calls/mails/tweets etc etc...

Now someone would write a big essay on why this is happening.. and how the other operators have stolen my kyc from Jio and preventing Jio to activate ( or at least acknowledge ) my JioFi...:clap:

Last edited:

DSM

Sometimes being on the forum defeats its purpose. I have disagreed with Protrade, questioned some assumptions, but still find his post informative and insightful. One poster made uncalled for personal remarks a few days back, and then many other joined the bandwagon. Disagreement is fine, but casting aspersion? Is it any wonder that people stop posting after sometime and some good threads and posters step aside? Too many to count.... and hence impacts the quality of the forum...

Seriously, this issue has been raised often. Thread creators should be given the option of barring people in their thread who make personal attacks and pass flippant comments or do not add value. This happens in many other top quality international forums.

Just my view...

protrade

Well bold part says it all, you are long and biased and trying to explain why price should move up and may be you are right in your analysis and i hope you make tones of money from this trade, But unless price move above 1649 (all time high) every thing is just a theory and its not reflecting in company stock price and as a trader unless price trend i cant make money.

Just for the sake of conversation: HDFC bank commands highest PE in its peers, only reason is market see the growth potential in it, same applies to asian paints but according to you market dont see the potential of reliance, this type of view only an insider can have:)

Best of luck...
Man - you need to get your head screwed on tight. You are talking as if I am positive about the stock because I am invested in the stock!! Please understand, its the reverse - I am invested in the stock because I am positive about the stock.

And as far as this particular investment is concerned, it really doesn't concern me where Reliance is today, or tomorrow or next month. I won't be getting out till at least 3x - and I expect to see 3x within 3 years.

And thirdly, I am perfectly happy selling covered calls and enhancing my return on investment - so this months fairly rapid move in the stock is actually not such a great thing for me. I have switched over from 1100 to 1120 calls, but it looks like even 1120 calls will get taken out soon. But that's OK - it is par for the course when you play in covered calls. Hopefully you make money 10 months of the year, and lose a small amount in 2 months.

I am not in a league where my opinion on this forum is going to move the stock - that too a stock like Reliance - so I don't know where you are getting these kind of ideas from!

I don't know what you mean by birthright - but it is not just a bilateral issue. Its an obligation thats mandated by the licensing conditions.

This is simply a function of how fast Reliance is growing - one of my posts in this very threads makes an attempt to calculate the actual number of subscribers - and I arrive at a figure between 10-15 million already! Bharti still hasn't given Jio the interconnects needed for 15 million subscribers - even though they agreed. By the time they install the numbers necessary for 15 million, it will be 30 million needed!

But this is all anticipated by Jio - thats the very reason why services are free till the end of this year.
You know, it is easy for Jio to blame the other operators. I guess in the interest of transparency, they should release the documents regarding their interconnect agreements with the other operators, the agreements arrived at before the launch.

I would like to know what were their preparations for the fast growth. Didn't they anticipate the traffic and the co-ordination they will need from the other operators ? Did they at any time inform the other operators of the anticipated load ?

I see this blame game as a business strategy, and a dirty one at that, aimed at maiming the competitors.

protrade

HDFC bank commands highest PE in its peers, only reason is market see the growth potential in it, same applies to asian paints but according to you market dont see the potential of reliance, this type of view only an insider can have:)

Best of luck...
And just for the sake of conversation again, I would never touch a HDFC Bank or an Asian Paints. Why bother with a stock where people expect a lot of good things to happen, and all those good things are already factored in? How much upside do you see from that?

My entire philosophy is to find stocks where market is NOT pricing in all the good things. Where market is not factoring in changes in the future.

HDFC Bank has a better position on NPAs relative to its peers. But I happen to believe that the banks that got badly hit on NPAs are the place to be - because the risk is way lower when all the bad news is priced in, including expectation of hidden bad news in future! And people are not pricing in the impact of recent measures to tackle bank loans - bankruptcy bill, securitization, ARC, etc. Plus people worry about only the hidden bad loans in the future - but don't realize that the fully provided for bad loans of 80's and 90's also come under purview of recent legislation. People forget that Raghuram Rajan tried to avoid cutting rates, to put pressure on banks to tackle the problem head on. Whereas, with the new MPC, and with lower expectations of inflation, RBI stance on rates has clearly changed. Biggest beneficiary of this are of course the banks.

Asian Paints is going to be a horror story - the stock benefited massively purely and only because huge fall in crude oil lowered its input costs massively - but they had zero pressure to lower prices. Last year numbers were phenomenal because of that. And analysts havent caught on to that side of the story - they assume something fundamental has shifted in the company, and it will continue to grow profits at the rates of last year! Good luck with that expectation.

If you picked up HDFC Bank and Asian Paints long back, and rode the shares, that's awesome - if you are picking them up now, well, I wish you luck!

anup

I am using jio sim from last 4 months as I got it from one of my friend who was a distributor. I have almost downloaded 4TB of Data in last 4 months(Dont curse me for this!!).Before Jio was launched the download was unlimited and here are some of my Observations:

1. Jio network is available mainly in city limits. Sometimes whenever there is network, I have seen the download at 16 MBPS also!!
2. Calls are not getting connected mainly to Airtel network.
3. On an average 1MBPS to 2MBPS speed is achieved in most of the places where there is coverage
4. Call drop rate is also high!!
5. After Jio went live the speed has reduced drastically due to high volume and usage.
6. Vendors are selling jio sim from 200 to 500 rs with Aadhar proof, This is leading to black marketeer.
7. I had checked Jio network in rural places, villages and District places too. You will not get any signal, Not even a single bar.

I am using jio sim from last 4 months as I got it from one of my friend who was a distributor. I have almost downloaded 4TB of Data in last 4 months(Dont curse me for this!!).Before Jio was launched the download was unlimited and here are some of my Observations:

1. Jio network is available mainly in city limits. Sometimes whenever there is network, I have seen the download at 16 MBPS also!!
2. Calls are not getting connected mainly to Airtel network.
3. On an average 1MBPS to 2MBPS speed is achieved in most of the places where there is coverage
4. Call drop rate is also high!!
5. After Jio went live the speed has reduced drastically due to high volume and usage.
6. Vendors are selling jio sim from 200 to 500 rs with Aadhar proof, This is leading to black marketeer.
7. I had checked Jio network in rural places, villages and District places too. You will not get any signal, Not even a single bar.
Hello Anup

Thanks for the feedback

Few Simple questions

1) Once the paid service starts will you stick to Jio or use your current provider?

2) If the current telocs match the pricing / similar packages still will you migrate to Jio?

3) Will you ever port your number to Jio and use it as sole service provider?

Thanks

Happy :)